Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I've Just Got to Have Bass!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I've Just Got to Have Bass! - Page 9

post #121 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoart View Post
I think of a "basshead" as someone who wants loud,exaggerated bass (think car subs.) That description does not fit me, so I do not consider myself a basshead. I merely like bass at a natural level (like DT770s) rather than artificially attenuated (like ATH700s.)
You like the DT770, that means you like exaggerated bass, it fits your description. You are a basshead.

Amazing this thread still alive.

HD_Dude good luck with the Denon's, sound good fun ahead in that case! For Solid State Amps, check out Skylab's thread, he links a bunch of SS that he reviewed. And there are a few others with good comparisons.
post #122 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 View Post
For Solid State Headphones
I'm more of a Tube Headphone guy myself.
post #123 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 View Post
You like the DT770, that means you like exaggerated bass, it fits your description. You are a basshead.
Flawed logic.
The correct logic goes like this: I do not like exaggerated bass. I do like DT770s. Therefore DT770s do not have exaggerated bass.
post #124 of 246
cetoole is currently selling a headphone that has killer bass....
(you'll need a decent amp though)...
post #125 of 246

Car audio stigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoart View Post
I think of a "basshead" as someone who wants loud,exaggerated bass (think car subs.) That description does not fit me, so I do not consider myself a basshead. I merely like bass at a natural level (like DT770s) rather than artificially attenuated (like ATH700s.)
Oh yea? My car stereo with two JL subs is more balanced than DT770. I have very deep controlled bass AND more midrange AND better highs than 770-80.

If you don’t want to be called a basshead you are well within your right, but don’t come here and assume that everyone into car audio likes loud exaggerated bass.
I like HD-25 and HD650 bass, I don't think DT770 is all that great anymore, I have subs in my car and I find no shame in calling myself a basshead.
post #126 of 246
Haha, right on iGig!
post #127 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGig View Post
Oh yea? My car stereo with two JL subs is more balanced than DT770. I have very deep controlled bass AND more midrange AND better highs than 770-80.

If you don’t want to be called a basshead you are well within your right, but don’t come here and assume that everyone into car audio likes loud exaggerated bass.
I like HD-25 and HD650 bass, I don't think DT770 is all that great anymore, I have subs in my car and I find no shame in calling myself a basshead.
I did not imply (or even suggest) that everyone with a car sub is a basshead.
When I say "think of car subs" in the same sentence as "basshead", everyone knows what I am talking about. We have all heard the ridiculous cars that shake every other vehicle in a two-block radius and sound like they are going to rattle all the bolts loose! DT770 bass would be considered thin and weak by people like that, who are the true "bassheads".

Anyway, the fact is that DT770 bass is not exaggerated. Phones with less bass are unnaturally thin sounding.
post #128 of 246
Well euhm... no. That would mean that the DT770 and Bose are the only heaphones doing it right? I mean if you truly believe that, thats fine by me, but you will be dissapointed by truly great headphones like the SR007, 4070, GS1000, RS1, Ed9, HD650, K1000 etc. because none of the truly great headphones have such unnatural overemphasized bass. Offcourse the whole audio industry could be wrong, and you could be right, and the DT770 truly is the only one with good bass... however I don't think its very likely.
post #129 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoart View Post
I did not imply (or even suggest) that everyone with a car sub is a basshead.
When I say "think of car subs" in the same sentence as "basshead", everyone knows what I am talking about. We have all heard the ridiculous cars that shake every other vehicle in a two-block radius and sound like they are going to rattle all the bolts loose! DT770 bass would be considered thin and weak by people like that, who are the true "bassheads".

Anyway, the fact is that DT770 bass is not exaggerated. Phones with less bass are unnaturally thin sounding.
When I think of car subs I think of my own car subs, wouldn't that make sense?
Yes everyone has heard the loud boomy subs you're talking about, it's also fair to admit that there are other people who have subs in their car, have balanced sound and enjoy music other than hip-hop, you just don't hear them coming from two blocks away.

How do you know these "true bassheads" consider DT770 bass to be weak and thin? did they tell you directly or are you assuming again?
post #130 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGig View Post
How do you know these "true bassheads" consider DT770 bass to be weak and thin?
Because, it is natural rather than exaggerated. Those who prefer exaggerated bass, therefore, would not find it satisfying. Simple logic again.
post #131 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoart
Because, it is natural rather than exaggerated. Those who prefer exaggerated bass, therefore, would not find it satisfying. Simple logic again.
intoart, simple logic doesn't give us the right to speak for others, we can't say for sure what the "true bassheads" think of the 770. They're not here posting, they're busy roaming the streets enjoying their subs, oh how I envy them....
I think I've made my point and I'm not here to argue. Instead of discussing our diferences I rather focus on the things we have in common, like our DT770.

I agree it has nice bass, I enjoy it a lot, my problem is that after listening to HD650 I don't like the mids and highs, but I still recommend it as a good starter can because it will make a lot of people happy.
I said this on my initial post btw. Have fun enjoying your music, see ya later.
post #132 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Dude View Post
As I said before, I think we've met. Your name's Dick, isn't it?
Lol, don't you just wish there was a emoticon/smiley that would resemble the middle finger?
post #133 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffy View Post
Lol, don't you just wish there was a emoticon/smiley that would resemble the middle finger?
Haha... sometimes.
post #134 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoart View Post
Because, it is natural rather than exaggerated. Those who prefer exaggerated bass, therefore, would not find it satisfying. Simple logic again.
Are you a bot? Cause you repeat yourself over and over with nothing new to substantiate your old arguments? A rational, reasoning being will present new arguments and facts to the conversation to convince the other person, but you are like a recording, a bot. Your argument is, the DT770 has natural bass, therefore it's bass is not exaggerated. Did you ever attend school and learn how to debate? That's not even logic, you don't use your opinion as the argument itself to prove a point, that's just stupid. Just a thought. It's very amusing.
post #135 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvanrij View Post
Well euhm... no. That would mean that the DT770 and Bose are the only heaphones doing it right?
Wrogno.
Every headphone with bass is doing it wrong, since bass is mostly "felt", not heard.
Ever heard a 20Hz tone on a headphone? Try it again with a decent subwoofer, then and only then you'll have experienced real bass.
That 20Hz tone will be precieved as 10% sound, 90% feeling.

If you really want that OMG WTF experience, you should use your headphones with a dedicated subwoofer and a crossover set just right.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I've Just Got to Have Bass!