Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed - Page 7

post #91 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
So you see nothing wrong with what the OP did? Please show me one comment that attacked the OP's taste. Or a post that was cutting that was not in direct response to a distasteful remark from the OP. Since you singled me out in your first post. Be kind enough to post what I first said to the OP.



It looks different because that is the wrong product. That's the old single driver model.

If the MacRumors graph is of the new model. It is a very good flat frequency response just as it was described numerous times in this thread.

The chart is from Apple BTW.
http://images.apple.com/ipod/inearhe...rt20080909.jpg

Here is the CX300
Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Ideally I would have liked to use the same source for the data but Headroom doesn't have a chart for the Apple Dual Driver.


I already posted the quotes I thought were offensive about the OP. I don’t need to repost the first comments… anyone reading this thread can see that for themselves.

That's an honest mistake if that link is to an older product. I apologize for that. To err is human, and that shows that I'm human, ha ha! I submit myself for execution.

I too would like to see a more objective graph for the dual driver one, other than the one that was supplied by Apple. I can’t put much stock in it since it was from them. On Macrumors, if you note in that screen shot I put up, they said the graph looks very smoothed out, and suspect. And that one is regarding the dual driver. Your link takes you right to that very graph. I wonder why it’s so hard to find a more objective graph? I’ve searched thoroughly on Google to no avail.
post #92 of 141
Mark, talking of tastebuds of a hyena - I made one of those Nigella Lawson raspberry pavlovas (with only the finest chocolate flaked delicately over the top) and it looked amazing. Sadly, it collapsed in a heap because the meringue didn't cook properly. But waste not want not, I just called the raw bit 'whipped cream' and everyone loved it - everyone that didn't get stomach ache, that is

P.S Wanna come to dinner? I make a great Pavlova with whipped cream...
post #93 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
I already posted the quotes I thought were offensive about the OP. I don’t need to repost the first comments… anyone reading this thread can see that for themselves.
No they can't. I was cordial and helpful until the OP called me a Fanboy.

End of story. I'd like an apology for that. Period.

The evidence for that is in the thread. You and Soozieq can pretend all you want that we are being unreasonable about this whole thing that doesn't change anything.

I still don't get why you needed to get involved. Are you guys moderators?

If the moderators think I was wrong they can go ahead ban me and delete my account.


As far As I am concerned Artmuzz broke forum rules:

http://www.head-fi.org/documents/rules.html

Be polite. We encourage debating -- even heated debating -- in the forums, but avoid defamatory statements, personal attacks, racial slurs, name-calling, and cursing at others in the forums.
defamatory: see defame below.

defame: 1. disgrace; 2. to harm the reputation of by libel or slander.

libel: a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt.

slander: the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation.



Artmuzz resorted to namecalling. "Apple fanboys".

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...ml#post5446898

He even resorted to cursing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
oarnura or whoever you are please ******* lighten up!! Sit down relax take a deep breath. The way you are acting here is immature and I don't really care what you think!! All you and that jonathan guy seem to be to me is an attention seeker.

Please go ahead an defend his breaking the rules.

Quote:
I too would like to see a more objective graph for the dual driver one, other than the one that was supplied by Apple. I can’t put much stock in it since it was from them. On Macrumors, if you note in that screen shot I put up, they said the graph looks very smoothed out, and suspect. And that one is regarding the dual driver. Your link takes you right to that very graph. I wonder why it’s so hard to find a more objective graph? I’ve searched thoroughly on Google to no avail
Most manufacturer's graph looks that way.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i-ts.aspx

https://www.nexternal.com/audeoworld.../pfe-graph.png

So are you telling me that those too are fakes too?

My link takes you to that very graph is because I said in that post the Macrumors graph is Apple's graph.

The bottom line here is everything I claimed about the ADDIEM and CX300 can be verified by data and multiple independant reviews.

According to me Artmuzz's behavior is inexcusable. I don't care if he is new on the forums. If he dishes it out he should be man enough to receive it too.

Since he claims he has 20 years of headphone experience he shouldn't need handholding on forum and internet etiquette.
post #94 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
[/B]Art, you did nothing at all to justify the spiteful remarks against you. So you didn't 'qualify' your adjectives properly... ... big deal.
Oh so him calling us Fanboys because we think the ADDIEM is pretty good just means that he didn't 'qualify' his adjectives properly?
post #95 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
You and Soozieq can pretend all you want that we are being unreasonable about this whole thing that doesn't change anything.

I still don't get why you needed to get involved.
Are you guys moderators?
It's not just me and cn11 that have defended the OP.

And you don't have to be a mod to dislike bullying.
post #96 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
It's not just me and cn11 that have defended the OP.

And you don't have to be a mod to dislike bullying.

I have posted the forum rules and Artmuzz has clearly restored to breaking them. Which is why we objected to his behavior.

Jonathan and I have objected to his language and attitude and have said so many times. I have even posted evidence of his bad behavior which is explicitly mentioned as a no-no in the rules.

You seem to be conflating the issues here and adding your own twist. Please point out where I resorted to calling him names or cursing. Also where I criticized his taste.

You seem to want to conveniently gloss over the OPs breaking the rules to justify your position.

Can I argue that you and CN11 are bullying me because I am newer on the forums than you are? Because you are bulling me and have a lot more posts and have been around longer.

I have already asked you how you can defend the OP breaking forums rules. Since you are disregarding that and just dead set on defending the OP you are making head-fi a very hostile place for me and you have been around long. Since your position is any one should be able to express their opinion here with out being bullied . You shouldn't bully me into how I should conduct a heated debate.
post #97 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
No they can't. I was cordial and helpful until the OP called me a Fanboy.

End of story. I'd like an apology for that. Period.
Here's his quote in the fanboy instance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
All I am saying is at £54 I was expecting better. The sound from the Apple Headphones didn't justify the £54 I spent. Everyone has there own idea of what sounds good so there is no argument if I don't like those phones.

Sorry if I am upsetting alot of Apple Fanboys But I am hardly going to try and like them just because they from Apple.

Apple are really good at making computers and laptops and software. I own an iMac, a MacBook and a MacBook Pro and they are the best computers I have ever used aswell as Mac OSX.....but their headphones leave alot to be desired. I would of found them ok but not great if they were only £20 but as I said before at £54 they are not worth it.

I will take them back to Argos and report them as defective but I want a refund instead of another pair.

Everyone has their own idea of what sounds good anyway.


Art
I've reread all his comments, and nowhere does he directly call anyone specifically a fanboy. It's a generality. I guess you read yourself into that one.

Regarding the rules of conduct here, I guess you didn't feel it necessary to mention another poster who outright called the the OP a certain part of the male anatomy. Really mature. I would like to see this thread locked. It's getting absurd.
post #98 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
Here's his quote in the fanboy instance:

I've reread all his comments, and nowhere does he directly call anyone specifically a fanboy. It's a generality. I guess you read yourself into that one.
He is calling any one that disagrees with his positon a fanboy. That includes me and anyone else that has that position on this thread. Which included many experienced Head-fiers.

Sorry you have to do better than that if you want to twist the facts.

The point we are making is that even a general statement that is directed an many head-fiers is distateful. Why do you think it is justified just because he didn't directly respond to someone?

Read below about a directed personal attack by the OP.

Quote:
Regarding the rules of conduct here, I guess you didn't feel it necessary to mention another poster who outright called the the OP a certain part of the male anatomy. Really mature. I think this thread should be locked. It's getting absurd.
Have I done that? No. I posted a quote where Artmuzz directly attacked me by name using a curse word and personal attacks. How convenient that you would ignore it to justify your witch hunt?

BTW you are defending the OP so the subject here is the OP. His behavior instigated this mess and most of his early posts have contained some form of rule breaking.

Yes it is getting absurd. This thread would have died out if you and Cn11 hadn't intervened.

It is also very interesting that you condemn a behavior and are resorting to the same behavior.
post #99 of 141
Oarnura, if you are not a lawyer, you would make a very good one.

Being on the bad side of this very same situation once, with the same person (cn11) riding to the OPs "rescue," I have to say that if you read this thread objectively, from the start, you will see that the OP is the initial transgressor in terms of breaking forum rules. In the end, the facts do matter (personal views of phones aside). And they are pretty clear, which is why I posted in this debate. I know exactly how Oarnura and Jon feel, and, with all due respect Soozieq, I agree with them on this one.
post #100 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
Oarnura, if you are not a lawyer, you would make a very good one.
LOL... may be I should get paid this. Thanks.
post #101 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
Can I argue that you and CN11 are bullying me because I am newer on the forums than you are? Because you are bulling me and have a lot more posts.
Go ahead. Report me. You're clearly ticked off that your joint bullying of the OP was interrupted. If you can ignore someone being persecuted for no good reason, then kudos to you for walking on by and turning a blind eye, nice. However, defending someone against your huge overreaction to a statement that is bandied around here on Head-Fi all the time (Fanboy), and was not directed at you personally - is not called bullying. It's called 'supporting'.

How can you complain that you are being bullied into not jointly bullying another member??? And his 'fanboy' statement was qualified with a smiley I believe, and each and every one of his posts after that was spent trying to explain what he meant. But you and Jonathan just couldn't let it go, and had to keep jointly chipping away at him.

And about the 'rules' you posted. I think you'll find that showing contempt, and ridiculing/bullying another member is not considered appropriate forum behaviour either. Also, one of the other bullies swore and called the OP a dick, remember? But you somehow omitted to include it for reference.

Don't confuse 'bullying' with 'defending'. They're not the same thing.
post #102 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Go ahead. Report me. You're clearly ticked off that your joint bullying of the OP was interrupted. If you can ignore someone being persecuted for no good reason, then kudos to you for walking on by and turning a blind eye, nice. However, defending someone against your huge overreaction to a statement that is bandied around here on Head-Fi all the time (Fanboy), and was not directed at you personally - is not called bullying. It's called 'supporting'.
I was just pointing out the fallacy of your stance. I think any argument can be resolved between the parties involved.

Again you ignore a direct attack by Artmuzz agaisnt me. The quote is just a few posts above. He calls me out by name... what more do you want?

You need to justify your support. Ignoring things that disagree with your stance isn't helping me see your point. I'll post it here again

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...ml#post5446898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
oarnura or whoever you are please ******* lighten up!! Sit down relax take a deep breath. The way you are acting here is immature and I don't really care what you think!! All you and that jonathan guy seem to be to me is an attention seeker.

Anymore pointless replies from you then I have no option but to report it to the moderator and get this post deleted.
Justify that. That is clear as a sunny day in the desert. It is a direct attack with names.


You are confused about bullying. If taking a stance against bad behavior is bullying then I am a bully. Especially when some one directly attacks me and doesn't show decorum when addressing other Head-fiers.
post #103 of 141
Sooz, are disagreeing with someone who made strong "fact-like" statements and bullying the same thing? I just reread the entire thread, and if you are honest, you can see that the OP soon came out blasting, and did refer to (I guess) anyone who disagreed with his assessment as "Apple fanboys." He was offered good advice early, including returning the apparently defective phones (Argos won't at least replace a defective product?), but he just kept on ranting about the benefits of the CX300 and the dark side of Apple. Enough already on this entire matter, but he did in fact get this party started.
post #104 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
Being on the bad side of this very same situation once,
with the same person (cn11) riding to the OPs "rescue,"
Wow! Nice one tstarn06. Now you really have made it personal. Especially as cn11 was diplomatic enough not to 'name and shame' you for the things you've also done to offend and upset other people. Now you're a tell tale too??
Quote:
I know exactly how Oarnura and Jon feel, and, with all due respect Soozieq, I agree with them on this one.
Well, of course you agree. And there's no due respect. You came to this thread for one reason only - to specifically crap on cn11 because he didn't back you up against the OP in the W3 thread. You've been festering about it for months, and this was your opportunity to get back at him. It was evident from your first post with your comment about 'another poster' that you just wanted to get even. Despite the fact he was the bigger person and didn't respond to your provocation, you still had to go one step further and crap on him anyway. Now THAT is provocation. I knew you were ticked off that he didn't back you up on the other thread, but I had no idea you'd go to these lengths in order to get back at him. Naming him was something you couldn't wait to do. Hope you feel better now.

Way to bear a grudge.

oarnura: I haven't overlooked anything. The post you keep referring to was the poor guy's natural reaction to the constant barrage of insults you and Jonathan kept hurling at him. Everyone has their breaking point, and I'm only surprised he didn't break before that. I know I would have done.
post #105 of 141
what the???

i go have dinner and chaos descends, im sure what ever anyone thinks anyone else did i am sure they didint mean it. everyone is very sorry for the misunderstanding.

why dont we all have a kit kat, cup of tea and calm down

alternatively we could all have very large Hendricksand tonics and just forget the thread ever happened
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed