- 58 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandCowontagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2+ 16 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2 2GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2 premium digital media player 8GB (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me amp for around 100 usd Last post on 9/10/10 at 3:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- question about cowon J3 charging and listening Last post on 8/17/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- A player to replace my (cracked) D2 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:20am in Portable Source Gear
- COWON D2+ Battery Question ! Last post on 8/19/10 at 2:20am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Cold and warm sound?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tend to prefer my source gear to be as neutral as possible. That way you can chose speakers/phones with the type of sound signature you want.
I want to tell you that many people have wrong idea of the meaning of cold and warm sound. Such feel of sound has really nothing to do with the degree of its quality.
Warm sound comes from the material which is warm on touch such as wood while cold one comes from the metal. As result warm sound is more neutral and smooth, while cold one is quite transparent and spiky.
The statement of VoLTaG3 "A cold sound is when the HIGHS are more pronounced that the other frequencies. A warm sound is when the BASS is more pronounced than the other frequencies". Yes, this statement is close to be truth, but still there is more to say. The coldness of sound has a lot to do with the housing of the speaker.
- Cold and warm sound?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 18 seconds ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 30 seconds ago
- › Most detailed, accurate, clear, neutral IEMs 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Sensibility Cables, any experience? 3 minutes ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 4 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob