I might... but only to close friends... just so I can borrow them anytime
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax amp in Los Angeles area Last post on 8/7/11 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- closed back headphone for working area? Last post on 8/17/10 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- FX700 v. Stax SR-001 Mk2 Last post on 3/15/11 at 8:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial Last post on 4/7/15 at 10:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread - Page 6post #76 of 1009/22/12 at 11:42pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 1009/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #78 of 1009/23/12 at 5:38pmpost #79 of 1001/4/13 at 4:44am
Just got mine today, a mint SR-001 with the portable adapter and I must say with musicality it would definitely give my ES5 customs a run for it's money if I still those around. The sound resembles that of my Lambda Pro's in many areas alas bit more warmth to the treble range but damn they are fairly comfortable (at least for me), really thinking of putting my IE8's on for sale.post #80 of 1001/6/13 at 6:20pmpost #81 of 1001/7/13 at 12:27am
Indeed, but now I'm on the hunt for some replacement cables either the pro-bias one's from the SR-003 or the normal ones that fit into the SRM-001 portable amplifier.post #82 of 1001/7/13 at 5:26pmpost #83 of 1001/7/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Slowly pull the plastic cable mould from the speakers, slowly. You need to make sure the in-ear speakers are not in the headband housing, make sure it's removed. Also I've read that it's not good to remove it all the time as it weakens the inner retention contacts.post #84 of 10011/14/13 at 10:55ampost #85 of 10012/29/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by dogears
There was a hum/noise on the left driver of my babies so I opened it up. Then opened the right driver and copied the order of the layers:
Here's the config:
After putting it back, the noise is softer but its still there... does anyone know how to totally remove it? Or the contacts just need cleaning?
You will have to clean everything - THOROUGHLY. The noise is coming from some sort od contact - either made mechanicaly(paricle of dust, hair, other unmentionables ) - or some electrical shorting. Please note that electrostatics see as "short" extremely high impedances - which may well be unmeasurable using a simple multimeter instrument. Good lighting, stereo microscope (or at least a good loupe ) - and you should see if there is anything bridging the gap, incluiding at the very edge where diaphragm is clamped. You can use carbon fibre brush for cleaning anyalog vinyl records to "sweep" the diaphragm on both sides, then check for any remains under microscope.
If that does not remedy the situation, the driver has somewhere deteriorated and official service/replacement is the only option.post #86 of 1001/1/14 at 10:31pmpost #87 of 1002/8/14 at 6:38am
What is the gear you use for your Stax Sr-001?
I am currently using mine with the Fiio X3 (sometimes with my cd player). And I never use it with my iPod Classic: the SQ is poor to say the least...
And what about you?post #88 of 1002/13/14 at 1:07ampost #89 of 1002/23/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
NiZn improves the sound a lot.post #90 of 1002/23/14 at 11:42pm
Although I have not tried NiZn batteries yet, even NiMH - or better still, NiCd - is an improvement over alkalines. The reason is internal resistance of the batteries; the lower, the better. Nicd > NiMH >>> alkaline. I have to check NiZn for the internal resistance, but IIRC it is good - and is 1.5 V, like alkaline and unlike NiCd and NiMH, which are 1.2 V. The only problem is relatively limited availability, necessity to use appropriate charger, both leading to higher cost.
But in view of baby Stax - totally worth it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 4 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › OnePlus One 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2