I might... but only to close friends... just so I can borrow them anytime
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax amp in Los Angeles area Last post on 8/7/11 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- closed back headphone for working area? Last post on 8/17/10 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- FX700 v. Stax SR-001 Mk2 Last post on 3/15/11 at 8:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial Last post on 3/5/14 at 3:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread - Page 6post #76 of 979/22/12 at 11:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 979/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #78 of 979/23/12 at 5:38pmpost #79 of 971/4/13 at 4:44am
Just got mine today, a mint SR-001 with the portable adapter and I must say with musicality it would definitely give my ES5 customs a run for it's money if I still those around. The sound resembles that of my Lambda Pro's in many areas alas bit more warmth to the treble range but damn they are fairly comfortable (at least for me), really thinking of putting my IE8's on for sale.post #80 of 971/6/13 at 6:20pmpost #81 of 971/7/13 at 12:27am
Indeed, but now I'm on the hunt for some replacement cables either the pro-bias one's from the SR-003 or the normal ones that fit into the SRM-001 portable amplifier.post #82 of 971/7/13 at 5:26pmpost #83 of 971/7/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Slowly pull the plastic cable mould from the speakers, slowly. You need to make sure the in-ear speakers are not in the headband housing, make sure it's removed. Also I've read that it's not good to remove it all the time as it weakens the inner retention contacts.post #84 of 9711/14/13 at 10:55ampost #85 of 9712/29/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by dogears
There was a hum/noise on the left driver of my babies so I opened it up. Then opened the right driver and copied the order of the layers:
Here's the config:
After putting it back, the noise is softer but its still there... does anyone know how to totally remove it? Or the contacts just need cleaning?
You will have to clean everything - THOROUGHLY. The noise is coming from some sort od contact - either made mechanicaly(paricle of dust, hair, other unmentionables ) - or some electrical shorting. Please note that electrostatics see as "short" extremely high impedances - which may well be unmeasurable using a simple multimeter instrument. Good lighting, stereo microscope (or at least a good loupe ) - and you should see if there is anything bridging the gap, incluiding at the very edge where diaphragm is clamped. You can use carbon fibre brush for cleaning anyalog vinyl records to "sweep" the diaphragm on both sides, then check for any remains under microscope.
If that does not remedy the situation, the driver has somewhere deteriorated and official service/replacement is the only option.post #86 of 971/1/14 at 10:31pmpost #87 of 972/8/14 at 6:38am
What is the gear you use for your Stax Sr-001?
I am currently using mine with the Fiio X3 (sometimes with my cd player). And I never use it with my iPod Classic: the SQ is poor to say the least...
And what about you?post #88 of 972/13/14 at 1:07ampost #89 of 972/23/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
NiZn improves the sound a lot.post #90 of 972/23/14 at 11:42pm
Although I have not tried NiZn batteries yet, even NiMH - or better still, NiCd - is an improvement over alkalines. The reason is internal resistance of the batteries; the lower, the better. Nicd > NiMH >>> alkaline. I have to check NiZn for the internal resistance, but IIRC it is good - and is 1.5 V, like alkaline and unlike NiCd and NiMH, which are 1.2 V. The only problem is relatively limited availability, necessity to use appropriate charger, both leading to higher cost.
But in view of baby Stax - totally worth it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Thinking of getting custom molds for Universal IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-15) 2 minutes ago
- › Hello fellow head-fi members! 2 minutes ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 2 minutes ago
- › Inventory Clearing -- Looking to Trade for iBasso DX50 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Should I get a dac+amp or a dap? 3 minutes ago
- › Is there a difference between oval and circle shaped headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › New M50x-s causing pain 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude