- 58 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandCowontagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2+ 16 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2 2GB Portable Media Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- productCowon D2 premium digital media player 8GB (Black)tagged by System, 7/26/10
- brandSonytagged by System, 7/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me amp for around 100 usd Last post on 9/10/10 at 3:31pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable players recommendations Last post on 8/29/10 at 6:28am in Portable Source Gear
- question about cowon J3 charging and listening Last post on 8/17/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- A player to replace my (cracked) D2 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:20am in Portable Source Gear
- COWON D2+ Battery Question ! Last post on 8/19/10 at 2:20am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Cold and warm sound?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tend to prefer my source gear to be as neutral as possible. That way you can chose speakers/phones with the type of sound signature you want.
I want to tell you that many people have wrong idea of the meaning of cold and warm sound. Such feel of sound has really nothing to do with the degree of its quality.
Warm sound comes from the material which is warm on touch such as wood while cold one comes from the metal. As result warm sound is more neutral and smooth, while cold one is quite transparent and spiky.
The statement of VoLTaG3 "A cold sound is when the HIGHS are more pronounced that the other frequencies. A warm sound is when the BASS is more pronounced than the other frequencies". Yes, this statement is close to be truth, but still there is more to say. The coldness of sound has a lot to do with the housing of the speaker.
- Cold and warm sound?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 35 seconds ago
- › Best earphones for running under $30 46 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › grado gs1000i MINT 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob