- 1,584 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Peoria, AZ
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productKoss KDE250 Dual Element Stereophone (Black/Silver)tagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- [SUGGEST] KOSS headphones for home music listening Last post on 5/11/13 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anybody dealt with old Koss R200? Looking for a modern replacement. Last post on 6/26/12 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Samson SR-850 - What in the BLOODY HELL? Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help opening up Realistic PRO-60 Last post on 8/19/14 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Koss KDE/250 - Page 2post #16 of 477/1/09 at 2:38pmHow well do they isolate - or at all even?post #17 of 477/13/09 at 5:39ampost #18 of 478/28/09 at 1:30pmThey do fit like buds, only rubberized, and they slip in sideways. As for isolation, they seem to perform slightly better than standard ear buds at this. Fit wise, they fit much better than buds, especially if you have a larger ear.post #19 of 479/8/09 at 11:03pmpost #20 of 4710/3/09 at 6:46pmpost #21 of 4711/7/09 at 5:11ampost #22 of 4711/7/09 at 9:31pmI bought these after losing my Koss Portapros, there where a few months in between in which I shopped for headphones. If memory serves, they sound better than the Portapros overall, with slightly less bass, but deeper, and more crystal clear treble. they do however lack the Portapros 'Open' effect. The KDE250 also cannot be listened to from your neck.post #23 of 4711/14/09 at 1:09am
Photos - Koss KDE/250 - Canon Powershot 12.1 MegapixelI did some casual photography, much higher resolution than previous pictures (4000x3000, compared to 640x480) Most views should be covered, though some aren't the greatest (as I said, Casual) I figured Google images didn't have enough real world shots... too many product renders and stock photos. Any questions or requests welcome.
Here is the link:
Picasa Web Albums - wall - Koss Dual Ele...post #24 of 4711/14/09 at 1:44pmpost #25 of 4711/17/09 at 8:17pm
Waring The Koss KDE 250's - In Ear PicsHere are some pictures I took, and had taken of this headphone in the ear, and as you can see, the clip goes over the top of your ear like glasses, not behind like some front firing earphones. The headphone can also be tilted up and down, no sound difference, but comfort may increase, also, you may not be able to see it well, but the headphones bend around a hinge under the KOSS name. Hope that takes care of it, Here's the link:
Picasa Web Albums - wall - Recently Updatedpost #26 of 474/27/10 at 7:06pmI know it's kind of an old thread but I just saw these for the first time today and they look really cool, kinda like little PortaPro earbuds lol. Maybe if the price ever comes down to $100 I might give these a shot. Oh and also, after further looking at the pictures, I see there is some sort of earhook, is it metal? If so, is it comfortable? I am guessing the the earhook would feel cold when you first put them on? Thanks.post #27 of 475/1/10 at 9:48pmThe price is at ~$140, down from $250, I would say they are definitely worth every penny... compared these to the Audio Technica ATH-AD700's, a well known, entry level audiophile headphone. The sound-stage was noticeably better in the AT's, but sound wise the Dual element KDE's where far superior in sound quality, with an EQ they can do most anything, extra treble, bass, all without distortion!post #28 of 475/1/10 at 11:04pmYeah they're$140 on J and R. One review gives it 5 stars; the other review gives it 1 star. Not too promising. Two extreme views like that makes me leery.post #29 of 475/8/10 at 10:16am
Usually, fit is the problem, as an earphone that does not fit will probably not sound as it is supposed to. The source, usually an iPod, won't bring the clarity or dynamics out like an s9 (Cowon) or stereo system will. Good to be leery, I was also, they where new with no reviews when I bought them, the design seemed promising, I tried them (you can always return them, so it is not really a make or break decision) and found them satisfying enough to keep. I am the first reviewer, they did not fit the second.post #30 of 478/16/10 at 7:29pm
Alright... Got my new KDE250s in the mail today. Been using them being fed by a variety of audio sources, such as my iPhone, my four iPods, my Denon AVR1804, my Alesis Multimix USB (as a D/A for the Macbook) and my Kenwood stereo receiver from the 80's.
Can't help but compare it to my Porta Pros and, although the KDE250s are definitely crispier than the Porta Pros, I still think that stereo imaging, bass, comfort and overall soundstage are way better on the Porta Pros. I know that the KDE250s are very fit-dependent and maybe I have not been able to properly fit them in my ears. I tried all the adapters and couldn't find a good fit.
Anyway, looking for the best possible sound, I was manually holding them at the best possible position and I could notice that the sound is there, but I just couldn't find a good fit. Something similar happened to me when I first tried my Sennheisers MX twist-to-fit but then I found a good fit with the ear foams.
Will definitely try a little more, but I am probably not keeping them. Sorry if this post is disappointing to some of you. For the price, I'd get three Porta Pros...
MatsushimaReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss KDE/250
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 34 seconds ago
- › Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600 43 seconds ago
- › What headphones are right for me? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › I beg everyone please help me 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...