How much was it? Heck, for the $150 I spent, I could get 5 PortaPros... They are priced at $30 at bestbuy.com. Glad you tried them, that's too bad they didn't fit... Perhaps the Radius DDM would fit better? It is also a dual dynamic earphone.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productKoss KDE250 Dual Element Stereophone (Black/Silver)tagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- [SUGGEST] KOSS headphones for home music listening Last post on 5/11/13 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anybody dealt with old Koss R200? Looking for a modern replacement. Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help opening up Realistic PRO-60 Last post on 8/19/14 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Koss KDE/250 - Page 3post #31 of 478/17/10 at 6:30ampost #32 of 478/20/10 at 6:36pm
It was $140 + shipping. Could've bought like 5 Porta Pros as you mentioned, but I wanted to try these babies so badly I couldn't help ordering them! :-)
Maybe the Radius DDM would fit better, but I am not much into the in-ear designs. I am still looking for the perfect earbud... I love my Porta Pros though. They are comfy and great sounding.post #33 of 478/21/10 at 7:30am
Good luck with your search for that earbud, but why do you dislike in ear earphones? (IEMs as we call them)
You can get comfort from Klipsch, isolation from Etymotic, or even hear-through (open, like the PortaPro) from the JVC FX500.post #34 of 478/21/10 at 8:03am
IEM's definitely are not for everyone. One of my favorite headphones/earphones ever was my Klipsch X10, but I ended up having to get away from IEM's. One of my ears produces a bit more wax than the other and contstantly shoving the nozzle in there just compacted it. I had to start getting my ears professionally cleaned once a year.
That was what made me start getting into good quality earbuds.
Definitely looking forward to the upcoming review on these Koss buds. I still hope that someone will take a picture of these on their head. I would like to see exactly how they fit with those metal hooks.post #35 of 478/21/10 at 5:17pmpost #36 of 478/21/10 at 5:35pm
Yes, I'm looking for a few different opinions on them also. Those hooks don't look like they do much for stability. When you bend forward say to tie a shoe or something, do they slip off?post #37 of 478/21/10 at 5:48pm
^No, never... My anti-helix is actually what holds them in (it is quite large) I don't actually need to use the clips, they stay in that well for me. I have also jogged ~2mi without them falling out using the medium sized earclips.
I can however dislodge them with a grin or a yawn... shrugging my ears, otherwise, they stay in.post #38 of 478/23/10 at 12:52pmpost #39 of 478/23/10 at 1:18pm
^No, the speakers inside are driven in a parallel circuit with no crossover. Very efficient, louder at lower volume levels than many of the IEMs I have heard (louder actually than the Mc5 at the same volume setting) Enhanced treble and bass make listening at low volumes pleasant, something I can't really do with my Etymotic, as on volume 1 they are barely audible.
A good source goes a long way, and with my S9 I definitely can say I don't need a headphone amplifier. My Fiio E5 can increase the volume a bit and boost the bass, but since the Cowon goes incredibly loud and has one of the best EQs I've used my Fiio rarely gets use.post #40 of 478/23/10 at 1:53pmpost #41 of 4711/5/10 at 2:31am
I'm looking at this new koss 250 since I can't buy anymore the KSC35 here in Europe.
I still have a pair of KSC35 but I'd like to have something new to use while exercising at the gym.
I can do almost anything with my KSC35. Also be upside-down. Can the 250 be weared while at the gym?
Can I "shake" my head without losing them?
Can I run with them?
I'd like to have from you owners some "functionality" report since as far as I can read this KDE250 sound pretty good.
(Please forgive me for my bad english)post #42 of 4711/5/10 at 8:55ampost #43 of 4711/5/10 at 10:32amQuote:
I wonder if the KSC 75 are heavier then the 35.
I like the 35 for the lightness. I'd like to try something else but I'm scared about what you said ("are tricky to fit"). Why do you think so?
After you fit them can you do some training like running, shake head, leaning forward or by a side and so on, without drop it?
I wonder if the 250 it is light. I can't find in Koss web site the weight of the KSC-35 and KDE-250.post #44 of 4711/6/10 at 1:50amQuote:
Because of this Amazon review and others I've read. I was interested in these phones myself, but ultimately decided to stay away.
As for the weight of the KSC-75, a quick Google search brought up 44g vs. 40g for the KSC-35.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss KDE/250
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 25 seconds ago
- › $2-300 Double Duty DJ/Listening Cans? 1 minute ago
- › Anyone have an opinion of the AKG Y20/U, recommendations for... 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD668B Headphone Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware. 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...