Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed - Page 2

post #16 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
Unfortunately, I bought them from Argos in UK. They only give refunds to items that haven't been open

Art
2 years ago I bought some Sony noise cancelling headphones (Before I was obsessed with quality) The wire inside snapped so I went back to return them and they did it... maybe their policy has changed or something.
post #17 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
Today I bought the Griffith SmartTalk mic for my iPod Touch and I am happy with them with my excellent Sennheiser CX300 phones. They also were about £40 cheaper. I can use the SmartTalk record audio with Beatmaker and enjoy the music with the Sennheiser phones.

excellent Sennheiser CX300

That explains it! Apple has a excellent return policy they will take it back.

The product is good but your expectations are for a different sound signature. No one was duped here.

The ADDIEM is more flat in the frequency response than the CX300. Flat response is generally considered good in Audio. Consumers aren't used to flat response. They like their bass boomy and bloated.

There is no harm in that but calling a product fraudulent because it doesn't match you taste is pretty silly.

The reason they are getting good reviews is because they are quite good for the money and features they offer iPod users.

Audio is a presonal preference like food. If you don't like them return them.

Update:- I just read the post that you didn't buy it from Apple. Sorry! Since you claim there is distortion on the left earphone can't you return it as defective?
post #18 of 141
Indeed, such a vitriolic response to a pair of headphones is unjustified, coming from someone who loves a low-end headphone that isn't even considered the best in its price range.
post #19 of 141
I pretty much agree with what oarnura said. I had to return my first pair too, due to defective remote. I was quite please with the ADDIEM for $79. It's flat frequency respond is what got me into desiring high-end IEMs. Bass-heavy IEMs that I once considered excellent such as UE metro.fi serie are not worth listening to now.
post #20 of 141
Thread Starter 
All I am saying is at £54 I was expecting better. The sound from the Apple Headphones didn't justify the £54 I spent. Everyone has there own idea of what sounds good so there is no argument if I don't like those phones.

Sorry if I am upsetting alot of Apple Fanboys But I am hardly going to try and like them just because they from Apple.

Apple are really good at making computers and laptops and software. I own an iMac, a MacBook and a MacBook Pro and they are the best computers I have ever used aswell as Mac OSX.....but their headphones leave alot to be desired. I would of found them ok but not great if they were only £20 but as I said before at £54 they are not worth it.

I will take them back to Argos and report them as defective but I want a refund instead of another pair.

Everyone has their own idea of what sounds good anyway.


Art
post #21 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
Indeed, such a vitriolic response to a pair of headphones is unjustified, coming from someone who loves a low-end headphone that isn't even considered the best in its price range.
So what are you saying? The Apple phones are worth the money even though the Sennheiser is cheaper and better sounding than the Apple phones.


Art
post #22 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
All I am saying is at £54 I was expecting better. The sound from the Apple Headphones didn't justify the £54 I spent. Everyone has there own idea of what sounds good so there is no argument if I don't like those phones.

Sorry if I am upsetting alot of Apple Fanboys But I am hardly going to try and like them just because they from Apple.

Apple are really good at making computers and laptops and software. I own an iMac, a MacBook and a MacBook Pro and they are the best computers I have ever used aswell as Mac OSX.....but their headphones leave alot to be desired. I would of found them ok but not great if they were only £20 but as I said before at £54 they are not worth it.

All you stated is your opinion. A lot of people here disagree with that opinion. You were advised to return them if you didn't like them. Reiterating that flawed opinion isn't wise.

Name calling on your part is even more silly. Your opinion means nothing to me at this point. I couldn't care less how much you like your CX300 vs the ADDIEM or if you think Apple shouldn't make IEMs.

The CX300 have a pretty bad reputation here. I would never ever consider buying a CX300, never have. If that's your opinion of excellent IEMs more power to you.

You probably posted here thinking you would get support for bashing the Apple IEM.

So sorry to disappoint you.
post #23 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
So what are you saying? The Apple phones are worth the money even though the Sennheiser is cheaper and better sounding than the Apple phones.


Art
I think he is saying people here consider the CX300 to be pretty bad. Your vitriolic defense for them is surprising.
post #24 of 141
not a bad reputation but a reputation for overpowering bass with sharp flighty treble and weird warbling. for the asking price they are not bad.. just not very good.

VITRIOLIC!!! FTW
post #25 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
All you stated is your opinion. A lot of people here disagree with that opinion. You were advised to return them if you didn't like them. Reiterating that flawed opinion isn't wise.

Name calling on your part is even more silly. Your opinion means nothing to me at this point. I couldn't care less how much you like your CX300 vs the ADDIEM or if you think Apple shouldn't make IEMs.

The CX300 have a pretty bad reputation here. I would never ever consider buying a CX300, never have. If that's your opinion of excellent IEMs more power to you.

You probably posted here thinking you would get support for bashing the Apple IEM.

So sorry to disappoint you.
hahaha oh dear!! Well atleast all the good reviews about the CX300 were right. So sorry to disappoint you there. Plus they were alot cheaper than the horrible Apple phones.
post #26 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post
not a bad reputation but a reputation for overpowering bass with sharp flighty treble and weird warbling. for the asking price they are not bad.. just not very good.

VITRIOLIC!!! FTW
Sounds pretty bad to me..
post #27 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
hahaha oh dear!! Well atleast all the good reviews about the CX300 were right. So sorry to disappoint you there. Plus they were alot cheaper than the horrible Apple phones.
ROTFLMAO.
post #28 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
ROTFLMAO.
Me too at your your quote.
post #29 of 141
Meh. Artmuzz, we disagree about whether CX300 or ADDIEM is a better headphone. I - and a lot of others here - prefer ADDIEM by a long shot. Ergo, I think ADDIEM is good for its price, especially given the mic, etc.

Now, let's be clear. You're not wrong to prefer CX300. You're not wrong to like these headphones. At least not unless you're an objectivist with respect to aesthetics, which I'm not (today, anyway). But the majority of us (I submit, without providing empirical evidence) don't think very highly of CX300. So, statistically speaking, the opinions of someone who thinks highly of CX300 is less useful to others. All this talk about reviews being "right" or "wrong" smacks of objectivism, unless by that you mean "correlates with your personal experience and preference."

I'm not confident that I'd been clear. Here's another shot: If 90% of Head-Fiers think that Headphone A is better than Headphone B, then on average, it's more likely that a random individual would prefer A than B. It's not to say that tne 10% are "wrong", just they their opinions are less useful to the random individual. Yes?
post #30 of 141
Thread Starter 
VITRIOLIC!!! hmmm just because I voiced my own opinion on the Apple phones. I didn't mean to come out strong its just an opinion.

I have always loved Apple's designs in products and the Apple phones look good but they just dont cut it sound wise and are not worth 54 quid.

Nevermind


Art
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed