Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8 - Page 7

post #91 of 368
Normally it's advisable to do with open jaws
post #92 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughnut View Post
Normally it's advisable to do with open jaws
Hmmm...that could be an issue with mine...

-Ed
post #93 of 368
Thread Starter 
ACS suggests me with closed mouth impression.

It really depends on the vendor.
post #94 of 368
i was told to wiggle my jaw with a closed mouth. the audiologist also did each impression one ear at a time.
post #95 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoyu34 View Post
ACS suggests me with closed mouth impression.

It really depends on the vendor.
what happens when you yawn/eat/wiggle your jaw?
Does it lose seal? I know i'm nitpicking but does it cause a slight leakage too?
post #96 of 368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossnass15 View Post
what happens when you yawn/eat/wiggle your jaw?
Does it lose seal? I know i'm nitpicking but does it cause a slight leakage too?
No. I don't lose seal whatsoever. Also, I use them on the go.

But if you're laughing very hard(ie. reading the UM3X thread), your canal
is change shape, which would start to break a bit seal. I never bother
me. I believe some universal fit will break seal already.

But when you're dealing with customs, imo, the fit either work or not(which needs re-fit).
post #97 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossnass15 View Post
what happens when you yawn/eat/wiggle your jaw?
Does it lose seal? I know i'm nitpicking but does it cause a slight leakage too?
i think it is more of a comfort thing that the audiologist suggests to balance pressure in you head. i could be wrong tho.
post #98 of 368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcaps View Post
i think it is more of a comfort thing that the audiologist suggests to balance pressure in you head. i could be wrong tho.
acutally.. When you open your mouth. your canal is expand to its biggest.

Vendors suggest doing impressions either way. But open month impressions will just result in a more "in-there" feeling
post #99 of 368
I know westone suggests the bite-block half-closed method of making molds.
post #100 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by direcow View Post
I know westone suggests the bite-block half-closed method of making molds.
I did that with my UE11 impressions and I got a perfect fit first time. I might end up going with Starkey for the IE8. I would really appreciate if someone who is on the process can post a review as soon as it gets them.
post #101 of 368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolardito View Post
I did that with my UE11 impressions and I got a perfect fit first time. I might end up going with Starkey for the IE8. I would really appreciate if someone who is on the process can post a review as soon as it gets them.
bossnass15 was asking me if I loss seal if I open my month wide open. aparently, it doesn't. There is close to no movement of IEM & no sign of leakage at all.

Can you try opening your mouth with IEM in and report back, Thanks!
post #102 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolardito View Post
I did that with my UE11 impressions and I got a perfect fit first time. I might end up going with Starkey for the IE8. I would really appreciate if someone who is on the process can post a review as soon as it gets them.
I took the Starkey route and will have to wait about 2 weeks for it. (living outside the States FYI).
post #103 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoyu34 View Post
bossnass15 was asking me if I loss seal if I open my month wide open. aparently, it doesn't. There is close to no movement of IEM & no sign of leakage at all.

Can you try opening your mouth with IEM in and report back, Thanks!
Lovely.
Hopefully my Starkey's mold turn up be to like yours.
post #104 of 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoyu34 View Post
bossnass15 was asking me if I loss seal if I open my month wide open. aparently, it doesn't. There is close to no movement of IEM & no sign of leakage at all.

Can you try opening your mouth with IEM in and report back, Thanks!
No seal loss for me when opening my mouth.. actually is the only phone I can laugh or even eat without losing the seal.
post #105 of 368
Thread Starter 
Interesting. I usually try not to move with any IEM. so I've never realised.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8