or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Goldpoint Headphone Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Goldpoint Headphone Pro - Page 14

post #196 of 357
Has anyone tried some Denon headphones with the Goldpoint?
post #197 of 357
I kind of lost this thread so will be off your back about impressions KBI . Now just get that HD 800 if you haven´t already Does the transport really make all that much of a difference? I can´t use Xbox 360 as a transport since you can´t get bit perfect out. I also don´t like the solution with the optical on the VGA cable it´s like made for loose connections and interference I suppose. I haven´t noticed much changes with digital out of my PS 3 and computer.

I am pretty much the same situation as you Apatn... If you send the It as a warranty repair with a copy of the receipt and then save your copy of the shipping purchase you should be free from custom fees. But you probably have to conversate for two weeks to make them understand that and make sure you still have that copy. Then it´s just the hefty shipping fees and ev western union fees left.

But if it really is a hefty improvement and they don´t make your headphones bassier overall I will consider it. I would hope their claim to boost low bass wouldn´t be true for example. I really don´t want more bass punch either it´s just right currently. Their ability to control bass is the biggest selling argument for them. It´s all still there just quality over quantity. I have a pitch black noise background even with my efficient 35 ohms ED 8 and 435S. Pro 900 may use more power but then they are the ones that the least needs bass boost and resolution upgrades. And I certainly don´t want more volume since there is significant jumps already between the notches. Will have to see if I can mod it but I wonder how much you can mess up your amp by changing volume pot settings?. I tend to be between 20-30 on the amps. 30 is K701 pretty much so not that much room to play with.

I manage to find way more reasons not to "upgrade" then to upgrade I suppose.
post #198 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Arn is working on my v5 right now. Hope to hear it soon.
I´m not inclined to worry about the clicking when changing volume. It´s what attenuators do.
Have you gotten yours yet?
post #199 of 357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
Have you gotten yours yet?
No, it's on it's way right now.
post #200 of 357
Thread Starter 
I actually have rather high expectations of the HE-5 & Goldpoint combination.
post #201 of 357
I was just going to ask you whether you got it already. I am interested in the upgrade. After January 20 I have three weeks of absolutely nothing to do. I could visit you with the Goldpoint v2 and we can do a comparo. Also, do I get it that you bought the HE-5?
post #202 of 357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apatN View Post
I was just going to ask you whether you got it already. I am interested in the upgrade. After January 20 I have three weeks of absolutely nothing to do. I could visit you with the Goldpoint v2 and we can do a comparo. Also, do I get it that you bought the HE-5?
You're welcome, I'll probably have plenty of time too then.
And, yes, I do have the HE-5. I sold the HD800 and bought the HE-5 and I'm not planning on selling the HE-5 in the foreseeable future.
post #203 of 357
Great, would be good for you too. Audio memory can get blurry after a month. Let's hope the GP matches the HE-5.
post #204 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
I kind of lost this thread so will be off your back about impressions KBI . Now just get that HD 800 if you haven´t already Does the transport really make all that much of a difference? I can´t use Xbox 360 as a transport since you can´t get bit perfect out. I also don´t like the solution with the optical on the VGA cable it´s like made for loose connections and interference I suppose. I haven´t noticed much changes with digital out of my PS 3 and computer.

I am pretty much the same situation as you Apatn... If you send the It as a warranty repair with a copy of the receipt and then save your copy of the shipping purchase you should be free from custom fees. But you probably have to conversate for two weeks to make them understand that and make sure you still have that copy. Then it´s just the hefty shipping fees and ev western union fees left.

But if it really is a hefty improvement and they don´t make your headphones bassier overall I will consider it. I would hope their claim to boost low bass wouldn´t be true for example. I really don´t want more bass punch either it´s just right currently. Their ability to control bass is the biggest selling argument for them. It´s all still there just quality over quantity. I have a pitch black noise background even with my efficient 35 ohms ED 8 and 435S. Pro 900 may use more power but then they are the ones that the least needs bass boost and resolution upgrades. And I certainly don´t want more volume since there is significant jumps already between the notches. Will have to see if I can mod it but I wonder how much you can mess up your amp by changing volume pot settings?. I tend to be between 20-30 on the amps. 30 is K701 pretty much so not that much room to play with.

I manage to find way more reasons not to "upgrade" then to upgrade I suppose.
The 360 is pretty much crap as a transport.. This based on the DAC 1.. Can't believe how bad it was.. The PS3 is a impressive transport, but I had low expectations coming in.. I hope I pull the trigger on the HD800 when I get my tax return in April.. I'm really driven to compare 1937 technology with the latest technology, 09, HD800.. From what I read, the HD800 does somethings much better then the DT48.. But I will judge both based on their technical merits.. I'm sure the sound stage will be a night & day difference, so I'm really stoked.. & a DT48 owner said the HD800 is faster, but he also added that it seemed artificially fast, so I guess I will have to judge that for myself.. To me the upgrade was worth it.. But I still use my receiver.. It allows me to add treble & increase the highs & lows, which really benefit my DT48.. Bigger sound stage for gaming & movies.. But for any serious & critical listening I go back to the GP.. I also don't like the fact that I have to use a ohm adapter for 4 of my DT48's.. To me the added ohms adds a bit of thickness to the DT48 that I don't really like..
post #205 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
You're welcome, I'll probably have plenty of time too then.
And, yes, I do have the HE-5. I sold the HD800 and bought the HE-5 and I'm not planning on selling the HE-5 in the foreseeable future.


Maybe few words about the HE-5 compare the the 800 on the GP.
post #206 of 357
and T1 perhaps on top of that
post #207 of 357
Thread Starter 
I don't have the new GP yet, so it'll have to wait a bit. But I can tell that I didn't particularly like the HD800. The HE5 is more alive. Midrange is fuller and the whole tonal balance is much more lifelike and realistic. The HD800 are more like what you hear in a movie theatre. I never found voices there sound natural....
What the HD800 failed in is solo piano. Tonality is completely wrong there (not imo or to my taste, but plain wrong). The PRO900 get it almost perfect and the HE5 gets it more than decent.
I wish I had a T1. I'm really interested, but I think I'd like a balanced Black Dragon to go with it.... I'm afraid that will have to wait a bit.
In the mean while my Grado Magnum have arrived, and they should match well with the GP as well. The PS1 do, so I expect good things from the combination with the Magnum too.
Lots of reasons for the GoldPoint to arrive SOON.
post #208 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I don't have the new GP yet, so it'll have to wait a bit. But I can tell that I didn't particularly like the HD800. The HE5 is more alive. Midrange is fuller and the whole tonal balance is much more lifelike and realistic. The HD800 are more like what you hear in a movie theatre. I never found voices there sound natural....
What the HD800 failed in is solo piano. Tonality is completely wrong there (not imo or to my taste, but plain wrong). The PRO900 get it almost perfect and the HE5 gets it more than decent.
I wish I had a T1. I'm really interested, but I think I'd like a balanced Black Dragon to go with it.... I'm afraid that will have to wait a bit.
In the mean while my Grado Magnum have arrived, and they should match well with the GP as well. The PS1 do, so I expect good things from the combination with the Magnum too.
Lots of reasons for the GoldPoint to arrive SOON.
How can you make such a statement when audio is subjective.. 10 musical experts can hear the same piano solo & give you 10 different answers.
post #209 of 357
Kees, why the solo piano failed, I mean how you describe that tonality is completely wrong there. I'm just curios because the 800 in my experience have a lot of weight in the lower octave.

About the lifelike and realistic I'm can guess that you'll like the Fostex T-20 V2.
post #210 of 357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
How can you make such a statement when audio is subjective.. 10 musical experts can hear the same piano solo & give you 10 different answers.
I know, but I am absolutely sure that any body who hears it side-by-side will agree. Everybody I let it hear agreed. (Angela Hewitt playing Bach was the example I used to demonstrate).
There is just a whole part of the tone missing. It is thin and shallow and does not have the proper timbre. It is also cut short, it finnishes too abruptly. It was actually no point of discussion with any of the persons that heard it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Goldpoint Headphone Pro