UK dealer is charging £2.7k for it. Even with pricejapan, I am guessing with import tax & duty probably ends up aruond £2.1 - 2.2k. Add a big transformer probably ends up around £2.3k...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 7/2/14 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
- Headphone Impedance
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can you get the 120V version from Japan for 2.1K though ? The custom iron says a lot about this amp and the company IMO...thanks Sky.
I looked into Transformers for the UK. They are around £46 for a standard and £163 with a built-in conditioning balanced power supply. I never did get a reply to the email I sent Leben in June.
Edited by MrQ - 7/23/10 at 5:24pm
MrQ - I seen that too but I am thinking more in line of 1kw or above just in case! I used one (to step up) on an integrated amp many years ago and seems ok.
Skylab - Do you think xhadow RCA plug will fit into leben's RCA hole?
Edited by SleepyOne - 7/23/10 at 5:47pm
The Leben CS300X has been a very effective inoculation to upgraditis for me. I occasionally have thoughts of going balanced (again), but I then remember that I already sold off one balanced rig in favor of a CS300. I have sold off a small army of amps as they just got no use with the Leben present. I am keeping a Luxman P-1 as a solid state representative, and I do like it a lot, butI could get rid of it and not really notice. On the other hand, there is the CS600...
Glad I could help, but it seems you did find an excellent deal. A no-brainer of a decision to me!
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
- › Review and Comparison of the $200 Open-Back Underdogs: The AKG K612... 56 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › DT990 250ohm PRO Spare Parts 4 minutes ago
- › Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC? 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)