I might... but only to close friends... just so I can borrow them anytime
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax amp in Los Angeles area Last post on 8/7/11 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- closed back headphone for working area? Last post on 8/17/10 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- FX700 v. Stax SR-001 Mk2 Last post on 3/15/11 at 8:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial Last post on 1/3/17 at 11:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Impressions Thread - Page 6post #76 of 1109/22/12 at 11:42pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 1109/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #78 of 1109/23/12 at 5:38pmpost #79 of 1101/4/13 at 4:44am
Just got mine today, a mint SR-001 with the portable adapter and I must say with musicality it would definitely give my ES5 customs a run for it's money if I still those around. The sound resembles that of my Lambda Pro's in many areas alas bit more warmth to the treble range but damn they are fairly comfortable (at least for me), really thinking of putting my IE8's on for sale.post #80 of 1101/6/13 at 6:20pmpost #81 of 1101/7/13 at 12:27am
Indeed, but now I'm on the hunt for some replacement cables either the pro-bias one's from the SR-003 or the normal ones that fit into the SRM-001 portable amplifier.post #82 of 1101/7/13 at 5:26pmpost #83 of 1101/7/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Slowly pull the plastic cable mould from the speakers, slowly. You need to make sure the in-ear speakers are not in the headband housing, make sure it's removed. Also I've read that it's not good to remove it all the time as it weakens the inner retention contacts.post #84 of 11011/14/13 at 10:55ampost #85 of 11012/29/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by dogears
There was a hum/noise on the left driver of my babies so I opened it up. Then opened the right driver and copied the order of the layers:
Here's the config:
After putting it back, the noise is softer but its still there... does anyone know how to totally remove it? Or the contacts just need cleaning?
You will have to clean everything - THOROUGHLY. The noise is coming from some sort od contact - either made mechanicaly(paricle of dust, hair, other unmentionables ) - or some electrical shorting. Please note that electrostatics see as "short" extremely high impedances - which may well be unmeasurable using a simple multimeter instrument. Good lighting, stereo microscope (or at least a good loupe ) - and you should see if there is anything bridging the gap, incluiding at the very edge where diaphragm is clamped. You can use carbon fibre brush for cleaning anyalog vinyl records to "sweep" the diaphragm on both sides, then check for any remains under microscope.
If that does not remedy the situation, the driver has somewhere deteriorated and official service/replacement is the only option.post #86 of 1101/1/14 at 10:31pmpost #87 of 1102/8/14 at 6:38am
What is the gear you use for your Stax Sr-001?
I am currently using mine with the Fiio X3 (sometimes with my cd player). And I never use it with my iPod Classic: the SQ is poor to say the least...
And what about you?post #88 of 1102/13/14 at 1:07ampost #89 of 1102/23/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
NiZn improves the sound a lot.post #90 of 1102/23/14 at 11:42pm
Although I have not tried NiZn batteries yet, even NiMH - or better still, NiCd - is an improvement over alkalines. The reason is internal resistance of the batteries; the lower, the better. Nicd > NiMH >>> alkaline. I have to check NiZn for the internal resistance, but IIRC it is good - and is 1.5 V, like alkaline and unlike NiCd and NiMH, which are 1.2 V. The only problem is relatively limited availability, necessity to use appropriate charger, both leading to higher cost.
But in view of baby Stax - totally worth it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 17 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 22 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 38 seconds ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 57 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 3 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear