Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › For 6AS7G tube rollers here .....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... - Page 64

post #946 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

I know, i just bought a pair of western electric 421a and a western electric rectifier, otherwise, id be buying these right now biggrin.gif
Hey girlie..dont u have enough tubes by now? Ur to much! Sooner or later u need a dedicated room for all ur audio stuff..amps,headphones and tubes...and if u get the 2359glenn u will need even more tubes and more space... biggrin.gif
But seriouslyly..i take my hat of for u DSG.. Ur very passionate in what u do..and ur respectful to others and open for anything... Am honoured to know u here..and yes..am not afraid to say it in the open...ur a top gal!

Ps. Hope my 6080wb's get some time in one of ur tube amps in the future..lolz
post #947 of 1692
Thanks!! And yes they will, if i get wa2 again i will definitely try them out! Not many wa2 users have tried them
post #948 of 1692

nice review here from skylab  ¬  crazy to think that those tubes were so cheap back then compared to now

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/324469/review-four-6as7g-based-home-tube-headphone-amps-reviewed-and-compared

post #949 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

nice review here from skylab  ¬  crazy to think that those tubes were so cheap back then compared to now

http://www.head-fi.org/t/324469/review-four-6as7g-based-home-tube-headphone-amps-reviewed-and-compared
Funny reading about the 337 again and only confirming what i already knew.. Skylab agrees with me..its a wonderful sounding amp! And skylab is not just anyone and he doesnt brag or say things without hearing for himself... Nuf said! And now go buy a 337.. tongue.gif
post #950 of 1692

Ypu mean you agree with Skylab as this was written in 2008. ;)

I loved this review when I was new and looking for an amp, it made me buy the 339

post #951 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Ypu mean you agree with Skylab as this was written in 2008. wink.gif
I loved this review when I was new and looking for an amp, it made me buy the 339
I know what u mean..his review about the blue circle headphone amp made me buy an amp of thier brand also..he is the devil!! Making us buy stuff..heheheh
About another thing
I have my 337 back...the guy who boight it from me got fired and almost begged me to take it back..and as i am a nice guy (and luckily dont have money problems) i accepted it..he was sooo happy..so i guess i have a better chair up there in the stars now wink.gif
But seriously..as i know the 337 is not wellknown its not easily sold...
So i decided to sell the tubes seperately and sell the 337 with the rare svetlana's (vintage 70ties) and the rca 5693 red hot.

And now the interesting part for u guys:

My matched pair of 5998 (chatham) and my TS 6sg7gt mesh plates (totally silent!!!!) tubes i will be selling seperately..both are matched pairs and were nos when i bought them (5988 has 200hours, mesh plates 250)

For the 5998 i want 200usd for the meshplates 60usd
And sell the 337 for the rediculously low price of 450 euro!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/4/13 at 7:29am
post #952 of 1692

I'm currently using the La Figaro 339 with the HE500 with the 

 

6AS7G RCA (Black Plate)

 

7236 Tung-Sol

 

Am I missing a lot from the 5998s and also the bendix 6080wb graphite slotted columns( is this expensive?) ?

 

Currently listening to a lot of Trance.


Edited by snip3r77 - 11/11/13 at 4:53am
post #953 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by snip3r77 View Post

I'm currently using the La Figaro 339 with the HE500 with the 

6AS7G RCA (Black Plate)

7236 Tung-Sol

Am I missing a lot from the 5998s and also the bendix 6080wb graphite slotted columns( is this expensive?) ?

Currently listening to a lot of Trance.
5998 is a bit more bassheavy..the bass hits hard and sound is very powerfull..u will like it with trance and house like tiesto.. The 6080 graphite plates is a soundstage master! For he500 the 5998 is best powertube as its most powerfull tube existing..very good for harder to drive headphones..
Pm me..maybe i can help u with the first one biggrin.gif
post #954 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by snip3r77 View Post
 

I'm currently using the La Figaro 339 with the HE500 with the 

 

6AS7G RCA (Black Plate)

 

7236 Tung-Sol

 

Am I missing a lot from the 5998s and also the bendix 6080wb graphite slotted columns( is this expensive?) ?

 

Currently listening to a lot of Trance.


IMO the 5998s are slighty better than the RCA 6AS7Gs, but I don't think they are worth + $80 to pay for. I bought a pair of Tung Sol 5998s for 70Euros some while back. Today's prices are crazy. As for the Bendix, I always wanted to try one.

