- 58 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandCowontagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2+ 16 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2 2GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2 premium digital media player 8GB (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me amp for around 100 usd Last post on 9/10/10 at 3:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- question about cowon J3 charging and listening Last post on 8/17/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- A player to replace my (cracked) D2 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:20am in Portable Source Gear
- COWON D2+ Battery Question ! Last post on 8/19/10 at 2:20am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Cold and warm sound?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tend to prefer my source gear to be as neutral as possible. That way you can chose speakers/phones with the type of sound signature you want.
I want to tell you that many people have wrong idea of the meaning of cold and warm sound. Such feel of sound has really nothing to do with the degree of its quality.
Warm sound comes from the material which is warm on touch such as wood while cold one comes from the metal. As result warm sound is more neutral and smooth, while cold one is quite transparent and spiky.
The statement of VoLTaG3 "A cold sound is when the HIGHS are more pronounced that the other frequencies. A warm sound is when the BASS is more pronounced than the other frequencies". Yes, this statement is close to be truth, but still there is more to say. The coldness of sound has a lot to do with the housing of the speaker.
- Cold and warm sound?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 37 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 46 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › plz help ! i need recommendations for earphones/buds <$230 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Recommendations to go with Magni & Modi 2 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 4 minutes ago
- › HM-901 7 minutes ago
- › shire srh 440 vs ath-m50 7 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude