Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed - Page 3

post #31 of 141
Well, if you know it's just an opinion, perhaps your comments should be qualified a little. A lot of the time, you sound like CX300 is objectively better than ADDIEM, etc.
post #32 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
Well, if you know it's just an opinion, perhaps your comments should be qualified a little. A lot of the time, you sound like CX300 is objectively better than ADDIEM, etc.
Well everyone has there own taste and its the first time i've been disappointed with an Apple product. Please don't take offence if I don't like their headphones.


Art
post #33 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
Well everyone has there own taste and its the first time i've been disappointed with an Apple product. Please don't take offence if I don't like their headphones.
Art
I don't. In fact, I'm not the ADDIEM's biggest fan either. I like my ER-6i better, but I'm not dogmatic about it. Am I, oarnura? I hope not. I'm not so much "offended" by your preference of CX300 over ADDIEM, than slightly irritated by the tone with which you express said preference.
post #34 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
I don't. In fact, I'm not the ADDIEM's biggest fan either. I like my ER-6i better, but I'm not dogmatic about it. Am I, oarnura?
Not at all. In fact, I returned the ADDIEM because of the SCL4 $80 deal. I still think the ADDIEM is fine for the price.

Quote:
I hope not. I'm not so much "offended" by your preference of CX300 over ADDIEM, than slightly irritated by the tone with which you express said preference.
I am irritated by the "Know it all" attitude more than the preference. Especially when many people are chiming in saying the ADDIEM is quite good for the price. Artmuzz insists his opinion is fact.
post #35 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
Not at all. In fact, I returned the ADDIEM because of the SCL4 $80 deal. I still think the ADDIEM is fine for the price.



I am irritated by the "Know it all" attitude more than the preference. Especially when many people are chiming in saying the ADDIEM is quite good for the price. Artmuzz insists his opinion is fact.
You have the wrong idea... I wasn't saying it as a fact just an opinion that I have heard better headphones at cheaper prices. You seem to be taking my quote the wrong way.


Art
post #36 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
You have the wrong idea... I wasn't saying it as a fact just an opinion that I have heard better headphones at cheaper prices. You seem to be taking my quote the wrong way.
"Better headphones at cheaper prices" is not stating an opinion. "I like the CX300 better" is an opinion...

When you claim A is better than B it is a statement of fact. You have to have proof to make that claim such as a frequency response plot of A showing better response. A distortion plot likewise showing a better response.

You are free to qualify a statement with "In my opinion".

However, making claims like "I was duped", "Apple should charge less or stop making headphones" is not stating opinion it is the very definition of vitriol.

Vitriol definiton:
1. something highly caustic or severe in effect, as criticism.
2. Bitterly abusive feeling or expression.
post #37 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
You have the wrong idea... I wasn't saying it as a fact just an opinion that I have heard better headphones at cheaper prices. You seem to be taking my quote the wrong way.

Art
Art, ignore the minority who are giving you a hard time!! Not worth it. The main thing is you can take the phones back as defective and not be out of pocket. Just refuse the replacement you know Argos are going to offer you
post #38 of 141
someone here mentioned that herman kardon makes these, herman kardon dosnt make IEM´s, they subcontract them from ety, and i double ety would ever make a dual armature....
post #39 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Art, ignore the minority who are giving you a hard time!! Not worth it.
Do you think it's not worth it to learn how to say what one means respectfully?
post #40 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
Do you think it's not worth it to learn how to say what one means respectfully?
I think it's worth learning that this is an audio forum, and not boot camp. He didn't attack anyone personally, he just gave his opinion on some earphones he bought that he thought were worse than the CX300. There's no reason for the continued hostile comments towards him simply because you don't believe he was 'respectful' enough in his wording. Maybe your own wording leaves something to be desired, would you like it if someone keeps hammering on at you about it?
post #41 of 141
Yea, I'd like to be told if I was saying things I didn't mean. Art was stating his/her preferences and opinions, but was using words like "better", "superior", "duped", "greedy", etc. I (and oarnura, but I don't presume to speak on his behalf) just think that Art should have expressed himself less dogmatically. It'll make his future interactions smoother too. Certainly, I'm happy to receive criticism about my use of language. It's a tricky thing, social interaction.
post #42 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Art, ignore the minority who are giving you a hard time!! Not worth it. The main thing is you can take the phones back as defective and not be out of pocket. Just refuse the replacement you know Argos are going to offer you
Thanks mate. I couldn't understand all the hostile replies just because I was making an opinion that with the price I paid for those Apple phones they just didn't impress me. The reason I used words like "Duped" and "Greedy" was because I was very angry about spending that kind of money on phones only to find the other phones I spent less money on had a much better sound.

Those phones are the only product I have bought from Apple that I have been very disappointed with. Apple do make excellent Macs, iMacs, MacBooks and iPods but their headphone didn't impress me.

Art
post #43 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
I (and oarnura, but I don't presume to speak on his behalf) just think that
Art should have expressed himself less dogmatically.
Fair enough, but the majority of people in this thread didn't appear to have any problem with his comments at all. You seem to have taken offence at his choice of adjectives: "better", "superior", "duped", "greedy", but that's his opinion because he assumed he would prefer them over a cheaper pair of CX300. And I also felt "duped" when I had the Shure SE420, and ended up preferring the much cheaper SE210! I just don't think it's up to any of us to decide how someone 'should' express their disappointment over a purchase, or to decide what adjectives are 'acceptable' to use in these instances.
post #44 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Fair enough, but the majority of people in this thread didn't appear to have any problem with his comments at all. You seem to have taken offence at his choice of adjectives: "better", "superior", "duped", "greedy", but that's his opinion because he assumed he would prefer them over a cheaper pair of CX300. And I also felt "duped" when I had the Shure SE420, and ended up preferring the much cheaper SE210! I just don't think it's up to any of us to decide how someone 'should' express their disappointment over a purchase, or to decide what adjectives are 'acceptable' to use in these instances.
Did you make comments to the effect "Shure should stick to making microphones and get out of the IEM business"?

Oh it got personal alright. Just when he started calling those that said the ADDIEM were good, "Apple Fanboys". He can express his opinion but name calling is pretty immature.
post #45 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
Thanks mate. I couldn't understand all the hostile replies just because I was making an opinion that with the price I paid for those Apple phones they just didn't impress me. The reason I used words like "Duped" and "Greedy" was because I was very angry about spending that kind of money on phones only to find the other phones I spent less money on had a much better sound.
In your opinion....

Quote:
Those phones are the only product I have bought from Apple that I have been very disappointed with. Apple do make excellent Macs, iMacs, MacBooks and iPods but their headphone didn't impress me.
Why did you post that information on Head-Fi? Were you looking for validation? a Solution? Did you receive a suggestion from a member here to get those particular IEM?

You posted your opinion. You got feedback on that opinion. Some one mentioned that you didn't get a proper seal. You decided to go on a tirade. That is when Jonathan and I stepped in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed