UK dealer is charging £2.7k for it. Even with pricejapan, I am guessing with import tax & duty probably ends up aruond £2.1 - 2.2k. Add a big transformer probably ends up around £2.3k...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 8/17/14 at 7:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Headphone Impedance
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can you get the 120V version from Japan for 2.1K though ? The custom iron says a lot about this amp and the company IMO...thanks Sky.
I looked into Transformers for the UK. They are around £46 for a standard and £163 with a built-in conditioning balanced power supply. I never did get a reply to the email I sent Leben in June.
Edited by MrQ - 7/23/10 at 5:24pm
MrQ - I seen that too but I am thinking more in line of 1kw or above just in case! I used one (to step up) on an integrated amp many years ago and seems ok.
Skylab - Do you think xhadow RCA plug will fit into leben's RCA hole?
Edited by SleepyOne - 7/23/10 at 5:47pm
The Leben CS300X has been a very effective inoculation to upgraditis for me. I occasionally have thoughts of going balanced (again), but I then remember that I already sold off one balanced rig in favor of a CS300. I have sold off a small army of amps as they just got no use with the Leben present. I am keeping a Luxman P-1 as a solid state representative, and I do like it a lot, butI could get rid of it and not really notice. On the other hand, there is the CS600...
Glad I could help, but it seems you did find an excellent deal. A no-brainer of a decision to me!
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Blu-ray Pure Audio vs. CD (Loudness war) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Just received my Denon DA300USB desktop DAC/amp 4 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 4 minutes ago
- › New to headphones: Help needed 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)