rofl china have fakes for all the earphones now xD
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Reserved Last post on 9/16/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones wanted - Low cost with iPhone controls Last post on 8/13/11 at 2:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't justify spending £200 on some IE8s... Last post on 8/16/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help. fake or real Last post on 3/23/11 at 2:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just have a question about buying an ie8 from ebay Last post on 1/14/11 at 4:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Fake IE8 - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was considering buying a pair of these, until a deal seemed too good to be true. It seems that there are so many fake versions of these nowadays that I'd be suprised if there was a real set for less than retail price - The only two places I'd trust buying these from now are Amazon or the official Sennheiser website.
@Butter123 - Can you see the red chip wire in the right see-through part of the iem? (hard to tell from the pictures)
I think the the easiest way of telling if they are fake or not is the sound - Do they sound fake? Is the sound impressive or just..meh?
With the quality of the copying by Asian manufacturers etc it's hard to tell the difference without hearing the real deal
yes, it is red around the solder joint where the rubber and the connector joint meets in the right ear connector, well, as for the sound, I haven't burn them in yet. Overall its sound pretty good, but not impressed because I have other high end earphones. The reason why I am asking you guys is because the genuine "R" is suppose to be angled, is my "R" angled enough to be the real deal? As for the soundstage, is around 20% better than my Superfi 5. But not nearly as good as the IE7 or the TF10. Still burning them. As for the bass, at the lowest setting, it seems to have less punch than the IE7 and TF10, but is very detailed and defined. Hopefully I got a deal on this because I only pay $180 for them.
I purchased my IE8s from Minidisc and they're about 1 year and 6 months old now. I recently noticed that some signs of age are showing.
1) That "grainy" coating on the IE8 has wore off on the corner.
2) The plug's silver coating has wore off to reveal a copper (?) colour.
Is this normal for real IE8s?
(Plug losing silver coating)
(Both corners have lost that grainy glittery coating)
(Are the letters "slanted" correctly?)
(Picture of the box)
Lol at Riemann sums above^ doing the same in school right now.
BUT, more importantly, I also need to know about a pair of IE8's I've spotted. The person is selling for 180$ canadian, slightly used, so it is a very realistic price. I will meet him in person so that helps things a bit. He sent me some pictures, but they are not very clear to me and was wondering if someone here can help me judge if it's in fact legit or not.
There's a pair of these going for $76 on ebay right now.
Am I correct in assuming this is one of those to good to be true moments?
- Fake IE8
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 42 seconds ago
- › Almi's X-Fi Mod (Hotrodding Sound Blaster X-Fi models) 1 minute ago
- › Considering Schiit(or other things too) 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Vorzuge customer support 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...