The Leben CS300X is astounding with the Audez'e LCD-2 - I know that is at least one of Alan's combinations.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 9/19/16 at 6:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 8post #106 of 22346/22/10 at 5:35am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 22346/22/10 at 1:08pmpost #108 of 22346/22/10 at 5:46pm
Within Japan only have CS300 and CS600 version. Lowest so far I checked is 143800Yen.Quote:Originally Posted by arnesto
The price of the Leben CS300XS from the US importer is $3500.
I saw it on PriceJapan for $2400(being this version would need to use a convertor). Just wondering, if I bought it in Japan, how much would I pay for a new CS300XS.
What kind of mark up would I be paying to have it sent to me from Japan.
A question to MikeLA, which US store has these on display?post #109 of 22346/22/10 at 7:47pm
143800 Yen works out to about $1588 US dollars. The US importer wanted $3000 for the CS300. That's a 95% markup. Ouch!
I would like to get one of these but I just don't like the idea of paying a middle man that much to get one.post #110 of 22346/22/10 at 7:55pm
I think I am going to pick up a cs300xs just to see what all the fuss is about, and compare it to my balanced ref5/roc setup. Going to use it with the LCD-2s when I get em. May the best amp win.post #111 of 22346/22/10 at 8:20pmpost #112 of 22346/22/10 at 8:32pm
I love the control, and extension of that control running balanced, from using the Gilmore's...but the inner-dimensional separation and utter natural layering of the Leben...my Lord!
I have had more "out-of-head" and the resulting "out-of-body" experiences using the Leben..it has a wonderful intermediary synergy between the PS Audio PWT/PWD and the LCD-2.
I have a pair of 600's and they have had the dust blown off em' by the Leben!
It's stance, look and feel and most important...sound quality are a breed apart. I love the lil' darling!
I didn't buy it for headphones...I wanted to use them with my baby Harbeth's in a near-field area (for reading) and I haven't got that far yet....still setting next to the phones. SEE....I need the 600 for the Harbeth's!
Edited by achristilaw - 6/22/10 at 8:47pmpost #113 of 22346/23/10 at 6:38ampost #114 of 22346/28/10 at 9:33pm
Which Harbeth's ? What can 15w drive?
We don't have a speaker setup in the house (well not a real one) and the boss is on the verge of giving me the ok to replace one of the old TV's with a 2.0 setup - CS600 came to mindpost #115 of 22346/29/10 at 2:16am
I have a couple different Harbeths, C7's and the HL-P3ES-2's. The 300 will be used on the HLP3's in the near-field...don't need watts in bunches for near-field listening. Background levels for reading mostly, I like reading with Headphones but it isn't comfortable long term wearing glasses. I have the LFD integrated doing that duty now and it does quite well, but having the Leben in hand, I understand what all the fuss from the Audio Press has been about.
It still hasn't made it to the reading area...having way too much fun using as a Headphone amp! It's extraordinary in that regard! I constantly swap amps and jostle for one, two, three days at a time...but even when the Leben isn't in circuit...I need it close so my eye's can caress it (must be love)!
I have several Home Brew Horn's and Ed's Horn Shoppe Horn's, Klipsch LaScala etc...a whole bunch that an excellent 15 Watts can Muscle actually. They have a whole class of very sensitive Speakers out there that 15 Watts would feast on! Yeah, I have been a gear-head a long time.
post #116 of 22346/29/10 at 10:42ampost #117 of 22346/29/10 at 1:55pm
Sexy is as sexy does and from what I've seen of the Leben, it is one SEXY integrated amp. I think my wallet just kicked me. I can't wait to hear the CS300SX. There is a showroom with a Leben down the street from where I live. Well, actually, it's 10 blocks down the hill.post #118 of 22346/29/10 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Clayton SF
Sexy is as sexy does and from what I've seen of the Leben, it is one SEXY integrated amp. I think my wallet just kicked me. I can't wait to hear the CS300SX. There is a showroom with a Leben down the street from where I live. Well, actually, it's 10 blocks down the hill.
Yeah! Be there with roller-skates on! "While I was passing by...." Take your phones and some of your own Music!!
post #119 of 22346/29/10 at 8:45pmQuote:
Thanks! Excellent idea. XC Lent. I shall scoot down that hill with phones in hand, head, and arms with ears at the ready and a blast of Music to spin!
post #120 of 22346/30/10 at 12:26amQuote:
Just so you know...if the Leben isn't running, allow one hour fifteen to one hour twenty minutes warm-up. You can hammer after ten minutes, most tube amps need at least an hour to sync...the Leben needs a wee bit more!
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 with logitech z333 ? 21 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 42 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Power amp recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear