rofl china have fakes for all the earphones now xD
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones wanted - Low cost with iPhone controls Last post on 8/13/11 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't justify spending £200 on some IE8s... Last post on 8/16/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Fake IE8 - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was considering buying a pair of these, until a deal seemed too good to be true. It seems that there are so many fake versions of these nowadays that I'd be suprised if there was a real set for less than retail price - The only two places I'd trust buying these from now are Amazon or the official Sennheiser website.
@Butter123 - Can you see the red chip wire in the right see-through part of the iem? (hard to tell from the pictures)
I think the the easiest way of telling if they are fake or not is the sound - Do they sound fake? Is the sound impressive or just..meh?
With the quality of the copying by Asian manufacturers etc it's hard to tell the difference without hearing the real deal
yes, it is red around the solder joint where the rubber and the connector joint meets in the right ear connector, well, as for the sound, I haven't burn them in yet. Overall its sound pretty good, but not impressed because I have other high end earphones. The reason why I am asking you guys is because the genuine "R" is suppose to be angled, is my "R" angled enough to be the real deal? As for the soundstage, is around 20% better than my Superfi 5. But not nearly as good as the IE7 or the TF10. Still burning them. As for the bass, at the lowest setting, it seems to have less punch than the IE7 and TF10, but is very detailed and defined. Hopefully I got a deal on this because I only pay $180 for them.
I purchased my IE8s from Minidisc and they're about 1 year and 6 months old now. I recently noticed that some signs of age are showing.
1) That "grainy" coating on the IE8 has wore off on the corner.
2) The plug's silver coating has wore off to reveal a copper (?) colour.
Is this normal for real IE8s?
(Plug losing silver coating)
(Both corners have lost that grainy glittery coating)
(Are the letters "slanted" correctly?)
(Picture of the box)
Lol at Riemann sums above^ doing the same in school right now.
BUT, more importantly, I also need to know about a pair of IE8's I've spotted. The person is selling for 180$ canadian, slightly used, so it is a very realistic price. I will meet him in person so that helps things a bit. He sent me some pictures, but they are not very clear to me and was wondering if someone here can help me judge if it's in fact legit or not.
There's a pair of these going for $76 on ebay right now.
Am I correct in assuming this is one of those to good to be true moments?
- Fake IE8
- › Cowon Plenue D 35 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] AKG K545: A new benchmark in portable audio 4 minutes ago
- › Uncomfortable Sennheiser HD598s: return for something else (AD700x)... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi: NOS6922 Valve/Tube upgrade set (new product announcement!) 6 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 6 minutes ago
- › Micro Idsd VS Mojo VS Fiio X7, Need Advice Pls 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10 CIEM 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse