Thanks so much Kees.
I was almost pulling the trigger an hour ago. (also ordering a passive preamp SA2 to get a better deal). Looks like the best way forward is to wait until Arn finds a way to cope with the low impedance / high sensitivity cans. Not sure if this is something to do with the 220V a.c. you are using ?