Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed - Page 9

post #121 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
@ oarnura So have you tried out the new Apple Headphones then? Eh? Just don't come to the conclusion that they are great just because reviews say so. Remember people have their own preferences when it comes to sound, vision and taste. Remember that!
Yes I have personally listened to the ADDIEM for a solid 10 days.

Why do you think you need to remind me of a point I made to you early on in the thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...ml#post5443699

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
excellent Sennheiser CX300

That explains it! Apple has a excellent return policy they will take it back.

The product is good but your expectations are for a different sound signature. No one was duped here.

The ADDIEM is more flat in the frequency response than the CX300. Flat response is generally considered good in Audio. Consumers aren't used to flat response. They like their bass boomy and bloated.

There is no harm in that but calling a product fraudulent because it doesn't match you taste is pretty silly.


The reason they are getting good reviews is because they are quite good for the money and features they offer iPod users.

Audio is a presonal preference like food. If you don't like them return them.

Update:- I just read the post that you didn't buy it from Apple. Sorry! Since you claim there is distortion on the left earphone can't you return it as defective?

That response to you was in page 2 of this thread. Why do you think I don't understand that Audio is personal taste?

Since it is personal taste can you not then agree that the ADDIEM is not to your taste. Why then do you think that you can tell me that my liking the ADDIEM is Fanboyism?

Double standard much?
post #122 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by communic View Post
Shock Horror!! Did this really get this heated because the word fanboy was used?! Hard to tell with the amount of editing...
No, that's not the issue. Just a small part of it, in fact.
post #123 of 141
meh, fine dont let it drop. no skin off my nose
post #124 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by communic View Post
Shock Horror!! Did this really get this heated because the word fanboy was used?! Hard to tell with the amount of editing...
No the whole problem is that I only voiced out an opinion that I wasn't impressed with the Apple in ear Headphones for the price they were. I was a bit pissed off about it that I used bad language like "Horrible and Duped". If that is bad language then pigs will fly hahaha. I didn't mean to be vicious when describing how I felt about the phones it just came out that way to the posters who were offended just because of a stupid pair of headphones.

Art
post #125 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
No the whole problem is that I only voiced out an opinion that I wasn't impressed with the Apple in ear Headphones for the price they were. I was a bit pissed off about it that I used bad language like "Horrible and Duped". If that is bad language then pigs will fly hahaha. I didn't mean to be vicious when describing how I felt about the phones it just came out that way to the posters who were offended just because of a stupid pair of headphones.

Art
If that is the best you can do as an apology then I will accept it. Cheers.

Congrats for making it to my ignore list. You and a two others on this thread are the only ones I have ever had to do that about on any forum I have been involved in.
post #126 of 141
Wow tstarn, way to drag this thread off topic by dredging up the past. Obviously you have some axe to grind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarn06 View Post
I came into this fray because I saw the same person do the same thing that I took offense to, nothing more. I think I have a right. I didn't crap on anyone. Is that getting even? Doubtful. I wanted to point out that this seems to be his M.O. He feels he must swoop in and defend the poor, defenseless posters on Head-Fi who say certain things in a very harsh and nasty way, and then are called on it.

]
In six years of membership here I have only "swept in to the defense of a poor defenseless poster" twice, and that includes the OP of this thread. I can't even begin to count how many times you had to chide members for posting negative comments about one of your beloved 'phones. Who's defending obsessively? You may not be doing it for an actual person, but for earphones for goodness sake. I guess that’s easier because an earphone can’t speak for itself. To me it does seem that you have chosen this thread to get even with me for a past instance. And I’ll note that you have been in each thread before I was involved, both times furthering your cause. So I’m ‘quick to sweep in’? Doubtful.

And in case you claim this is ‘just my opinion’, there have been other posters who have also commented on your obsession with defending your earphones against any negative posts. Members who have told you to ‘drop it’, or ‘let it go’, so this isn’t a rare occurrence for you. Yet you point out my defense of other members like it’s a regular thing. Two people in six years??? Why not go pull some quotes from the thread where I defended the other person, so everyone can be informed as to my sheriff tendencies. Also, interesting that you edited your first post that made first mention of the past thread and me…even though it appears quoted in soozieq’s reply below. Reason?

As for your comment that the mods haven't closed this thread because oarnura's posts are acceptable, then the OP's posts must be ok too, correct?
post #127 of 141
I tried to PM you, but your PM box is full.

As I said earlier, I don't believe I have to defend myself against a self-designated two-person posse gathered to protect poor, innocent Head-Fi'ers. I have had some minor dust-ups, sure, but so what? Who hasn't? Apart from you, that is.

It's part of the Sturm and Drang of an interesting, vibrant forum, one that isn't always about getting together for a rousing performance of Kumbaya.

Anyway, I am weary of this, so as Oarnura has done, I am going to put you on my ignore list. I suggest you do the same for me. Perfect solution.

As for the OP's posts being acceptable, that sort of goes right to the issue. He made his views known, some people took umbrage with those views and gave some pretty good reasons why. He persisted in his line of reasoning, and then basically started the labeling, etc. Really, this didn't turn into a free for all it had become until you and Soozieq stepped in to "moderate."

As for your six-year record and just two examples of Good Samaritanism, I have no way of knowing that to be true. The only two times it's happened that I have seen, you were involved both times. That's all I have to go on. As for the "too many to count" times I have tangled with others, funny how not one of them ever PM'd me or complained to a mod about it. Most of the time, we agreed to disagree and left it at that.

As for the "it's only earphones, for goodness sakes" comment. I remind you that on several of your posts (I do read them), the exuberance you display for "just headphones" is hardly anything less than over the top. You can't have it both ways: Acting like it's no big deal, it's just headphones, when a disagreement occurs, but then acting like a 5-year-old on Xmas when you get your latest pair of IEMs. It doesn't jibe.

No, no axe to grind. Just found it interesting that I have seen just two nearly identical examples of this type of situation and you were involved in both of them.
post #128 of 141
I'd like to know what I've said that can be construed as personal attacks, please. I'm willing to learn how to express myself appropriately.
post #129 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanjong View Post
please. I'm willing to learn how to express myself appropriately.
Well, start by using these terms..

"Hepcats", "That'll Flat Git It", "The Joint Really Jumps", "Crazy Man Crazy", "Thats a real BarnBurner".....


That is music to my ears daddy-o! Now excuse while I listen to the knocked out bass on my Phonaks...
post #130 of 141
I'm not taking sides, but can the OP just describe why you prefer the CX300 over the apple variant in-depth? Moreover, can you tell us what other headphones or IEMs you've used extensively besides those two.

If you do that, maybe others will have a better understanding of how you came about your preference.
post #131 of 141
Sanctimonious, preachy, PIA is my job around here .... so everybody else please drop it. 9 pages of nit-picking and bickering with each other is more than enough. Either start posting on topic in this thead, or go away.

Thank you.
post #132 of 141
I think the problem here is that the OP did not listen to right type of music to compare the advantages of the apples had over the cx300. If he was listening to a lot of hip hop (where it's all about the boomy bass), the cx300 is the clear winner.
post #133 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrice View Post
I think the problem here is that the OP did not listen to right type of music to compare the advantages of the apples had over the cx300. If he was listening to a lot of hip hop (where it's all about the boomy bass), the cx300 is the clear winner.

The type of music I was playing was Rock, 1980's pop, Electronica, Synth and New Age music when comparing those phones. to me the Sennheiser CX300 and Sony MDR-EX082 had more life and bass to them compared to the Apple phones and that was with the EQ setting set to both off and on on my iPod Touch. I tried the Apple phones with my Cowon D2 and Sony S639F and still the Apple phones were poor IMHO.


Art
post #134 of 141
Art, have you returned the phones to Argos yet, or at least tried? Whether or not a product are poor or otherwise, if you do not enjoy them (and it is pretty clear you do not), just replace them asap. If bass is what you seek, get a CX 95 or C551 instead.
post #135 of 141
Why do you guys care so much what the OP thinks of Apple IEM? I'll bet 99% of the Apple IEM owners don't really give a crap whether Art likes them or not. I dunno why some of you who don't even OWN them get so worked up....

At the end of the day, you need to realize "it just doesn't matter"!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed