Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 11/29/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 123
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
But you have both. What do you think that Taboo does better? More power, I guess?
in some specific genre or recording, Taboo 3+new Lucid mode is hard to beat.
but under normal circumstances I will vote for CS300,
CS300 is more airy, smoother and more lively sound, but Taboo 3 got better bass, CS300 is a little boomy compared to Taboo.
if $$$ is not an issue, I will keep both.
Edited by mmlogic - 8/3/13 at 8:50am
That is true for amp like Leben, Cary , and McIntosh (mass produced). The headphone amp section on those amps are not stand alone amp per say, they just take signal from the speaker section and go through a set of resistors and adjusted to drive headphones. Glenn (the amp maker) told me this trick a few years back. I have a repairman replaced my McIntosh MA6900's headphone section resistors with lower value, which increased the damping factor and drive. This made the amp more lively and emotionally connected. Of course, for now MA6900 drives my LCD-2 louder, and has more headroom.
Edited by Seamaster - 8/2/13 at 9:54pm
Change the input tubes to some with less gain will make it (more) quiet or even completely silent. Then, if I experience too little headroom / not enough power, then I change the resistors to lower value, which will provide more power and damping too. This looks promising.
I was a little afraid that I was between the chairs with this amp (using headphone output), but now I can see that with these options, I can make this work.
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 46 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 51 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2