or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... - Page 84

post #1246 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

 

Trouble is, they're no longer public but are  a private, listed entity nowadays but still retain the monopoly on international packages sent via other postal services...and boy,  do the bast*rds exploit it....>30 EUR administrative fee.  And you don't have a choice as competition can't play.  Time for a letter to the European Commission I guess.  Anyway, when shipping to Belgium anything's better than post.

 

You don't have the option to clear the items yourself thus avoiding the customs brokerage fee? In Finland this can be done online.

post #1247 of 3800

I will never use the global shipping program again either its a total rip off imho. If you contact a seller and explain you have poor service from them in the past ask if they will ship direct 99% of those I have dealt with have been happy to do so. They are also unaware that the Global seller program can put off potential overseas purchasers due to the sometimes unnecessary extra and excessive costs often charged.

post #1248 of 3800

When I see that Ebay Global seller thing I don't even look further. Too bad really cause I was interested in a few tubes Skylab had for sale on his ebay account.

post #1249 of 3800
For you head-fi guys, if you ever see some tubes I'm selling on eBay and you want them, PM me here. I will NOT ship internationally without the Global Shipping program on eBay to just any random person because I have been burned too many times and it's just not worth the hassle. But for you guys, I will ship directly (if you pay by paypal of course) without any eBay involvement.
post #1250 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskari View Post
 

 

You don't have the option to clear the items yourself thus avoiding the customs brokerage fee? In Finland this can be done online.

Theoretically you can file the declaration in person BUT the thing is, this has to happen where the goods are technically cleared by the post which is only at one location in an industrial area close to the capital.  No way to file online unless you're a customs registered entity.  And of course there's zero help with the customs formalities which in my case wouldn't be a problem but would be an almost insurmountable obstacle for the average Joe who wouldn't know what to fill in where on the form.  So yes, in theory it's possible, in practice they screw you out of your money.

 

If I ever see some of Skylab's tubes (btw, I'm always on the lookout for a 7236 or -a different beast- a 45, hint, hint) then I'll presto send some cash via paypal :-)

post #1251 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

For you head-fi guys, if you ever see some tubes I'm selling on eBay and you want them, PM me here. I will NOT ship internationally without the Global Shipping program on eBay to just any random person because I have been burned too many times and it's just not worth the hassle. But for you guys, I will ship directly (if you pay by paypal of course) without any eBay involvement.

What's you're ebay ID name if you don't mind me asking !

post #1252 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLad View Post

What's you're ebay ID name if you don't mind me asking !

Skylab88 biggrin.gif
post #1253 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post


Skylab88 biggrin.gif

Thank you :gs1000smile:

post #1254 of 3800

Anyone know if Raytheon made their own 6AS7 tubes?Thanks!

post #1255 of 3800

finally i got two of these on the way these will be my first 6AS7.....:biggrin:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

post #1256 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Anyone know if Raytheon made their own 6AS7 tubes?Thanks!

 

They might have, but a lot of Raytheons on eBay are rebadged Russian tubes.  They're the "winged C" tubes.  Not bad tubes, but nothing special, either.  Just cheap and plentiful. 

post #1257 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
 

 

They might have, but a lot of Raytheons on eBay are rebadged Russian tubes.  They're the "winged C" tubes.  Not bad tubes, but nothing special, either.  Just cheap and plentiful. 

Thank You!I just bought a Raytheon 6AS7 from a US seller claimed they are US made i guess i have to wait and see.

post #1258 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post
 

Thank You!I just bought a Raytheon 6AS7 from a US seller claimed they are US made i guess i have to wait and see.

 

Post a pic and we'll tell ya what it is! 

post #1259 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
 

 

Post a pic and we'll tell ya what it is! 

I will as soon as it arrived,Thanks!

post #1260 of 3800
Quote:
Originally Posted by i luvmusic 2 View Post

Anyone know if Raytheon made their own 6AS7 tubes?Thanks!

I am almost 100% certain that they did indeed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: