Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › pa2v2 or cmoy or mini3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

pa2v2 or cmoy or mini3 - Page 2

post #16 of 29
id say mini3 in that price if you could bump up your limit to about 160 you could get a nice corda headsix.
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cck5 View Post
id say mini3 in that price if you could bump up your limit to about 160 you could get a nice corda headsix.
i haven't looked into that. where can i get some info?
post #18 of 29
Not to hijack, but what's the place to get Mini3 kits? Glass Jar?
post #19 of 29
The JDS labs Cmoy is terrific!
post #20 of 29
Anyone care to elaborate on why the mini3 would be the better choice?

To me it seems like it's mainly because the mini3 is more widely distributed. How many of you here that recommends the mini3 have actually listened to a pa2v2?
I have no experience with either, and are thus genuinely interested in some informed opinions about them.
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpidglitch View Post
Anyone care to elaborate on why the mini3 would be the better choice?

To me it seems like it's mainly because the mini3 is more widely distributed. How many of you here that recommends the mini3 have actually listened to a pa2v2?
I have no experience with either, and are thus genuinely interested in some informed opinions about them.
ditto ^_^
post #22 of 29
I have mini^3,PA2V2,and 7 different Cmoy versions.For clarity and power choose the Mini^3. It's definitely a class up from the others. For the best value choose the PA2Va2.Its does almost all of Mini^3 strengths and battery length is outstanding.
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmorio View Post
I have mini^3,PA2V2,and 7 different Cmoy versions.For clarity and power choose the Mini^3. It's definitely a class up from the others. For the best value choose the PA2Va2.Its does almost all of Mini^3 strengths and battery length is outstanding.
Would you say that if you were to use it with sensitive low Z headphones/IEMs, like Grado mentioned by Kees, the differences would be more evened out?
post #24 of 29
im enjoying this thread, anymore opinions??????
post #25 of 29
PA2v2 + KSC-75 is my budget combo that I take with me when I might get messy or trip and fall (lol). They work well together for me.
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by onezerosix141 View Post
i haven't looked into that. where can i get some info?
Google Meier Audio. The owner has a great rep around here and produces amps for a variety of needs and budgets. I'm contemplating making a purchase of a Move or XXS myself.
post #27 of 29

Hello all, am necro-ing an old thread to seek some answers on the same topic:

For use with DT 880 (250Ω) and HD 25-1 II, would the PA2V2 or CMoy (specifically, the CMoy BB) be a better "for fun" amp?

post #28 of 29

Nevermind, decided to go with PA2V2 due to builder's excellent service.

post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post

Hard to go wrong with the Mini^3 for $100 (more for fancy end plates). I built one of each (power and extended runtime) to see which I liked for use on my Motorcycle.

 

 

Which did you like better?? I just bought some AX60s for riding and would like an amp to power them and have been looking into building the power one

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › pa2v2 or cmoy or mini3