Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 7/2/14 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
- Headphone Impedance
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
in some specific genre or recording, Taboo 3+new Lucid mode is hard to beat.
but under normal circumstances I will vote for CS300,
CS300 is more airy, smoother and more lively sound, but Taboo 3 got better bass, CS300 is a little boomy compared to Taboo.
if $$$ is not an issue, I will keep both.
Edited by mmlogic - 8/3/13 at 8:50am
That is true for amp like Leben, Cary , and McIntosh (mass produced). The headphone amp section on those amps are not stand alone amp per say, they just take signal from the speaker section and go through a set of resistors and adjusted to drive headphones. Glenn (the amp maker) told me this trick a few years back. I have a repairman replaced my McIntosh MA6900's headphone section resistors with lower value, which increased the damping factor and drive. This made the amp more lively and emotionally connected. Of course, for now MA6900 drives my LCD-2 louder, and has more headroom.
Edited by Seamaster - 8/2/13 at 9:54pm
Change the input tubes to some with less gain will make it (more) quiet or even completely silent. Then, if I experience too little headroom / not enough power, then I change the resistors to lower value, which will provide more power and damping too. This looks promising.
I was a little afraid that I was between the chairs with this amp (using headphone output), but now I can see that with these options, I can make this work.
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 29 seconds ago
- › Led Zeppelin 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Filtering for sale forums by country item will ship to 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 4 minutes ago
- › Mini reviews of headphones i auditioned 5 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 6 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)