or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD600 vs HD650?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD600 vs HD650? - Page 6

post #76 of 129
Without hijacking this thread...can you guys tell me what kind if any improvement there would be for me to go from OLD style 580's to a new HD650?
post #77 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by willne1 View Post
Without hijacking this thread...can you guys tell me what kind if any improvement there would be for me to go from OLD style 580's to a new HD650?
AFAIK, 580s have the same drivers as HD600 which, in my case, was an upgrade from HD650s. The reason being is that HD650s are rather different than better, and depending on your preference it could either be an upgrade or downgrade. HD650s have more bass so if you enjoy big/full bass it will be an upgrade, but if you value more clear highs then it will be a downgrade from HD580s.
post #78 of 129
I guess I'd have to get some and try them out. To be honest most of the time I'm using my 580's I'm saying to myself "how could it get that much better than this". They sound really nice, but they're all I ever had so...well you know.
post #79 of 129
Noticed prices have shot up, I think 650 were £180 a while ago now around £250?
post #80 of 129
Seems so but where did you see them for 180 pounds
post #81 of 129
the auction site. But this was ages ago before the bank crash.
post #82 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
I currently have both and the differences sound very minimal to me.

The HD650 has a touch more bass but it is not night and day difference for me.

I am sure either headphone will satisfy you though.
Agreed x23093

Some of the posters make it seem like the HD650s have a quite a bit more bass than the HD600s, but in reality if you use the exact same cables for both, and A/B between them, the HD650s only have a little more bass which you only notice when you're trying to hear a difference.
post #83 of 129
Thread Starter 
The HD600s are not "attacking" and "in your face" right?

I'm going to go down to the store to hear the HD650s again, and make a decision on them.
post #84 of 129
No, they are smooth and laid back, the veil depends on the rest of your system, but they are certainly not attacking or in your face like other phones such as Grados.
post #85 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goit View Post
I'm going to go down to the store to hear the HD650s again, and make a decision on them.
That's the best way. It's no use bumping this thread to 10 pages without hearing both of them. I have a feeling that you always think the HD650s must be better than the HD600s.
post #86 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
That's the best way. It's no use bumping this thread to 10 pages without hearing both of them. I have a feeling that you always think the HD650s must be better than the HD600s.
That's what guys from Sennheisers always say when you ask them.

Quote:
No, they are smooth and laid back, the veil depends on the rest of your system, but they are certainly not attacking or in your face like other phones such as Grados.
I see, I listen to small scaled classical music, thus I don't want sounds like the grados that pushes the sound into your ears.

Too bad the store doesn't have the HD600s, and it seems that their headphones are improperly amped because they used a splitter to power like 30 phones at the same time off their source (whatever that is). The last time I heard the 650s there it was very quiet and I could barely hear anything at all.
post #87 of 129
That's a few times you've said 'guys from Sennheisers'. Who are these guys? If you are referring to people here who like Sennheisers, you've had several in this thread already including myself that have said they prefer the HD600 over the HD650.
post #88 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
That's a few times you've said 'guys from Sennheisers'. Who are these guys? If you are referring to people here who like Sennheisers, you've had several in this thread already including myself that have said they prefer the HD600 over the HD650.
Staff from Sennheiser.
post #89 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goit View Post
Staff from Sennheiser.
Well, I hate to be blunt, but of course Sennheiser is going to say the HD650s are better than the HD600. The HD650 first and foremost are more expensive, secondly the HD650 was designed as the successor to the HD600, so it would look bad for them to recommend HD600 over their new model.
post #90 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goit View Post
Staff from Sennheiser.
LOL. Just wait until you hear what they say about the HD800 v. the HD650.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD600 vs HD650?