I might... but only to close friends... just so I can borrow them anytime
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax amp in Los Angeles area Last post on 8/7/11 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- closed back headphone for working area? Last post on 8/17/10 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- FX700 v. Stax SR-001 Mk2 Last post on 3/15/11 at 8:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial Last post on 10/12/14 at 3:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread - Page 6post #76 of 979/22/12 at 11:42pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 979/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #78 of 979/23/12 at 5:38pmpost #79 of 971/4/13 at 4:44am
Just got mine today, a mint SR-001 with the portable adapter and I must say with musicality it would definitely give my ES5 customs a run for it's money if I still those around. The sound resembles that of my Lambda Pro's in many areas alas bit more warmth to the treble range but damn they are fairly comfortable (at least for me), really thinking of putting my IE8's on for sale.post #80 of 971/6/13 at 6:20pmpost #81 of 971/7/13 at 12:27am
Indeed, but now I'm on the hunt for some replacement cables either the pro-bias one's from the SR-003 or the normal ones that fit into the SRM-001 portable amplifier.post #82 of 971/7/13 at 5:26pmpost #83 of 971/7/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Slowly pull the plastic cable mould from the speakers, slowly. You need to make sure the in-ear speakers are not in the headband housing, make sure it's removed. Also I've read that it's not good to remove it all the time as it weakens the inner retention contacts.post #84 of 9711/14/13 at 10:55ampost #85 of 9712/29/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by dogears
There was a hum/noise on the left driver of my babies so I opened it up. Then opened the right driver and copied the order of the layers:
Here's the config:
After putting it back, the noise is softer but its still there... does anyone know how to totally remove it? Or the contacts just need cleaning?
You will have to clean everything - THOROUGHLY. The noise is coming from some sort od contact - either made mechanicaly(paricle of dust, hair, other unmentionables ) - or some electrical shorting. Please note that electrostatics see as "short" extremely high impedances - which may well be unmeasurable using a simple multimeter instrument. Good lighting, stereo microscope (or at least a good loupe ) - and you should see if there is anything bridging the gap, incluiding at the very edge where diaphragm is clamped. You can use carbon fibre brush for cleaning anyalog vinyl records to "sweep" the diaphragm on both sides, then check for any remains under microscope.
If that does not remedy the situation, the driver has somewhere deteriorated and official service/replacement is the only option.post #86 of 971/1/14 at 10:31pmpost #87 of 972/8/14 at 6:38am
What is the gear you use for your Stax Sr-001?
I am currently using mine with the Fiio X3 (sometimes with my cd player). And I never use it with my iPod Classic: the SQ is poor to say the least...
And what about you?post #88 of 972/13/14 at 1:07ampost #89 of 972/23/14 at 6:53pmQuote:
NiZn improves the sound a lot.post #90 of 972/23/14 at 11:42pm
Although I have not tried NiZn batteries yet, even NiMH - or better still, NiCd - is an improvement over alkalines. The reason is internal resistance of the batteries; the lower, the better. Nicd > NiMH >>> alkaline. I have to check NiZn for the internal resistance, but IIRC it is good - and is 1.5 V, like alkaline and unlike NiCd and NiMH, which are 1.2 V. The only problem is relatively limited availability, necessity to use appropriate charger, both leading to higher cost.
But in view of baby Stax - totally worth it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 17 seconds ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 1 minute ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 11 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 13 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 14 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)