Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Bought Ibasso D10, no manual? how to use DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bought Ibasso D10, no manual? how to use DAC

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I am a total newbee, some time back i though of buying a good headset (HD600 as recommonded here) and then an portable DAC/AMP (Ibasso D10 Cobra recommonded)

So now I have both, connecting it to computer (MAC-AIR) or PSP 2000, I have burn headphone for over 300 hours and D10 for 40 hours straight....

D 10 come with no manual and it seems its not available for download on there site also...

Question is I coudn't find how to enable or disable DAC on this, I assume rotating nob provided is for AMP function?

And do I need to use the omps provided? i donno how to use them though
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by heda_p View Post
I am a total newbee, some time back i though of buying a good headset (HD600 as recommonded here) and then an portable DAC/AMP (Ibasso D10 Cobra recommonded)

So now I have both, connecting it to computer (MAC-AIR) or PSP 2000, I have burn headphone for over 300 hours and D10 for 40 hours straight....

D 10 come with no manual and it seems its not available for download on there site also...

Question is I coudn't find how to enable or disable DAC on this, I assume rotating nob provided is for AMP function?

And do I need to use the omps provided? i donno how to use them though
Well, when its turned on, connected to your computer via USB, it acts as both a DAC and AMP. There is nothing to enable or disable so to speak.
post #3 of 9
Don't bother with the opamps until you gain experience.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post
Well, when its turned on, connected to your computer via USB, it acts as both a DAC and AMP. There is nothing to enable or disable so to speak.
How about connecting to computer via audio in port or connecting to PSP? I read somewhere that you can enable or disable DAC functionality?

is it better to use usb port when connect to computer rather than audio in?
post #5 of 9
The D10 has 4 inputs.

On the rear there is optical, coaxial and usb. These 3 are all inputs to the dac. On the front you have 2 connections. The one to the left is the headphone out and the one to the right is a dual purpose plug that can either provide a line out signal from the dac to feed another amp or it can be a line input to the amp from something like an iPod with a lod. When you turn the amp on (twist the volume knob) the amp will auto detect what inputs are connected and set it self up accordingly. The priority (I think) is usb, coax, optical and line in. On the output side connecting something to the headphone out will disable the line out so you canonly get signal out from either headphone or line, not both at the same time.

To connect to a computer you will normally connect a usb cable or with several mac computers you have optical out also which seems to be marginally better than usb. One of these 2 will be preferable to using the headphone out of the computer.

To connect the psp I would assume that it only has a headphone out so you would connect that with a mini-mini cable the line in on the front of the amp.
post #6 of 9
I know this isn't my thread but thank you so much, the manual was no help!

This thread definitely shaved hours off my tinkering around time and let me get directly to the bliss.
post #7 of 9
PSP has optical output, so use that. as does a mac air
post #8 of 9
Didn't think the Air had optical
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
PSP has optical output, so use that. as does a mac air
You mean MacBook Air?
In that case you are wrongly informed, cause unlike the MacBook and MacBook Pro it does not have optical S/PDIF output (or input).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Bought Ibasso D10, no manual? how to use DAC