- 335 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Steeler country
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
- Headphone Impedance
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For the past 2-3 years i have been looking for my Unicorn. It's really hard to find the right 220V version of the 300XS, But i've found it. I can't wait to go back to Beijing to hear the sound of the Leben for the first time.
As Skylab recommends me i will be looking for some Sylvania 6BQ5 black plates and some Raytheon 5751 Windmill getter.
The seller have provided me with his NOS but slightly used Mullard EL84, Vavlo EL84 and RFT EL84 1960's (add another $500) and the Stock Sovtek tube.
Can anyone identify which Mullards are these and which Valvo is that (is it worthed the optional $500 ?). How do they sound?
Awaiting me at home.
Edited by keph - 1/22/13 at 11:52am
My dealer mentioned 'a year or 2' when I asked about the trade in. I don't think he realizes the way I work yet.
First things first though. New TT, cart and stage.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this??
Have been offered a good deal on a CS300 rather than the CS300xs.... am planning on running it with my LCD2's....
what are the differences? will I notice the difference ?
WHAT ARE THE BEST TUBES FOR A LEBEN CS300
I retired last spring. We are moving from a 4000 sq ft townhouse in Upstate NY to an NYC apartment that will have probably 25% of the space. Everything has to be slimmed down. But IN NYC I can hear live music every night.
I have been as much of an audiophile as I could afford since I was in high school, when I built an 6L6 amp (pre-stereo) with which I drove a speaker that I took out of a pre-ww II Zenith floor-model radio (got a power transformer and a lot of other parts out of that old Zenith as well). It was ugly, on a recycled military surplus chassis, but it sounded great to me at the time.
I have been through a lot of gear. I now have my last system. The CS300 fills my needs perfectly: it is small, drives my Rosinante Signature IIs and my HD800, and it sounds good enough that I can forget the equipment and hear the music.
The rule I have too often failed to follow: Buy good enough equipment that you can forget it and forget it.
I have a hodge-podge of tubes, and I will use them in the apocalytpic day when the tubes run out (I plan to live a long time), but I want to start with a set of the best tubes I can find. What are you using? What have you heard? What should I avoid.
The CS300 has actually sounded good to me with pretty much every set of tubes I have used with it, but then again, I have used fairly good tubes ;)
I have settled on Sylvania black plate 6BQ5 and Raytheon Windmill getter 5751's, but the Leben sounded great with the much less expensive GE grey plate 6BQ5 and GE 5-star 5751.
I have been enjoying my Leben 300XS for a year or so. I am using some HD650's and some K1000 for very satisfying results. In a few months I will be moving to a new home where I can finally play music using speakers. My present living situation did not allow this and so my focus has been headphone listening.
In anticipation of this move I purchased a pair of efficient(93db), single driver, Omega speakers. I have one troubling thought however. I have a Japanese 100v version with the required external stepdown transformer (300watts) for the US. While I am sure that the stepdown unit has not limited the sonics for my headphone listening I wonder if any of you have used a similar setup for regular speaker listening? Do you think that the stepup transformer will be able to keep up with the demands of driving regular speakers?
Thanks Rob...You made me purchase one...It's AMAZING
Hahaha Sorry MT my dad knows Mr, Hyodo so i get it faster than you do..Just wait a few more days and you will get yours. Me too i want a Harbeth now because of you..
damm you people making me poor
But i like it..
Ps. Im joking about my dad hehe..
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 second ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 30 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Quality of Vsonic IEMS 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-GD NFB-6 Balanced Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-a1000 vs Ad700 and HD558 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob