Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing... - Page 2

post #16 of 297
Since this SP issue has really stir the community in the head-fi. Is it possible to have the moderators or community members here to:

1)Investigate the issue and whether to give an official warning to readers
2)Remove any reviews regarding this SP product not to mislead readers for their best interest or add-on warning statement for their customer service issue.

Example: 6moons audio reviews: SinglePower MPX3
Alert: It has since come to our attention that SinglePower and its proprietor have a poor track record for taking people's money without delivering in a timely manner or at all. This link to HeadFi details some of the evidence.

I like to read review of amp in this forum. I almost want to order from SP instead I am lucky to read about the complains from the brothers here not to become a new victim or involve to such troublesome case. Either this is real or fake, people like us just want to enjoy music instead of get ourselve into trouble.

Hope the official here will come out to clarify the issue or confusion, would really appreciate much for such effort.
post #17 of 297
I actually think he "win" some of our money (those who have paid already), but loose respect at the same time.
Clearly this is fraud, and if not done already you should certainly file a case at the police!

Note to self -> Never deal with Singlepower Audio ! ! !
post #18 of 297
Yeah a bunch of people should go find him and demand their money back. And you should contact the police...you paid him $5700 and you have proof of that, and he never gave you anything in return - that's fraud, plain and simple. He should be in jail.
post #19 of 297

Already Done That...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztsen View Post
Since this SP issue has really stir the community in the head-fi. Is it possible to have the moderators or community members here to:

1)Investigate the issue and whether to give an official warning to readers
2)Remove any reviews regarding this SP product not to mislead readers for their best interest or add-on warning statement for their customer service issue.

Example: 6moons audio reviews: SinglePower MPX3
Alert: It has since come to our attention that SinglePower and its proprietor have a poor track record for taking people's money without delivering in a timely manner or at all. This link to HeadFi details some of the evidence.

I like to read review of amp in this forum. I almost want to order from SP instead I am lucky to read about the complains from the brothers here not to become a new victim or involve to such troublesome case. Either this is real or fake, people like us just want to enjoy music instead of get ourselve into trouble.

Hope the official here will come out to clarify the issue or confusion, would really appreciate much for such effort.
The moderators have already issued a warning... but... its a bit tepid.

They really should ban SP and Mikhail... and... maybe sponsor a class action suit... but... that could be to no avail... if they have no assets to access - which I doubt they do. They're pretty much just a "store front." Though... you might be able to "pierce the corporate veil" to access the family's assets - so long as they don't renew / reinstate their license.
post #20 of 297
It's sad to see this happen, especially considering that many considered his amps to be among the best. Guess sound quality isn't all, at the end of the day, if support is severely lacking. But the situation is so ridicolous I'm asking myself...is this guy alive? Maybe some health problems? Has someone seen him somewhere recently? Does he rely on someone else on his business or is he completely alone (other said, if u can't get in touch with him you're screwed).
Not trying to support him...I don't know him and never dealt with him (and seeing this stuff I can say thx God I never did), just wondering...
post #21 of 297
Thread Starter 
Ztsen, I assure you this is real.

I appreciate all the "you're much nicer than me" comments, but if you read the replies I made yesterday and today in the "Where is Mikhail" thread, there really isn't much that can be done without spending considerably more money.
post #22 of 297
Holy cow. You paid $5700 back in 2007? I assume this was not paid with a credit card?

If not, how was it paid? Through the mail? If so, that is mail fraud and it is actually a Federal offense.

Unbelievable. What state is he in? Time to get a private investigator involved, do an asset search, etc.

I doubt Single Power is actually incorporated, but if they are, you can find out all the info from the states secretary of state on who to serve with a summons and complaint. I don't think it would cost as much as you think.
post #23 of 297
I hope you didn't lose too much money on the lawyer, adding insult to the 5700$ injury.
post #24 of 297
I was once proud to have met Mikhail and listened to a high-end SP amp. This issue is sickening. I hope people get their money back but that looks nearly impossible...unless you "know people"...if you know what I mean.
post #25 of 297
OMG 5700$ that is terrible! I can┬Ęt imagine how much irritation and frustration for you to "let it go".
post #26 of 297
Somebody should do something, because comments on a forum aren't going to hurt the perpetrator at all. He should be banned, the sale of his products should be banned and any reviews should be wiped off the internet. I suggest a face to face meeting - you've lost 5700$, get a little satisfaction at least. I also suggest a few helpful head-fiers in the region could make it over with you to his place.

This is terrible for such a reputed, respected forum IMO. I know for certain that if someone ran away with so much cash in India, forget getting the police on him, I'd get the underworld mafia onto him. That way I get my cash back and get to see a few broken bones as well. But then, that's just vindictive old me.
post #27 of 297
Maybe someone could make a web page that served as a warning to potential customers, with enough links it should rank quite high with google I would think (maybe under the single power web page). It's 2009 and I think this would hurt their business and help protect others from fraud.

single-power-audio-sucks.com
single-power-audio-fraud.com
single-power-audio-warning.com
post #28 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Holy cow. You paid $5700 back in 2007? I assume this was not paid with a credit card?

If not, how was it paid? Through the mail? If so, that is mail fraud and it is actually a Federal offense.

Unbelievable. What state is he in? Time to get a private investigator involved, do an asset search, etc.

I doubt Single Power is actually incorporated, but if they are, you can find out all the info from the states secretary of state on who to serve with a summons and complaint. I don't think it would cost as much as you think.
he's in Colorado from the best of my memory, either south Denver or Colo Sprgs (in terms of personal address/etc)

honestly though, if he's blowing off the attorney, he's probably beyond caring what happens, this has been going for nearly two years, and he's done nothing about it, so I legitimately doubt adding mail fraud and getting local law enforcement involved would do anything, aside from take up more time, frustrate the OP more, and probably not get him a nickel closer to his $5700 investment

what really makes no sense is how mikhail/SP went from being such a proper member of the community, even sponsoring a meet, to being a total pain in the ass

if the guy legitimately died between 2007 and today, you'd still've gotten some sort of response (because unless he had the absolute worst recordkeeping system known to man, some executor would've contacted you regarding the refund), so yeah, basically guy's a dick
post #29 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
I hope people get their money back but that looks nearly impossible...unless you "know people"...if you know what I mean.
No,
I have no clue what you mean.

In fact the whole issue and how SP have been treated with kid gloves on HF has me rather baffled as well.

It's all a very sorry episode.
post #30 of 297
You cant even feel sorry for the guy either. Mikhail has shown up at meets since the problem started and nobody has killed him.
If he was having genuine problems with money, youd think he would have stopped collecting orders and payments and apologized to those affected and made payments to fix the problem, or sent amps or something.

I say tar and feather him at the National Meet, post the episode on YouTube, and put the video on the Head-Fi front page.
In one of the past threads about this, i think its a sticky, someone said they knew where he lived. If it was my $5700, id go there and wont say what id do, but when i finished, id be going home with a few amps and no possible way of getting customer service....ever!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...