- 1,465 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Peoria, AZ
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productKoss KDE250 Dual Element Stereophone (Black/Silver)tagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anybody dealt with old Koss R200? Looking for a modern replacement. Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 1/27/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help opening up Realistic PRO-60 Last post on 11/21/12 at 12:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Did I get in over-my-head? Last post on 10/1/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Koss KDE/250 - Page 2post #16 of 457/1/09 at 2:38pmHow well do they isolate - or at all even?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 457/13/09 at 5:39ampost #18 of 458/28/09 at 1:30pmThey do fit like buds, only rubberized, and they slip in sideways. As for isolation, they seem to perform slightly better than standard ear buds at this. Fit wise, they fit much better than buds, especially if you have a larger ear.post #19 of 459/8/09 at 11:03pmpost #20 of 4510/3/09 at 6:46pmpost #21 of 4511/7/09 at 5:11ampost #22 of 4511/7/09 at 9:31pmI bought these after losing my Koss Portapros, there where a few months in between in which I shopped for headphones. If memory serves, they sound better than the Portapros overall, with slightly less bass, but deeper, and more crystal clear treble. they do however lack the Portapros 'Open' effect. The KDE250 also cannot be listened to from your neck.post #23 of 4511/14/09 at 1:09am
Photos - Koss KDE/250 - Canon Powershot 12.1 MegapixelI did some casual photography, much higher resolution than previous pictures (4000x3000, compared to 640x480) Most views should be covered, though some aren't the greatest (as I said, Casual) I figured Google images didn't have enough real world shots... too many product renders and stock photos. Any questions or requests welcome.
Here is the link:
Picasa Web Albums - wall - Koss Dual Ele...post #24 of 4511/14/09 at 1:44pmpost #25 of 4511/17/09 at 8:17pm
Waring The Koss KDE 250's - In Ear PicsHere are some pictures I took, and had taken of this headphone in the ear, and as you can see, the clip goes over the top of your ear like glasses, not behind like some front firing earphones. The headphone can also be tilted up and down, no sound difference, but comfort may increase, also, you may not be able to see it well, but the headphones bend around a hinge under the KOSS name. Hope that takes care of it, Here's the link:
Picasa Web Albums - wall - Recently Updatedpost #26 of 454/27/10 at 7:06pmI know it's kind of an old thread but I just saw these for the first time today and they look really cool, kinda like little PortaPro earbuds lol. Maybe if the price ever comes down to $100 I might give these a shot. Oh and also, after further looking at the pictures, I see there is some sort of earhook, is it metal? If so, is it comfortable? I am guessing the the earhook would feel cold when you first put them on? Thanks.post #27 of 455/1/10 at 9:48pmThe price is at ~$140, down from $250, I would say they are definitely worth every penny... compared these to the Audio Technica ATH-AD700's, a well known, entry level audiophile headphone. The sound-stage was noticeably better in the AT's, but sound wise the Dual element KDE's where far superior in sound quality, with an EQ they can do most anything, extra treble, bass, all without distortion!post #28 of 455/1/10 at 11:04pmYeah they're$140 on J and R. One review gives it 5 stars; the other review gives it 1 star. Not too promising. Two extreme views like that makes me leery.post #29 of 455/8/10 at 10:16am
Usually, fit is the problem, as an earphone that does not fit will probably not sound as it is supposed to. The source, usually an iPod, won't bring the clarity or dynamics out like an s9 (Cowon) or stereo system will. Good to be leery, I was also, they where new with no reviews when I bought them, the design seemed promising, I tried them (you can always return them, so it is not really a make or break decision) and found them satisfying enough to keep. I am the first reviewer, they did not fit the second.post #30 of 458/16/10 at 7:29pm
Alright... Got my new KDE250s in the mail today. Been using them being fed by a variety of audio sources, such as my iPhone, my four iPods, my Denon AVR1804, my Alesis Multimix USB (as a D/A for the Macbook) and my Kenwood stereo receiver from the 80's.
Can't help but compare it to my Porta Pros and, although the KDE250s are definitely crispier than the Porta Pros, I still think that stereo imaging, bass, comfort and overall soundstage are way better on the Porta Pros. I know that the KDE250s are very fit-dependent and maybe I have not been able to properly fit them in my ears. I tried all the adapters and couldn't find a good fit.
Anyway, looking for the best possible sound, I was manually holding them at the best possible position and I could notice that the sound is there, but I just couldn't find a good fit. Something similar happened to me when I first tried my Sennheisers MX twist-to-fit but then I found a good fit with the ear foams.
Will definitely try a little more, but I am probably not keeping them. Sorry if this post is disappointing to some of you. For the price, I'd get three Porta Pros...
MatsushimaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss KDE/250
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 second ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 1 second ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 23 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone.. 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › M50s overrated? 4 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe