My turbines arrived 6 days before the ETA, I honestly could not be happier with the SQ, it is almost as good as my Ultrasone PRO550, but with a lesser soundstage. For $50 less than the PRO550 and being way more portable, I'd say the turbines are totally worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/15/10
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are they worth that much more??? Last post on 7/20/10 at 4:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Gold vs Monster Turbine Copper Last post on 10/30/10 at 11:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine vs. Klipsch S4 Last post on 7/19/10 at 3:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Gold w/ Headstage Arrow 4G Amp Last post on 1/19/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread - Page 72post #1066 of 111810/13/11 at 5:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 111810/20/11 at 10:33pm
Got the refurbished ones today. Kind of surprise me with how overwhelming the bass was at first. It's settled down some so here's some quick observations.
1. A+ build quality for housing, D for cable
2. Bass doesn't bleed but still pretty overwhelming. Recessed mid seems to be the problem here.
3. Fits is a bit difficult at first, but as with most non-Westone product, eventually you find something that works. For me it's wearing it over ear(so the housing doesn't poke my ear and for the cable noise) with those 8 dollars Best Buy tips(forgot what they are called, black tip with different colored inner core)
4. So far seems to be a great Jazz/Hip-Hop/Trip-Hop phone, not so great for most mid range vocal focused music or overly complex composition. Does NOT work for Violin Sonatas...
For $55 I guess I can't complain too much. I haven't been up to date on newer IEMs for a couple years. But it used to be Soundmagic/lower end Yuin/other Chinese company IEM category(I don't even think you can get a Klipsch Image S4 for that money), and I've had either build quality issues or fitting issues with them. Always wanted to try the normal Turbine. I'd say from memory that I prefer the normal Turbine over the Turbine Pro Gold I had a couple years ago. That phone was more balanced and probably technically better but it lack soul IMO. The normal Turbine works great with some music and while unnatural with some music it's tolerable. There might be $55 phones that's better all arounders, but Turbine is an exciting alternative for non-critical listening and you probably shouldn't dissect music with $55 headphones anyway.
Just went back to my HD600 and the difference in clarity is a bit too staggering for me. I'm going to let this burn in for a couple more days and re-evaluate. On one hand I don't remember many phones around $50 sounding terribly great, on the other hand the Monster doesn't really hold a candle against the Senn.
Edited by playingwithfire - 10/20/11 at 11:34pmpost #1068 of 111810/21/11 at 10:54am
@playingwithfire, just curious, what model did you get from the outlet store? did you get the one with the improved strain reliefs and 90 angle plug? or the previous model with the straight plug and poop strain reliefs?post #1069 of 111810/21/11 at 2:37pmQuote:
Straight plug and "poop" strain reliefs LOL. Is there a known audio difference?post #1070 of 111811/18/11 at 7:11am
Has anyone had experience with the Sennheiser CX 880s? How do the Monster Turbine's compare? I'm thinking of upgrading my CX 880s, looking for something with a bit more bass and a lot more isolation, the CX 880s just don't isolate. I was going to go for the IE series, probably IE6, but it seems like they don't isolate well either.post #1071 of 111812/15/11 at 1:05pm
Just got mine today, after ordering from Amazon (Fulfillment by Amazon). Brand new, sealed in the box.
Listening to them right now, and. . .without any doubts whatsoever, I have to say I am absolutely and completely blown away by the SQ of these. I was expecting something really good; I was not expecting anything this good. These are fantastic.
These absolutely have to be the best sounding IEs I have ever heard. I can't wait to get my Cowon iAudio 9, and see how they sound paired with that
Anyone else happen to have this combination (or anyone else ever heard how they sound together)?
Wonder how these will sound after about 120 hours or so of burn-in. . .post #1072 of 11181/12/12 at 8:06pm
Is anyone else waiting for a replacement set from Monster?
I sent my Turbines to them in September and every time I call back they keep telling me that they expect stock within a few weeks. Obviously those few weeks have turned into months and still no headphones. What the heck is going on?post #1073 of 11181/12/12 at 8:10pmpost #1074 of 11181/13/12 at 11:14pmpost #1075 of 11181/19/12 at 6:20pm
I received my replacement Turbine's today. They were shipped from Monster in Las Vegas, NV. It's too bad that the retail price for these is so low now otherwise I would sell them. Without even removing the plastic wrap I know these will eventually have driver flex as well.
Do you think using foam tips would reduce the severe suction that happens with the silicone tips in my ears?post #1076 of 11181/22/12 at 12:42pm
How can I appreciate this after 15 days of gentle usage?
What should I do with it? Should I glue it? Should I send it back and take another 10 dollar post fees?
I had TURBINE they broke. I have COPPERs, they just broke. I don't know why I am not having luck with Monsterpost #1077 of 11182/19/12 at 8:30pm
Can someone on here please give me your best recommendation for a great tip compatible for use with these Turbines, so I don't have to sift through all 71 pages of this thread to find a clue?
I am presently using Comply 400 Tx (small size, I think). I would like to know if there is anything better for use with these.
Thank you.post #1078 of 11182/19/12 at 8:53pmpost #1079 of 11182/19/12 at 8:58pm
Very Cool, I'll have to check them out, then.
The Comply's aren't necessarily bad, I was just wanting to know if there was anything better is all.post #1080 of 11182/19/12 at 11:49pmQuote:
Have you tried the Super Tips?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 19 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 19 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 29 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 2 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear