I might... but only to close friends... just so I can borrow them anytime
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax amp in Los Angeles area Last post on 8/7/11 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- closed back headphone for working area? Last post on 8/17/10 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- FX700 v. Stax SR-001 Mk2 Last post on 3/15/11 at 8:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial Last post on 6/18/14 at 4:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread - Page 6post #76 of 979/22/12 at 11:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 979/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #78 of 979/23/12 at 5:38pmpost #79 of 971/4/13 at 4:44am
Just got mine today, a mint SR-001 with the portable adapter and I must say with musicality it would definitely give my ES5 customs a run for it's money if I still those around. The sound resembles that of my Lambda Pro's in many areas alas bit more warmth to the treble range but damn they are fairly comfortable (at least for me), really thinking of putting my IE8's on for sale.post #80 of 971/6/13 at 6:20pmpost #81 of 971/7/13 at 12:27am
Indeed, but now I'm on the hunt for some replacement cables either the pro-bias one's from the SR-003 or the normal ones that fit into the SRM-001 portable amplifier.post #82 of 971/7/13 at 5:26pmpost #83 of 971/7/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Slowly pull the plastic cable mould from the speakers, slowly. You need to make sure the in-ear speakers are not in the headband housing, make sure it's removed. Also I've read that it's not good to remove it all the time as it weakens the inner retention contacts.post #84 of 9711/14/13 at 10:55ampost #85 of 9712/29/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by dogears
There was a hum/noise on the left driver of my babies so I opened it up. Then opened the right driver and copied the order of the layers:
Here's the config:
After putting it back, the noise is softer but its still there... does anyone know how to totally remove it? Or the contacts just need cleaning?
You will have to clean everything - THOROUGHLY. The noise is coming from some sort od contact - either made mechanicaly(paricle of dust, hair, other unmentionables ) - or some electrical shorting. Please note that electrostatics see as "short" extremely high impedances - which may well be unmeasurable using a simple multimeter instrument. Good lighting, stereo microscope (or at least a good loupe ) - and you should see if there is anything bridging the gap, incluiding at the very edge where diaphragm is clamped. You can use carbon fibre brush for cleaning anyalog vinyl records to "sweep" the diaphragm on both sides, then check for any remains under microscope.
If that does not remedy the situation, the driver has somewhere deteriorated and official service/replacement is the only option.post #86 of 971/1/14 at 10:31pmpost #87 of 972/8/14 at 6:38am
What is the gear you use for your Stax Sr-001?
I am currently using mine with the Fiio X3 (sometimes with my cd player). And I never use it with my iPod Classic: the SQ is poor to say the least...
And what about you?post #88 of 972/13/14 at 1:07ampost #89 of 972/23/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
NiZn improves the sound a lot.post #90 of 972/23/14 at 11:42pm
Although I have not tried NiZn batteries yet, even NiMH - or better still, NiCd - is an improvement over alkalines. The reason is internal resistance of the batteries; the lower, the better. Nicd > NiMH >>> alkaline. I have to check NiZn for the internal resistance, but IIRC it is good - and is 1.5 V, like alkaline and unlike NiCd and NiMH, which are 1.2 V. The only problem is relatively limited availability, necessity to use appropriate charger, both leading to higher cost.
But in view of baby Stax - totally worth it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 9 seconds ago
- › Calling all Audiophiles: Be Part of the New Ultimate Ears Website 10 seconds ago
- › Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 5 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)