New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Horse manure products - Page 5

post #61 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
Yes, as gregorio states, these posts were not serious. The intent was to hold up other members of the community to "ridicule." This provides him and certain other folks with a great deal of satisfaction. If you want, you could make a few claims about cables or some other tweaks to give them more to work with. Sort of like giving a Playboy magazine to a 13-year old boy.
That was uncalled for Phil.

Perhaps what we need is a Sticky for Cable Believers only. It could be called:

Cables Make A Difference: For Believers Only

It would be a place for Believers to gather and converse freely with like minded individuals. That way, if you don’t believe, you don’t post in the believer forum and if you do believe, that’s where you post. End of problem.

Then, when the OP asks a question like: "What's a good place to buy a replacement cable for my headphone?”, the Believers can just reply once with a link to the sticky and the people who want to address the OP's topic can continue to do so without controversy.

USG
post #62 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post
That was uncalled for Phil.
I think it was entirely appropriate. Ridicule in response to ridicule. And, frankly, I think mine was more clever and original.
post #63 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
If you want, you could make a few claims about cables or some other tweaks to give them more to work with. Sort of like giving a Playboy magazine to a 13-year old boy.
Playboys don't belong in this thread.

The dampening becomes more noticeable as the pages stick.
post #64 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaox2 View Post
Playboys don't belong in this thread.

The dampening becomes more noticeable as the pages stick.
Also, some objectivist will claim that no blind test has ever proven that one playmate looks any different from another.
post #65 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
Also, some objectivist will claim that no blind test has ever proven that one playmate looks any different from another.
If they're blind....
post #66 of 84
Really, you skeptics should be more open-minded.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is blind!

That kind of certainty has the not-so-subtle stench of arrogance about it.

Honestly, this kind of my-way-or-the-highway stuff has killed the forums. It's no longer possible to discuss playmates with any kind of decency and decorum. What we need is a separate forum where the playmate believers can frolic whimsically on flowery hills of freedom, unmolested by certain people who can't even bother to put an IMO or AFAIK in front of their opinions.

Science just hasn't advanced far enough to prove the kinds of things you're going on about.

(heh, long as everyone's posting tongue-in-cheek, I couldn't resist it)
post #67 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by null_pointer_us View Post
What we need is a separate forum where the playmate believers can frolic whimsically on flowery hills of freedom . . . .
My playmate prefers long walks on the beach.
post #68 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
HeHe Wife?
Not married... (though if I can find a woman who enjoys stacks of gear around the living room........) so more like rotating cast of siblings, gf, friends, whomever I can ensnare...
post #69 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
Also, some objectivist will claim that no blind test has ever proven that one playmate looks any different from another.
Hey, you're going to go blind if you keep that up.
post #70 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by feckn_eejit View Post
Not married... (though if I can find a woman who enjoys stacks of gear around the living room........) so more like rotating cast of siblings, gf, friends, whomever I can ensnare...
LOL! (to include wheel chair cripples, mentally challenged, slow running animals)

I don't know which is sicker, me for thinking it funny or you stating it.
post #71 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
LOL! (to include wheel chair cripples, mentally challenged, slow running animals)

I don't know which is sicker, me for thinking it funny or you stating it.
I didn't state that, so you're the sicko. But i'm still the wacko with stacks of gear all over the living room so...
post #72 of 84
I believe you're right. I didn't read the context to which these members were being used. Listening tests, who knew? I thought we had another fledgling Kirosa. Sorry for any unintentional defamation of character.
post #73 of 84
I changed the AC Power cable on my electric Tea Kettle and i feel the silver cable doesnt give the full flavour to whatever i make with the hot water as the copper.

But on a more serious note,....i believe on the right systems,cables make a sound difference. The more expensive cable isnt always better than a less expensive cable, and i dont believe you have to spend $1000's of dollars,yen,pecos,lira,pounds,wompom, or whatever on cables to get good sound.
If you have the play money, so be it......,but i feel if you experiment with alot of different $30-100 cables, you can achieve the same system matching improvements as that uber expensive esoteric cable for $5000 etc.
Thats my opinion and im sticking to it.
Doesnt mean you have to agree(even if youre wrong)...lol
post #74 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
...who knew? I thought we had another fledgling Kirosa. Sorry for any unintentional defamation of character.
Be careful, HC, I got hammered for just such a comment. He lurks, you know.
post #75 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
Be careful, HC, I got hammered for just such a comment. He lurks, you know.
It was intended for fun but I get the point, that's why I misspelled the name.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: