UK dealer is charging £2.7k for it. Even with pricejapan, I am guessing with import tax & duty probably ends up aruond £2.1 - 2.2k. Add a big transformer probably ends up around £2.3k...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 9/19/16 at 6:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 12post #166 of 22337/23/10 at 5:09pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #167 of 22337/23/10 at 5:13pmpost #168 of 22337/23/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Can you get the 120V version from Japan for 2.1K though ? The custom iron says a lot about this amp and the company IMO...thanks Sky.
Peete.post #169 of 22337/23/10 at 5:23pmpost #170 of 22337/23/10 at 5:23pm
I looked into Transformers for the UK. They are around £46 for a standard and £163 with a built-in conditioning balanced power supply. I never did get a reply to the email I sent Leben in June.
Edited by MrQ - 7/23/10 at 5:24pmpost #171 of 22337/23/10 at 5:40pm
MrQ - I seen that too but I am thinking more in line of 1kw or above just in case! I used one (to step up) on an integrated amp many years ago and seems ok.
Skylab - Do you think xhadow RCA plug will fit into leben's RCA hole?
Edited by SleepyOne - 7/23/10 at 5:47pmpost #172 of 22337/23/10 at 5:49pmpost #173 of 22337/23/10 at 5:58pmpost #174 of 22337/26/10 at 12:20pmpost #175 of 22337/26/10 at 12:23pmpost #176 of 22337/26/10 at 12:37pmpost #177 of 22337/26/10 at 12:51pmpost #178 of 22337/26/10 at 1:36pmpost #179 of 22337/27/10 at 3:45pmThread StarterQuote:
The Leben CS300X has been a very effective inoculation to upgraditis for me. I occasionally have thoughts of going balanced (again), but I then remember that I already sold off one balanced rig in favor of a CS300. I have sold off a small army of amps as they just got no use with the Leben present. I am keeping a Luxman P-1 as a solid state representative, and I do like it a lot, butI could get rid of it and not really notice. On the other hand, there is the CS600...post #180 of 22337/27/10 at 3:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Glad I could help, but it seems you did find an excellent deal. A no-brainer of a decision to me!
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 28 seconds ago
- › New day. Too many choices! 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › OUT NOW: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C, MINI-DAC/AMP... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear