- 1,395 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Peoria, AZ
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anybody dealt with old Koss R200? Looking for a modern replacement. Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 1/27/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help opening up Realistic PRO-60 Last post on 11/21/12 at 12:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Did I get in over-my-head? Last post on 10/1/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
Koss KDE/250 - Page 2post #16 of 457/1/09 at 2:38pmHow well do they isolate - or at all even?post #17 of 457/13/09 at 5:39ampost #18 of 458/28/09 at 1:30pmThey do fit like buds, only rubberized, and they slip in sideways. As for isolation, they seem to perform slightly better than standard ear buds at this. Fit wise, they fit much better than buds, especially if you have a larger ear.post #19 of 459/8/09 at 11:03pmpost #20 of 4510/3/09 at 6:46pmpost #21 of 4511/7/09 at 5:11ampost #22 of 4511/7/09 at 9:31pmI bought these after losing my Koss Portapros, there where a few months in between in which I shopped for headphones. If memory serves, they sound better than the Portapros overall, with slightly less bass, but deeper, and more crystal clear treble. they do however lack the Portapros 'Open' effect. The KDE250 also cannot be listened to from your neck.post #23 of 4511/14/09 at 1:09am
Photos - Koss KDE/250 - Canon Powershot 12.1 MegapixelI did some casual photography, much higher resolution than previous pictures (4000x3000, compared to 640x480) Most views should be covered, though some aren't the greatest (as I said, Casual) I figured Google images didn't have enough real world shots... too many product renders and stock photos. Any questions or requests welcome.
Here is the link:
Picasa Web Albums - wall - Koss Dual Ele...post #24 of 4511/14/09 at 1:44pmpost #25 of 4511/17/09 at 8:17pm
Waring The Koss KDE 250's - In Ear PicsHere are some pictures I took, and had taken of this headphone in the ear, and as you can see, the clip goes over the top of your ear like glasses, not behind like some front firing earphones. The headphone can also be tilted up and down, no sound difference, but comfort may increase, also, you may not be able to see it well, but the headphones bend around a hinge under the KOSS name. Hope that takes care of it, Here's the link:
Picasa Web Albums - wall - Recently Updatedpost #26 of 454/27/10 at 7:06pmI know it's kind of an old thread but I just saw these for the first time today and they look really cool, kinda like little PortaPro earbuds lol. Maybe if the price ever comes down to $100 I might give these a shot. Oh and also, after further looking at the pictures, I see there is some sort of earhook, is it metal? If so, is it comfortable? I am guessing the the earhook would feel cold when you first put them on? Thanks.post #27 of 455/1/10 at 9:48pmThe price is at ~$140, down from $250, I would say they are definitely worth every penny... compared these to the Audio Technica ATH-AD700's, a well known, entry level audiophile headphone. The sound-stage was noticeably better in the AT's, but sound wise the Dual element KDE's where far superior in sound quality, with an EQ they can do most anything, extra treble, bass, all without distortion!post #28 of 455/1/10 at 11:04pmYeah they're$140 on J and R. One review gives it 5 stars; the other review gives it 1 star. Not too promising. Two extreme views like that makes me leery.post #29 of 455/8/10 at 10:16am
Usually, fit is the problem, as an earphone that does not fit will probably not sound as it is supposed to. The source, usually an iPod, won't bring the clarity or dynamics out like an s9 (Cowon) or stereo system will. Good to be leery, I was also, they where new with no reviews when I bought them, the design seemed promising, I tried them (you can always return them, so it is not really a make or break decision) and found them satisfying enough to keep. I am the first reviewer, they did not fit the second.post #30 of 458/16/10 at 7:29pm
Alright... Got my new KDE250s in the mail today. Been using them being fed by a variety of audio sources, such as my iPhone, my four iPods, my Denon AVR1804, my Alesis Multimix USB (as a D/A for the Macbook) and my Kenwood stereo receiver from the 80's.
Can't help but compare it to my Porta Pros and, although the KDE250s are definitely crispier than the Porta Pros, I still think that stereo imaging, bass, comfort and overall soundstage are way better on the Porta Pros. I know that the KDE250s are very fit-dependent and maybe I have not been able to properly fit them in my ears. I tried all the adapters and couldn't find a good fit.
Anyway, looking for the best possible sound, I was manually holding them at the best possible position and I could notice that the sound is there, but I just couldn't find a good fit. Something similar happened to me when I first tried my Sennheisers MX twist-to-fit but then I found a good fit with the ear foams.
Will definitely try a little more, but I am probably not keeping them. Sorry if this post is disappointing to some of you. For the price, I'd get three Porta Pros...
MatsushimaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss KDE/250
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Portable amp for AKG k401? 23 seconds ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 1 minute ago
- › Which to choose..... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for good music headphones w/ mic for gaming. 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe