I've really been digging my Turbines aside from the **** driver flex in the left 'phone. I guess for $26 I can't complain too terribly much, but it's frustrating as hell to be on the treadmill or whatever and have the sound on the left side cut out, fiddle with it to get it back, only to have it go out again a minute or so later
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/15/10
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Gold In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 7/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are they worth that much more??? Last post on 7/20/10 at 4:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Gold vs Monster Turbine Copper Last post on 10/30/10 at 11:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine vs. Klipsch S4 Last post on 7/19/10 at 3:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- fake Monster Turbine's Last post on 6/27/11 at 9:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Gold w/ Headstage Arrow 4G Amp Last post on 1/19/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- BRAINWAVZ S0: Hitting the sweet spot This time round, BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone and it seems to be a subordinate of the S5. It seems like the folks over...
Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread - Page 71post #1051 of 11188/11/11 at 3:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 11188/11/11 at 10:40pm
So to my huge surprised, they arrived at my door today. I just tried them on now and am playing around with all the tips...I've never before found a tip of an earbud that fit me and stayed in place.
They look great, came with the original box, both pouches, tip holder, clips, control talk remote, fancy inside box, manuals.post #1053 of 11188/11/11 at 10:48pmpost #1054 of 11188/11/11 at 11:19pm
I've had mine for sometime now and can officially say this earphones rock! I believe I had a driver flex on me one time. Other than that, these Turbines are very durable. I wore them through rain, sleet, and blizzards, and they're still kicking out the jams. And just like fine wine, their sound improved greatly. These are so good, I'm not even in a hurry to upgrade to the other expensive Turbines.post #1055 of 11188/17/11 at 8:51am
Noob here, first post. I was close to ordering a pair of SC Titans or S4's before I found this forum and completely read this thread and the thread dedicated to the Coppers. I just ordered a pair of the Turbines from the Monster Outlet and a set of Sony Hybrid tips. I'm coming from 2 sets of $10 Sony earbuds, 1 pair I've had for over 10 years and they sound good to me! But I'm looking forward to using the Turbines and hearing for myself the benefits of high priced/quality earbuds. Now I'm just worried about their durability and the Monster Outlet says there is only 30 days of warranty (although some are saying 90 days, it does not say that on the website or in the purchasing terms, yes I always read that). But I figure if I really like them and they break I'll shop around for some Golds or Coppers. Squaretrade offers a 1 yr. warranty for $9 and 2 yr. for $13, would it be worth it?post #1056 of 11188/17/11 at 9:25amwarranty on turbines is definately worth it. I bought mine from a seller here and i already had to send them in for repair twice. I'm gonna be on my third pair. Dont expect to be getting your pair in the mail any time soon though if you buy new. they told me they are backordered until mid september. probably even later now.post #1057 of 11188/17/11 at 10:08am
Yeah I ordered refurbs from the outlet and they already sent me a tracking number. So I'm probably getting a set of the old batch with the straight plug but for $55 I don't care. I'm not completely familiar with the squaretrade warranty but I think they just refund what you paid for them instead of having them fixed or replaced so I'm not sure if it's worth it.post #1058 of 11188/17/11 at 10:43ampost #1059 of 11188/17/11 at 10:55amyou could always call and ask.
IMO the turbines sound amazing but they arent worth the retail price. I got mine second hand for about 60 bucks, shipping included, but have had to send them back twice because of build issues.post #1060 of 11188/17/11 at 11:19amQuote:
Here is the Copper thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/470614/monster-turbine-pro-copper
It's a good read. From what I've read the isolation is good if you find the right tips which is why I ordered the Sony Hybrids. I saw some talk about Monster Hybrid tips in a thread that was a few months old but have been unable to find them for purchase. There are also the Monster super tips which seem to get mixed reviews. The Shure EA306 silicon tips and the Comply TX400 also seem to be highly recommended for these IEMs.
Edited by Nocturnx - 8/17/11 at 11:25ampost #1061 of 11188/17/11 at 1:46pmpost #1062 of 11188/18/11 at 6:34am
Just if anyone were curious, I called SquareTrade and if the earbuds broke I would have to ship'm to them and they would send me a check for the purchase price and then the warranty would be considered fulfilled. So it's not a true 1 year of warranty as it would only cover the item until it broke once within 1 yr... Kind of tricky but probably worth it if these turbines break as much as everyone says they do.post #1063 of 11188/23/11 at 7:27ampost #1064 of 11189/29/11 at 1:25am
I'm on my second pair because of driver flex and I thought I had it sort of under control. Every few days the left side would flex and the sound would become tiny with a dramatic loss of bass. Today it did it again but even after popping it back in place using a little pressure(gently blowing into the earpiece like I always do) it still sounds different to the right side. The bass isn't quite as punchy and full.
Wish I never bought these stupid things.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 7 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Looking for the best bang for my buck on a pair of earbuds or... 1 minute ago
- › Encoding Theories 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Radiation and smart phones 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › Beats Mixr On-Ear Headphones by Flagretro
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)