 

PS: If anyone wants to exchange a Bendix 6080wb with a 5998 (a few hours usage, bought NOS), please PM me

post #955 of 1692

i just listened to the bendix 6080wb earlier, they sound really nice in the glenn otl amp. not as resolving as the others, but they have a wide soundstage and a smoothness to them, with a good amount of bass. except there is a slight hollowness to the sound but i kinda like it, it adds a nice tonality to the sound as well when combined with the smooth warmth.

 

interestingly, i can say it makes my T1's sound like a pair of he-500s...

 

oh, and i just cleaned my GEC tubes:D

 

post #956 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post


Wow. Just wow.
post #957 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i just listened to the bendix 6080wb earlier, they sound really nice in the glenn otl amp. not as resolving as the others, but they have a wide soundstage and a smoothness to them, with a good amount of bass. except there is a slight hollowness to the sound but i kinda like it, it adds a nice tonality to the sound as well when combined with the smooth warmth.

interestingly, i can say it makes my T1's sound like a pair of he-500s...

oh, and i just cleaned my GEC tubes:D


Damn girl..only on this pic alone u have more then 1000usd worth of tubes! eek.gif
Hope u have ur house well secured..hehehehe oopsie

Am glad u like the 6080wb.yes i agree about that hollow thingie..but i think its because of that extreme soundstage u get that feeling.. wink.gif
post #958 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Damn girl..only on this pic alone u have more then 1000usd worth of tubes! eek.gif
Hope u have ur house well secured..hehehehe oopsie

Am glad u like the 6080wb.yes i agree about that hollow thingie..but i think its because of that extreme soundstage u get that feeling.. wink.gif

lol yeah, sort of an investment for now, if i get bored of them or end up needing some emergency money, they are there to sell. if i sold 300-400 a pair, probably like 1500$ or so i could get. the curved base are pretty much 100% NOS with one pair NIB and the straight bases, one pair is used but the other pair is NIB.

 

its an interesting tube for sure. a different sound than all the others for sure. i really think it makes t1 sounds like he-500, that smoothness and warmth they have, as well as the fact that the 6080wb seem to have a good amount of bass. its not very deep extending but its punchy and fun. definitely a good thing to swictch it up a bit.

 

i wonder if the slotted column version is similar.

 

btw, that tube gets really hot! the graphite columns make them remain hot for a really long time too.

post #959 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

lol yeah, sort of an investment for now, if i get bored of them or end up needing some emergency money, they are there to sell. if i sold 300-400 a pair, probably like 1500$ or so i could get. the curved base are pretty much 100% NOS with one pair NIB and the straight bases, one pair is used but the other pair is NIB.

its an interesting tube for sure. a different sound than all the others for sure. i really think it makes t1 sounds like he-500, that smoothness and warmth they have, as well as the fact that the 6080wb seem to have a good amount of bass. its not very deep extending but its punchy and fun. definitely a good thing to swictch it up a bit.

i wonder if the slotted column version is similar.

btw, that tube gets really hot! the graphite columns make them remain hot for a really long time too.
Lolz..emergency money..ur nuts girl..and funny.. biggrin.gif
.well..then u first have to sell them..as i am having hard times selling my perfect pair of NOS 5998's even for 150usd redface.gif but i just sold my he500.. Yeah! Now my tubes and 337 and then i am cheeky clean to receive my new rig.. tongue.gif
Yeah..they get burning hot! I think its because of the graphite which works like a sink to keep the temp at its optimal temp..or something..and did u listen to the tubes when u switched off and they cool down VERY SLOWLY? U hear a very sexy ticking..just like a harddriven turbo charged car just being switched off...i loved that sound.. !! biggrin.gif

Yeah i agree about that addictive sound..,,that special character made me chose that tube in combo with my excellent TS mesh plates over the 5998''s i have... Since i had the bendix the 5998 they didnt get much use after that..that special sound signature is really addictive with the he500.. Especially in a really good and strong amp.. That punch doesnt only hit hard then..but fast and deep also..maybe it was also because of the TS mesh plates i used for drivers who have a very strong detaily sound also of their own also?
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/14/13 at 5:05pm
post #960 of 1692

Anyone able to identify this one? Print: BRIMAR 6080 FOREIGN BVA, blue print, metal base, copper heaters. Box marked BRIMAR (and Thorne, BVA). Haven't put it to test yet.

 

Strange that it's marked "foreign", as BRIMAR is short for BRItish Made Amercian Radio tubes.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › For 6AS7G tube rollers here .....