Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread

post #1 of 1867
Thread Starter 
Greetings,

This thread originally started off as a question comparing the ES3X and the UE11. I have received my ES3X and the pics are here. I couldnt be happier, they sound as fantastic as everyone who owns them knows. Here is a link to HPA's review and many updates. It is very helpful if you want a solid review. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks!

Ruby
post #2 of 1867
I think it's probably still too early to get some solid user feedback on the ES3X since it was announced only a month ago. There's likely only a handful of them out there at this point. Give it six months. I would guess though the ES3X has a similar sound to the W3.....smooth across the frequency range as they advertise the ES3 as having a mid range "bump"

The UE11 is a well known entity and is highly regarded but the ES3X is certainly an attractive option considering it's cost compared to the UE11.....basically $300 cheaper. The common terms I hear about the UE11 are it's soundstage and how it does bass like no other IEM currently can.

Getting a back to back comparison will be next to impossible I think due to the cost factor. Most people that have taken the $1150 plunge on a custom IEM like the UE11 are not likely to spend another $850 on another custom IEM to see if it's better than the one they own simply because of the fact they can't recoup any of that money by selling the one they don't like.
post #3 of 1867
Thread Starter 
Yea, that is the problem with trying to decide. While I would love to see a review of the ES3X, even then, it really doesnt mean i will like it



Ruby
post #4 of 1867
has headphoneaddict posted his review yet??
post #5 of 1867
The es3x uses completely new drivers ( except one) and a new crossover from the W3 so it could end up sounding completely different than either w3 or es3. We need HPA to post a review
post #6 of 1867
If the HD800 don't do it for me, then I'm selling off everything, but my iPhone and buying the es3x (or UE11 what the hell) and calling it a damn day!

So please hurry with those reviews!!
post #7 of 1867
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph201 View Post
If the HD800 don't do it for me, then I'm selling off everything, but my iPhone and buying the es3x (or UE11 what the hell) and calling it a damn day!

So please hurry with those reviews!!


Yea I would love to see a review, especially by someone who has tried the UE 10/11. My audiologist appointment is next Wednesday and I really want to have a decision by then. They are a Westone dealer, so i am leaning that way anyhow just for the customer services aspect. But, would love to see a review!!!!
post #8 of 1867
I delayed things by changing the order from all acrylic including tips to the heat sensitive tips.
post #9 of 1867
What's this about heat sensitive tips?

For me I thought of getting the HD800 but decided I should go custom (last thing I want to do is invest more money to properly amp it with a great DAC).
post #10 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
I delayed things by changing the order from all acrylic including tips to the heat sensitive tips.
Ah what made you change your mind HPA? I remember you saying you prefered all acrylic.
post #11 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post
Ah what made you change your mind HPA? I remember you saying you prefered all acrylic.
What made me change my mind? Blutarsky and some of the guys on head-fi with ES2 and stuff.

I preferred all Acrylic only because that's all I've ever tried with my other 3 custom IEM, but since the standard Westone is with the heat sensitive tips I figure I'll give it a shot. I understand it is easier to chew food when wearing the customs with the heat sensitive tips.
post #12 of 1867
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
What made me change my mind? Blutarsky and some of the guys on head-fi with ES2 and stuff.

I preferred all Acrylic only because that's all I've ever tried with my other 3 custom IEM, but since the standard Westone is with the heat sensitive tips I figure I'll give it a shot. I understand it is easier to chew food when wearing the customs with the heat sensitive tips.

Soooo...when do you get them?
post #13 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytuesday007 View Post
Soooo...when do you get them?
Soon. Don't worry, I'll post my impressions as soon as possible.
post #14 of 1867
i also expect your es3x review
post #15 of 1867
Ah, no wonder u doesnt pay much attention to IE8. Got a better toy under the sleeves
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread