or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado SR225 vs. SR225i - Initial Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado SR225 vs. SR225i - Initial Impressions - Page 5

post #61 of 108
Good read sir, I may scratch the itch to make the jump from my 80 to the 225i.

Aside from TTVJ, where's the cheapest and safest place to buy the 225i online?
post #62 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule View Post
I think they pretty much abandoned that product.
No, they still sell it.
They should never abandon the Igrado. Its one of the best portable cans under $50. I love mine.
post #63 of 108
I just got a Grado SR225 for my birthday (Feb 23rd, ordered Feb 16th), and it's the SR225i! And I just found out by accident yesterday! I didn't even notice the difference until searching Grado Labs yesterday. Maybe I have the first SR225i!? I ordered my pair from OneCall at Amazon, and I got this new one that, in my opinion, is better! (I was wondering why my pair felt different and sounded better than my local audio shop's!)

I feel bad, though, for people buying either the SR80i or SR125i. With the comfort pads, people are losing the detail those Grados are known for (and I WAS SERIOUSLY going to get a SR125 instead of the SR225!)
post #64 of 108
dont worry the new models are probably still good
post #65 of 108
@Sonichedgehog360:
How exactly are your pair 'better' compared to the one in the shop?
Bear us some good news, my good man!
post #66 of 108
Myself I'm still waiting for the RS-1 vs RS-1i comparison thread... hint hint
post #67 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenhand View Post
Myself I'm still waiting for the RS-1 vs RS-1i comparison thread... hint hint
x2 here
post #68 of 108
x3
post #69 of 108
time fo
post #70 of 108
Richsto, any more updates in sound?
post #71 of 108
Though I didn't like the SR-60, 80 or 325i during my brief audition I'm still really curious about the 225 and the RS-1. From what I've gathered, they're the sweet spot of the Grado range.
post #72 of 108
I hear you woven. I love my little SR80's so much now I'm curious about "a little more" sheeesh...
post #73 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenhand View Post
Though I didn't like the SR-60, 80 or 325i during my brief audition I'm still really curious about the 225 and the RS-1. From what I've gathered, they're the sweet spot of the Grado range.
From what I've seen, if you just plain didn't like the SR80, you aren't going to like the SR225, and probably not the RS1 either.
post #74 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjrabon View Post
From what I've seen, if you just plain didn't like the SR80, you aren't going to like the SR225, and probably not the RS1 either.
I've read a lot that points to the contrary. My main beef with said cans was their harshness, and according to what I've read, the SR-225's and RS-1's are apparently a bit more smooth in the top end. If so, they might just be up my alley.
post #75 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido2 View Post
I hear you woven. I love my little SR80's so much now I'm curious about "a little more" sheeesh...
You powering those pups with the WA6? I dunno, when I auditioned them with a X-CAN v3 (I can't remember the source) they were just too bright.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado SR225 vs. SR225i - Initial Impressions