Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I've Just Got to Have Bass!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I've Just Got to Have Bass! - Page 8

post #106 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoart View Post
Yes, yes, no, yes, no. In that order.

Some of you guys claim to be trying to help newbies. Steering them away from excellent headphones at a reasonable price by telling lies about them is not being helpful.
Some people might be bashing the 770 a bit too hard in this thread but it doesn't mean they are lying. Everyone hears differently and opinions vary.

After trying different headphones I found the 770s to be too congested and boomy. I used to be a basshead too and I ended up not liking their sound. But some people might like that so I'm not one to judge.
post #107 of 246

Bass is supposed to make people happy, not make them argue.

I am a basshead too, and I think the 770 is a great headphone for a newbie, because it will please the casual listener and it's a good start for those who want more.
After listening to HD650 I don't like it so much anymore, and I'll probably end up selling it. For now I like having it around in case of bass emergency.
PS: I'm not an audiophile, I just like my music to sound good and fun.


Hello OP, I know what you mean by the bass being a percussion instrument, bass and drums is where the rhythm lives and it's what makes me tap my foot or shake my hips. Music without bass has no life and as beautiful as the midrange is, I still need my bass no matter what.
I haven't listened to the SR325 but I have the HD650 and I think it has plenty of bass. It's not prominent but it's there when the music calls for it. I'm waiting to receive a KICAS amp that is supposed to make HD650 bass sound deep and controlled. I can't wait to hear this I think all my bass needs will be fulfilled.

I didn't read this whole thread, but I saw a post that said: "You are a basshead! admit it." hahaha made me laugh.
post #108 of 246
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnisher View Post
Some people might be bashing the 770 a bit too hard in this thread but it doesn't mean they are lying. Everyone hears differently and opinions vary.

After trying different headphones I found the 770s to be too congested and boomy. I used to be a basshead too and I ended up not liking their sound. But some people might like that so I'm not one to judge.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGig View Post
I am a basshead too, and I think the 770 is a great headphone for a newbie, because it will please the casual listener and it's a good start for those who want more.
After listening to HD650 I don't like it so much anymore, and I'll probably end up selling it. For now I like having it around in case of bass emergency.
PS: I'm not an audiophile, I just like my music to sound good and fun.


Hello OP, I know what you mean by the bass being a percussion instrument, bass and drums is where the rhythm lives and it's what makes me tap my foot or shake my hips. Music without bass has no life and as beautiful as the midrange is, I still need my bass no matter what.
I haven't listened to the SR325 but I have the HD650 and I think it has plenty of bass. It's not prominent but it's there when the music calls for it. I'm waiting to receive a KICAS amp that is supposed to make HD650 bass sound deep and controlled. I can't wait to hear this I think all my bass needs will be fulfilled.

I didn't read this whole thread, but I saw a post that said: "You are a basshead! admit it." hahaha made me laugh.
You're my new favorite person!
post #109 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Dude View Post

You're my new favorite person!
awww, thanks
post #110 of 246
Thread Starter 

Denon AH-D7000 Review

Hi again...

Just found this wonderful review of the Denon 7000's in Headroom...great desciption of the bass.

"...These headphones simply have the best, most texturally accurate low-bass extension of any cans we've heard to date. Lab measurement bears out the fact that the AH-D7000 remain responsive a full octave lower than any other reference headphone we've measured in our HeadRoom audio facilities. However, don't mistake what we're saying here: the D7000 is not boomy, dark, woolly, murky, nor any other adjective used for flawed bottom-end response. Expect tight, punchy accuracy all the way into the sub-basement foundation..."

This review, added to the comments here, plus the Denon 7000 appreciation thread, plus my affinity for Denon, have made them my #1 'must audition' set of headphones!

Here's the link:

DENON AH-D7000 @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Thoughts?
post #111 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Dude View Post
Hi again...

Just found this wonderful review of the Denon 7000's in Headroom...great desciption of the bass.

"...These headphones simply have the best, most texturally accurate low-bass extension of any cans we've heard to date. Lab measurement bears out the fact that the AH-D7000 remain responsive a full octave lower than any other reference headphone we've measured in our HeadRoom audio facilities. However, don't mistake what we're saying here: the D7000 is not boomy, dark, woolly, murky, nor any other adjective used for flawed bottom-end response. Expect tight, punchy accuracy all the way into the sub-basement foundation..."

This review, added to the comments here, plus the Denon 7000 appreciation thread, plus my affinity for Denon, have made them my #1 'must audition' set of headphones!

Here's the link:

DENON AH-D7000 @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Thoughts?
Good job being so easily persuaded by marketing.
post #112 of 246
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule View Post
Good job being so easily persuaded by marketing.
As I said before, I think we've met. Your name's Dick, isn't it?
post #113 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Dude View Post
As I said before, I think we've met. Your name's Dick, isn't it?
This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I dont think you need to sped that much on the denons for good bass. But if you do then I would go for thishttp://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/sa...3/#post5400965 as it has a reputaion for being a very good headphone and having a super good sounding bass.

The 650 with an Equinox and some tube rolling will get you what you want but I do like the JVC, its very interesting.
post #114 of 246
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
This is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I dont think you need to sped that much on the denons for good bass. But if you do then I would go for thishttp://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/sa...3/#post5400965 as it has a reputaion for being a very good headphone and having a super good sounding bass.

The 650 with an Equinox and some tube rolling will get you what you want but I do like the JVC, its very interesting.
Excellent! Thanks for the suggestion!

As for price, one reason I'm considering the Denons is the price drop. They're available in the $550 range...similar to the 650 and other great choices. If they were still closer to a grand, I'd pass them by.

Thanks again!
post #115 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by poundsign View Post
Compression cuts out bass. So if you like bass make sure to use a lossless format.
Ignoracne.

This is a false statment. Please no one take it seriosuly.
post #116 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Dude View Post
Excellent! Thanks for the suggestion!

As for price, one reason I'm considering the Denons is the price drop. They're available in the $550 range...similar to the 650 and other great choices. If they were still closer to a grand, I'd pass them by.

Thanks again!
I didnt notice the price drop, that is a good deal. Solid State will be a good way to go for the Denons.
post #117 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic View Post
Ignoracne.

This is a false statment. Please no one take it seriosuly.
I've noticed mp3 sound more boomy though.
post #118 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Dude View Post
"...These headphones simply have the best, most texturally accurate low-bass extension of any cans we've heard to date. Lab measurement bears out the fact that the AH-D7000 remain responsive a full octave lower than any other reference headphone we've measured in our HeadRoom audio facilities. However, don't mistake what we're saying here: the D7000 is not boomy, dark, woolly, murky, nor any other adjective used for flawed bottom-end response. Expect tight, punchy accuracy all the way into the sub-basement foundation..."
Replace "AH-D7000" with "DT770" in the above and it will be a 100% correct description.
post #119 of 246
In your o so humble opinion offcourse.
post #120 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGig View Post
I am a basshead too, and I think the 770 is a great headphone for a newbie, because it will please the casual listener and it's a good start for those who want more.
I think of a "basshead" as someone who wants loud,exaggerated bass (think car subs.) That description does not fit me, so I do not consider myself a basshead. I merely like bass at a natural level (like DT770s) rather than artificially attenuated (like ATH700s.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I've Just Got to Have Bass!