- 392 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: At the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 9/19/16 at 6:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 97post #1441 of 22381/22/13 at 8:38amThanks Morbid. Please let me know when you are ready!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 22381/22/13 at 11:33am
For the past 2-3 years i have been looking for my Unicorn. It's really hard to find the right 220V version of the 300XS, But i've found it. I can't wait to go back to Beijing to hear the sound of the Leben for the first time.
As Skylab recommends me i will be looking for some Sylvania 6BQ5 black plates and some Raytheon 5751 Windmill getter.
The seller have provided me with his NOS but slightly used Mullard EL84, Vavlo EL84 and RFT EL84 1960's (add another $500) and the Stock Sovtek tube.
Can anyone identify which Mullards are these and which Valvo is that (is it worthed the optional $500 ?). How do they sound?
Awaiting me at home.
Edited by keph - 1/22/13 at 11:52ampost #1443 of 22381/22/13 at 6:23pmpost #1444 of 22381/22/13 at 9:24pm
My dealer mentioned 'a year or 2' when I asked about the trade in. I don't think he realizes the way I work yet.
First things first though. New TT, cart and stage.post #1445 of 22381/26/13 at 10:39am
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this??
Have been offered a good deal on a CS300 rather than the CS300xs.... am planning on running it with my LCD2's....
what are the differences? will I notice the difference ?
Thankspost #1446 of 22381/26/13 at 11:30amI had one of each for a while. I found the differences very subtle, and the tube choice had more impact than the difference between the two units. I sold the XS and kept the CS300.post #1447 of 22381/26/13 at 11:51ampost #1448 of 22382/9/13 at 2:41ampost #1449 of 22382/10/13 at 3:30pm
WHAT ARE THE BEST TUBES FOR A LEBEN CS300
I retired last spring. We are moving from a 4000 sq ft townhouse in Upstate NY to an NYC apartment that will have probably 25% of the space. Everything has to be slimmed down. But IN NYC I can hear live music every night.
I have been as much of an audiophile as I could afford since I was in high school, when I built an 6L6 amp (pre-stereo) with which I drove a speaker that I took out of a pre-ww II Zenith floor-model radio (got a power transformer and a lot of other parts out of that old Zenith as well). It was ugly, on a recycled military surplus chassis, but it sounded great to me at the time.
I have been through a lot of gear. I now have my last system. The CS300 fills my needs perfectly: it is small, drives my Rosinante Signature IIs and my HD800, and it sounds good enough that I can forget the equipment and hear the music.
The rule I have too often failed to follow: Buy good enough equipment that you can forget it and forget it.
I have a hodge-podge of tubes, and I will use them in the apocalytpic day when the tubes run out (I plan to live a long time), but I want to start with a set of the best tubes I can find. What are you using? What have you heard? What should I avoid.post #1450 of 22382/11/13 at 5:51am
The CS300 has actually sounded good to me with pretty much every set of tubes I have used with it, but then again, I have used fairly good tubes ;)
I have settled on Sylvania black plate 6BQ5 and Raytheon Windmill getter 5751's, but the Leben sounded great with the much less expensive GE grey plate 6BQ5 and GE 5-star 5751.post #1451 of 22382/16/13 at 11:25ampost #1452 of 22382/16/13 at 1:19pm
I have been enjoying my Leben 300XS for a year or so. I am using some HD650's and some K1000 for very satisfying results. In a few months I will be moving to a new home where I can finally play music using speakers. My present living situation did not allow this and so my focus has been headphone listening.
In anticipation of this move I purchased a pair of efficient(93db), single driver, Omega speakers. I have one troubling thought however. I have a Japanese 100v version with the required external stepdown transformer (300watts) for the US. While I am sure that the stepdown unit has not limited the sonics for my headphone listening I wonder if any of you have used a similar setup for regular speaker listening? Do you think that the stepup transformer will be able to keep up with the demands of driving regular speakers?
Paulpost #1453 of 22382/16/13 at 2:12pmpost #1454 of 22382/16/13 at 9:41pmpost #1455 of 22382/16/13 at 10:47pm
Thanks Rob...You made me purchase one...It's AMAZINGQuote:
Hahaha Sorry MT my dad knows Mr, Hyodo so i get it faster than you do..Just wait a few more days and you will get yours. Me too i want a Harbeth now because of you..
damm you people making me poor
But i like it..
Ps. Im joking about my dad hehe..
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 6 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 7 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 10 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 11 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 11 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 12 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear