Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed - Page 8

post #106 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post

oarnura: I haven't overlooked anything. The post you keep referring to was the poor guy's natural reaction to the constant barrage of insults you and Jonathan kept hurling at him. Everyone has their breaking point, and I'm only surprised he didn't break before that. I know I would have done.

I see no post of mine that "insulted" Artmuzz. I would like you to prove it. Your misguided attempt at defense not withstanding there are many that are clearly pointing out that you are wrong.

Yes everyone has a breaking point. The OP crossed mine and I had a natural defense against the attack. You need to make some cogent and coherent arguments as to why to you think my "natural reaction" to a barrage of disrespectful posts by Artmuzz is less justified.

If you can't you need to stop this thread here.

Your argument that he is new here is deeply flawed. I am newer than you are to this forum so by your rationale you have no right to tell me what I can and can not say because you have been here longer.

Your defense of the OP is unjustified. That is my opinion. You have no formal function on this forum to moderate discussions. Your "good samaritan" attitude is not a good justification.
post #107 of 141
To Soozie. Sorry you took that the wrong way, it wasn't meant to be negative like that. Females are more likely to want to protect someone who is being picked on. I didn't really think there was anything wrong with my statement. Guys do it too, but females, especially mothers seem to do it naturally and more often. I never said it was a bad thing you decided to defend him, but I do not see a reason for you to do so.

It seems to me a couple people here have a double standard. I have posted what myself and oarnura/jonathan seemed to find offensive multiple times and it's being ignored. It's acceptable to trash headphones but it's not okay to tell the person he's wrong or you don't feel they're qualified to do so? And I don't know if I called him a dick, but I said he sure was acting like one in this thread. I don't think that's out of line.

Also, you say I've only been here a month so I'm not allowed to say things like that. I think if you read through most of my posts you'll find I try and be extremely helpful whenever possible. I often make suggestions to people based on their likes/dislikes/budget etc. And if I'm not allowed to talk like that, how is the OP allowed to get away with what he says and it's acceptable? If he's newer, he should be even more cordial.

I just wonder how this double standard got developed in this particular thread. Everyone seems to be all riled up and taking offense just because, or arguing for the sake of arguing.

My opinion is the OP was out of line on several occasions, and does not deserve to be babied. He posted insulting the headphones and making bold claims, and he got called out on it. Big deal. You don't need to protect him, and I see no reason to condone his behaviour but condemn people who were doing the exact same thing, but in response and not unprovoked.
post #108 of 141
What a crock. cn11 decided to take it upon himself to defend the OP in that thread, an OP who pretty much did exactly the same kinds of things this OP did (make harsh, from the hip comments).

A tell tale? What? No. I was just struck by the fact that exactly the same thing happened to me on another thread, months ago, and the same person injected himself into the fray in much the same way. Is that making it personal? I guess if I was relating my experience in much the same situation, sure it was personal. Is it a coincidence that cn11 did exactly the same thing to me in another thread when I dared disagreed with a post that was more bluster and hostility than fact, or any pretense at even being humble enough to qualify the specific statements he made about the Westone 3 as his own impressions, and not a universal truth? I think not.

I came into this fray because I saw the same person do the same thing that I took offense to, nothing more. I think I have a right. I didn't crap on anyone. Is that getting even? Doubtful. I wanted to point out that this seems to be his M.O. He feels he must swoop in and defend the poor, defenseless posters on Head-Fi who say certain things in a very harsh and nasty way, and then are called on it.

Freedom of speech cuts both ways is the point. The OP can say whatever he wants, and people are allowed to disagree. He began with the name-calling, etc. Oarnura's fact-based outline of the proceedings just seems to make no difference, it's pretty obvious.

On balance, I will stake my rep on Head-Fi with anyone's when it comes to being a good member, including yours.

Things can get testy on forums, of course. I'd suggest that if that bugs you, maybe they aren't a place for you. I read the threads, and saw no real personal attacks on the OP until he started using labels, etc. It's all been said already.

As for cn11, I never asked nor expected him to back me up on that other thread. In fact, he wasn't even part of the thread until he decided to ride to the rescue. Of course, I did feel he was on the wrong side of that specific situation. That's my right. In fact, I could care less that he "backed me up" or not. I don't need his or your validation to feel what I posted in that situation was right. And I stand by that right now.

Diplomatic? Bigger man than me? Enough already. If he decided to take on the role of sheriff on Head-Fi, along with yourself, with the badges comes the flak. Oarnura's right. If there was any issue with the posts by Oarnura, the mods would have stepped in. They didn't. Someone calling the OP a "dick" (or saying he was actling like one) wasn't nice, but it was after the OP posted a curse at Oarnura. Again, the OP invited debate with his harsh and arguable comments. He got what he wanted, apparently.

I have no grudge. Never did. But when I see it happen twice in the same exact way, I thought it was worth noting as part of the overall debate.


]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozieq View Post
Wow! Nice one tstarn06. Now you really have made it personal. Especially as cn11 was diplomatic enough not to 'name and shame' you for the things you've also done to offend and upset other people. Now you're a tell tale too??

Well, of course you agree. And there's no due respect. You came to this thread for one reason only - to specifically crap on cn11 because he didn't back you up against the OP in the W3 thread. You've been festering about it for months, and this was your opportunity to get back at him. It was evident from your first post with your comment about 'another poster' that you just wanted to get even. Despite the fact he was the bigger person and didn't respond to your provocation, you still had to go one step further and crap on him anyway. Now THAT is provocation. I knew you were ticked off that he didn't back you up on the other thread, but I had no idea you'd go to these lengths in order to get back at him. Naming him was something you couldn't wait to do. Hope you feel better now.

Way to bear a grudge.

oarnura: I haven't overlooked anything. The post you keep referring to was the poor guy's natural reaction to the constant barrage of insults you and Jonathan kept hurling at him. Everyone has their breaking point, and I'm only surprised he didn't break before that. I know I would have done.
post #109 of 141
"It's acceptable to trash headphones but it's not okay to tell the person he's wrong or you don't feel they're qualified to do so? And I don't know if I called him a dick, but I said he sure was acting like one in this thread. I don't think that's out of line."

erm earphones are just lumps of metal and plastic, so yeah its okay to trash them. litterally if you want to.

frankly if you think the op is totally wrong explain why you think they are totally wrong, give them the benefit of your wisdom, teach them to know better.

is this not the point of head fi???
post #110 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
To Soozie. Sorry you took that the wrong way, it wasn't meant to be negative like that. Females are more likely to want to protect someone who is being picked on. I didn't really think there was anything wrong with my statement. Guys do it too, but females, especially mothers seem to do it naturally and more often. I never said it was a bad thing you decided to defend him, but I do not see a reason for you to do so.

It seems to me a couple people here have a double standard. I have posted what myself and oarnura/jonathan seemed to find offensive multiple times and it's being ignored. It's acceptable to trash headphones but it's not okay to tell the person he's wrong or you don't feel they're qualified to do so? And I don't know if I called him a dick, but I said he sure was acting like one in this thread. I don't think that's out of line.

Also, you say I've only been here a month so I'm not allowed to say things like that. I think if you read through most of my posts you'll find I try and be extremely helpful whenever possible. I often make suggestions to people based on their likes/dislikes/budget etc. And if I'm not allowed to talk like that, how is the OP allowed to get away with what he says and it's acceptable? If he's newer, he should be even more cordial.

I just wonder how this double standard got developed in this particular thread. Everyone seems to be all riled up and taking offense just because, or arguing for the sake of arguing.

My opinion is the OP was out of line on several occasions, and does not deserve to be babied. He posted insulting the headphones and making bold claims, and he got called out on it. Big deal. You don't need to protect him, and I see no reason to condone his behaviour but condemn people who were doing the exact same thing, but in response and not unprovoked.
X2 on those points as well.
post #111 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
"It's acceptable to trash headphones but it's not okay to tell the person he's wrong or you don't feel they're qualified to do so? And I don't know if I called him a dick, but I said he sure was acting like one in this thread. I don't think that's out of line."

erm earphones are just lumps of metal and plastic, so yeah its okay to trash them. litterally if you want to.

frankly if you think the op is totally wrong explain why you think they are totally wrong, give them the benefit of your wisdom, teach them to know better.

is this not the point of head fi???
The point here is not that he trashed headphones. Let's get that straight.

He claimed his opinions on his pet lumps of plastic overrode anyone elses here on head-fi. He even went so far as to say that if anyone disagrees it is because they are "Apple Fanboys". When people disagreed and said that he was out of line, he went on to make personal attacks and used curse words.

That is the point of contention. Soozieq and Cn11 just instigated a flamewar based on some flimsy "good smaritan" defense high horse.

We did explain to the OP multiple times why he was wrong. We did that nicely and decently. The OP just came out guns blazing.

Go ahead read the thread from the beginning tell me if my take on the whole issue is incorrect.

UPDATE:- In fact, I didn't even tell the OP he was wrong. I told him the ADDIEM was probably not to his taste given his preference for the CX300.
They have different sound signatures. Just because they have different sound signatures and he prefers one over the other does not make the ADDIEM a horrible product and he shouldn't feel duped by Apple.

I would love to see how some one can construe that as attacking and insulting.
post #112 of 141
Sounds good on paper, Mark. But reading the posts doesn't seem like the OP was in a learning frame of mind.

I have no problem with someone trashing headphones, but when someone rebuts it with some well-reasoned responses and the OP keeps going on the negative path, then "educating" someone isn't going to be very effective.

I have no beef with you, but the way I've been painted here, I am Mr. Nasty. Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
"It's acceptable to trash headphones but it's not okay to tell the person he's wrong or you don't feel they're qualified to do so? And I don't know if I called him a dick, but I said he sure was acting like one in this thread. I don't think that's out of line."

erm earphones are just lumps of metal and plastic, so yeah its okay to trash them. litterally if you want to.

frankly if you think the op is totally wrong explain why you think they are totally wrong, give them the benefit of your wisdom, teach them to know better.

is this not the point of head fi???
post #113 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
"It's acceptable to trash headphones but it's not okay to tell the person he's wrong or you don't feel they're qualified to do so? And I don't know if I called him a dick, but I said he sure was acting like one in this thread. I don't think that's out of line."

erm earphones are just lumps of metal and plastic, so yeah its okay to trash them. litterally if you want to.

frankly if you think the op is totally wrong explain why you think they are totally wrong, give them the benefit of your wisdom, teach them to know better.

is this not the point of head fi???
X2 on those points as well.
post #114 of 141
So...Could we get back to how the headphones sound?
post #115 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaquib View Post
So...Could we get back to how the headphones sound?
Use the search function there is another thread about the Apple Dual Driver IEM. That one has a good review and many posts on people's impression of the ADDIEM.
post #116 of 141
Good idea, but to me, this post has lost it's original purpose.
post #117 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by oarnura View Post
The point here is not that he trashed headphones. Let's get that straight.

He claimed his opinions on his pet lumps of plastic overrode anyone elses here on head-fi. He even went so far as to say that if anyone disagrees it is because they are "Apple Fanboys". When people disagreed and said that he was out of line, he went on to make personal attacks and used curse words.

That is the point of contention. Soozieq and Cn11 just instigated a flamewar based on some flimsy "good smaritan" defense high horse.

We did explain to the OP multiple times why he was wrong. We did that nicely and decently. The OP just came out guns blazing.

Go ahead read the thread from the beginning tell me if my take on the whole issue is incorrect.
well i took his little smilley face when he said apple fanboy to mean he was taking everything in good spirits, i just really dont what people are getting upset over, its just headphones

chill people its all supposed to be fun, enjoyable, musical, like i said earlyer why dont we all go have a kit kat and cup of tea and just forget the whole brew ha ha took place?
post #118 of 141
Thread Starter 
@ oarnura So have you tried out the new Apple Headphones then? Eh? Just don't come to the conclusion that they are great just because reviews say so. Remember people have their own preferences when it comes to sound, vision and taste. Remember that!

Anyway all this behaviour from you and the other posters that have been giving me hassle is becoming boring.



Art
post #119 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
well i took his little smilley face when he said apple fanboy to mean he was taking everything in good spirits, i just really dont what people are getting upset over, its just headphones
This is just an illustration to make a point don't take it personally.

You are an a*****e

Does the smiley face make that less of an insult. So according to you and Soozieq adding a smiley face at the end of any insult would neutralize it. So I have carte blanche to use it.

Go further down the thread and tell me if the OP was taking everything in good spirits or if his response to my posts were justified.
post #120 of 141
Shock Horror!! Did this really get this heated because the word fanboy was used?! Hard to tell with the amount of editing...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple in-ear Headphones - Not Impressed