My turbines arrived 6 days before the ETA, I honestly could not be happier with the SQ, it is almost as good as my Ultrasone PRO550, but with a lesser soundstage. For $50 less than the PRO550 and being way more portable, I'd say the turbines are totally worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/15/10
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are they worth that much more??? Last post on 7/20/10 at 4:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Gold vs Monster Turbine Copper Last post on 10/30/10 at 11:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine vs. Klipsch S4 Last post on 7/19/10 at 3:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Gold w/ Headstage Arrow 4G Amp Last post on 1/19/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread - Page 72post #1066 of 111810/13/11 at 5:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 111810/20/11 at 10:33pm
Got the refurbished ones today. Kind of surprise me with how overwhelming the bass was at first. It's settled down some so here's some quick observations.
1. A+ build quality for housing, D for cable
2. Bass doesn't bleed but still pretty overwhelming. Recessed mid seems to be the problem here.
3. Fits is a bit difficult at first, but as with most non-Westone product, eventually you find something that works. For me it's wearing it over ear(so the housing doesn't poke my ear and for the cable noise) with those 8 dollars Best Buy tips(forgot what they are called, black tip with different colored inner core)
4. So far seems to be a great Jazz/Hip-Hop/Trip-Hop phone, not so great for most mid range vocal focused music or overly complex composition. Does NOT work for Violin Sonatas...
For $55 I guess I can't complain too much. I haven't been up to date on newer IEMs for a couple years. But it used to be Soundmagic/lower end Yuin/other Chinese company IEM category(I don't even think you can get a Klipsch Image S4 for that money), and I've had either build quality issues or fitting issues with them. Always wanted to try the normal Turbine. I'd say from memory that I prefer the normal Turbine over the Turbine Pro Gold I had a couple years ago. That phone was more balanced and probably technically better but it lack soul IMO. The normal Turbine works great with some music and while unnatural with some music it's tolerable. There might be $55 phones that's better all arounders, but Turbine is an exciting alternative for non-critical listening and you probably shouldn't dissect music with $55 headphones anyway.
Just went back to my HD600 and the difference in clarity is a bit too staggering for me. I'm going to let this burn in for a couple more days and re-evaluate. On one hand I don't remember many phones around $50 sounding terribly great, on the other hand the Monster doesn't really hold a candle against the Senn.
Edited by playingwithfire - 10/20/11 at 11:34pmpost #1068 of 111810/21/11 at 10:54am
@playingwithfire, just curious, what model did you get from the outlet store? did you get the one with the improved strain reliefs and 90 angle plug? or the previous model with the straight plug and poop strain reliefs?post #1069 of 111810/21/11 at 2:37pmQuote:
Straight plug and "poop" strain reliefs LOL. Is there a known audio difference?post #1070 of 111811/18/11 at 7:11am
Has anyone had experience with the Sennheiser CX 880s? How do the Monster Turbine's compare? I'm thinking of upgrading my CX 880s, looking for something with a bit more bass and a lot more isolation, the CX 880s just don't isolate. I was going to go for the IE series, probably IE6, but it seems like they don't isolate well either.post #1071 of 111812/15/11 at 1:05pm
Just got mine today, after ordering from Amazon (Fulfillment by Amazon). Brand new, sealed in the box.
Listening to them right now, and. . .without any doubts whatsoever, I have to say I am absolutely and completely blown away by the SQ of these. I was expecting something really good; I was not expecting anything this good. These are fantastic.
These absolutely have to be the best sounding IEs I have ever heard. I can't wait to get my Cowon iAudio 9, and see how they sound paired with that
Anyone else happen to have this combination (or anyone else ever heard how they sound together)?
Wonder how these will sound after about 120 hours or so of burn-in. . .post #1072 of 11181/12/12 at 8:06pm
Is anyone else waiting for a replacement set from Monster?
I sent my Turbines to them in September and every time I call back they keep telling me that they expect stock within a few weeks. Obviously those few weeks have turned into months and still no headphones. What the heck is going on?post #1073 of 11181/12/12 at 8:10pmpost #1074 of 11181/13/12 at 11:14pmpost #1075 of 11181/19/12 at 6:20pm
I received my replacement Turbine's today. They were shipped from Monster in Las Vegas, NV. It's too bad that the retail price for these is so low now otherwise I would sell them. Without even removing the plastic wrap I know these will eventually have driver flex as well.
Do you think using foam tips would reduce the severe suction that happens with the silicone tips in my ears?post #1076 of 11181/22/12 at 12:42pm
How can I appreciate this after 15 days of gentle usage?
What should I do with it? Should I glue it? Should I send it back and take another 10 dollar post fees?
I had TURBINE they broke. I have COPPERs, they just broke. I don't know why I am not having luck with Monsterpost #1077 of 11182/19/12 at 8:30pm
Can someone on here please give me your best recommendation for a great tip compatible for use with these Turbines, so I don't have to sift through all 71 pages of this thread to find a clue?
I am presently using Comply 400 Tx (small size, I think). I would like to know if there is anything better for use with these.
Thank you.post #1078 of 11182/19/12 at 8:53pmpost #1079 of 11182/19/12 at 8:58pm
Very Cool, I'll have to check them out, then.
The Comply's aren't necessarily bad, I was just wanting to know if there was anything better is all.post #1080 of 11182/19/12 at 11:49pmQuote:
Have you tried the Super Tips?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Help with choosing between Mad Dog Pro, Alpha Dog, and Alpha Prime? 19 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 28 seconds ago
- › Need help finding a great pair of headphones please (details inside) 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 7 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 8 minutes ago
- › Takstar HD6000 vs Superlux HD 669 9 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2