Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
- Headphone Impedance
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
in some specific genre or recording, Taboo 3+new Lucid mode is hard to beat.
but under normal circumstances I will vote for CS300,
CS300 is more airy, smoother and more lively sound, but Taboo 3 got better bass, CS300 is a little boomy compared to Taboo.
if $$$ is not an issue, I will keep both.
Edited by mmlogic - 8/3/13 at 8:50am
That is true for amp like Leben, Cary , and McIntosh (mass produced). The headphone amp section on those amps are not stand alone amp per say, they just take signal from the speaker section and go through a set of resistors and adjusted to drive headphones. Glenn (the amp maker) told me this trick a few years back. I have a repairman replaced my McIntosh MA6900's headphone section resistors with lower value, which increased the damping factor and drive. This made the amp more lively and emotionally connected. Of course, for now MA6900 drives my LCD-2 louder, and has more headroom.
Edited by Seamaster - 8/2/13 at 9:54pm
Change the input tubes to some with less gain will make it (more) quiet or even completely silent. Then, if I experience too little headroom / not enough power, then I change the resistors to lower value, which will provide more power and damping too. This looks promising.
I was a little afraid that I was between the chairs with this amp (using headphone output), but now I can see that with these options, I can make this work.
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
- › Chord Hugo 20 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 9 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)