The Leben CS300X is astounding with the Audez'e LCD-2 - I know that is at least one of Alan's combinations.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Eddie Current Balancing Act vs Leben 300 or 300xs - pls share your experience Last post on 1/19/11 at 8:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 9/19/16 at 6:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22 Last post on 4/2/11 at 3:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tung-Sol 7236. UP FOR GRABS? Worth the BUY? WA3+ Owner. Last post on 2/26/14 at 2:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hum and other problems with "NOS" power tubes? Last post on 1/24/11 at 7:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
The Leben CS300XS Thread - Page 8post #106 of 22346/22/10 at 5:35am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 22346/22/10 at 1:08pmpost #108 of 22346/22/10 at 5:46pm
Within Japan only have CS300 and CS600 version. Lowest so far I checked is 143800Yen.Quote:Originally Posted by arnesto
The price of the Leben CS300XS from the US importer is $3500.
I saw it on PriceJapan for $2400(being this version would need to use a convertor). Just wondering, if I bought it in Japan, how much would I pay for a new CS300XS.
What kind of mark up would I be paying to have it sent to me from Japan.
A question to MikeLA, which US store has these on display?post #109 of 22346/22/10 at 7:47pm
143800 Yen works out to about $1588 US dollars. The US importer wanted $3000 for the CS300. That's a 95% markup. Ouch!
I would like to get one of these but I just don't like the idea of paying a middle man that much to get one.post #110 of 22346/22/10 at 7:55pm
I think I am going to pick up a cs300xs just to see what all the fuss is about, and compare it to my balanced ref5/roc setup. Going to use it with the LCD-2s when I get em. May the best amp win.post #111 of 22346/22/10 at 8:20pmpost #112 of 22346/22/10 at 8:32pm
I love the control, and extension of that control running balanced, from using the Gilmore's...but the inner-dimensional separation and utter natural layering of the Leben...my Lord!
I have had more "out-of-head" and the resulting "out-of-body" experiences using the Leben..it has a wonderful intermediary synergy between the PS Audio PWT/PWD and the LCD-2.
I have a pair of 600's and they have had the dust blown off em' by the Leben!
It's stance, look and feel and most important...sound quality are a breed apart. I love the lil' darling!
I didn't buy it for headphones...I wanted to use them with my baby Harbeth's in a near-field area (for reading) and I haven't got that far yet....still setting next to the phones. SEE....I need the 600 for the Harbeth's!
Edited by achristilaw - 6/22/10 at 8:47pmpost #113 of 22346/23/10 at 6:38ampost #114 of 22346/28/10 at 9:33pm
Which Harbeth's ? What can 15w drive?
We don't have a speaker setup in the house (well not a real one) and the boss is on the verge of giving me the ok to replace one of the old TV's with a 2.0 setup - CS600 came to mindpost #115 of 22346/29/10 at 2:16am
I have a couple different Harbeths, C7's and the HL-P3ES-2's. The 300 will be used on the HLP3's in the near-field...don't need watts in bunches for near-field listening. Background levels for reading mostly, I like reading with Headphones but it isn't comfortable long term wearing glasses. I have the LFD integrated doing that duty now and it does quite well, but having the Leben in hand, I understand what all the fuss from the Audio Press has been about.
It still hasn't made it to the reading area...having way too much fun using as a Headphone amp! It's extraordinary in that regard! I constantly swap amps and jostle for one, two, three days at a time...but even when the Leben isn't in circuit...I need it close so my eye's can caress it (must be love)!
I have several Home Brew Horn's and Ed's Horn Shoppe Horn's, Klipsch LaScala etc...a whole bunch that an excellent 15 Watts can Muscle actually. They have a whole class of very sensitive Speakers out there that 15 Watts would feast on! Yeah, I have been a gear-head a long time.
post #116 of 22346/29/10 at 10:42ampost #117 of 22346/29/10 at 1:55pm
Sexy is as sexy does and from what I've seen of the Leben, it is one SEXY integrated amp. I think my wallet just kicked me. I can't wait to hear the CS300SX. There is a showroom with a Leben down the street from where I live. Well, actually, it's 10 blocks down the hill.post #118 of 22346/29/10 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Clayton SF
Sexy is as sexy does and from what I've seen of the Leben, it is one SEXY integrated amp. I think my wallet just kicked me. I can't wait to hear the CS300SX. There is a showroom with a Leben down the street from where I live. Well, actually, it's 10 blocks down the hill.
Yeah! Be there with roller-skates on! "While I was passing by...." Take your phones and some of your own Music!!
post #119 of 22346/29/10 at 8:45pmQuote:
Thanks! Excellent idea. XC Lent. I shall scoot down that hill with phones in hand, head, and arms with ears at the ready and a blast of Music to spin!
post #120 of 22346/30/10 at 12:26amQuote:
Just so you know...if the Leben isn't running, allow one hour fifteen to one hour twenty minutes warm-up. You can hammer after ten minutes, most tube amps need at least an hour to sync...the Leben needs a wee bit more!
- The Leben CS300XS Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 3 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 1 minute ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 7 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear