rofl china have fakes for all the earphones now xD
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones wanted - Low cost with iPhone controls Last post on 8/13/11 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't justify spending £200 on some IE8s... Last post on 8/16/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Fake IE8 - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was considering buying a pair of these, until a deal seemed too good to be true. It seems that there are so many fake versions of these nowadays that I'd be suprised if there was a real set for less than retail price - The only two places I'd trust buying these from now are Amazon or the official Sennheiser website.
@Butter123 - Can you see the red chip wire in the right see-through part of the iem? (hard to tell from the pictures)
I think the the easiest way of telling if they are fake or not is the sound - Do they sound fake? Is the sound impressive or just..meh?
With the quality of the copying by Asian manufacturers etc it's hard to tell the difference without hearing the real deal
yes, it is red around the solder joint where the rubber and the connector joint meets in the right ear connector, well, as for the sound, I haven't burn them in yet. Overall its sound pretty good, but not impressed because I have other high end earphones. The reason why I am asking you guys is because the genuine "R" is suppose to be angled, is my "R" angled enough to be the real deal? As for the soundstage, is around 20% better than my Superfi 5. But not nearly as good as the IE7 or the TF10. Still burning them. As for the bass, at the lowest setting, it seems to have less punch than the IE7 and TF10, but is very detailed and defined. Hopefully I got a deal on this because I only pay $180 for them.
I purchased my IE8s from Minidisc and they're about 1 year and 6 months old now. I recently noticed that some signs of age are showing.
1) That "grainy" coating on the IE8 has wore off on the corner.
2) The plug's silver coating has wore off to reveal a copper (?) colour.
Is this normal for real IE8s?
(Plug losing silver coating)
(Both corners have lost that grainy glittery coating)
(Are the letters "slanted" correctly?)
(Picture of the box)
Lol at Riemann sums above^ doing the same in school right now.
BUT, more importantly, I also need to know about a pair of IE8's I've spotted. The person is selling for 180$ canadian, slightly used, so it is a very realistic price. I will meet him in person so that helps things a bit. He sent me some pictures, but they are not very clear to me and was wondering if someone here can help me judge if it's in fact legit or not.
There's a pair of these going for $76 on ebay right now.
Am I correct in assuming this is one of those to good to be true moments?
- Fake IE8
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › [WTB] UHA-6S.MkII 1 minute ago
- › best tda1541 DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 8 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2