or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD600 vs HD650?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD600 vs HD650? - Page 4

post #46 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
I think I will go with what SAA says as HeadphoneAddict LOVES the V3 and I hate it with a passion. Its funny the connectors on the V3 didnt fit right and caused the ocassional dropout which is why I made Alex return my money. The real connectors to have are the genuine article on the SAA cable. They fit perfect. Equal install and removal pressure, the V3 had one so tight it wouldnt come back out and one was loose.
I'm sorry your cable was bad. Mine seems to be fine. If mine was in your condition I also would have it replaced/refunded.
post #47 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
A better way for you to address it would have been to look at the sight and you would have seen that it is listed under cable tips and it is part of no advertising SAA participates in.
It is on his site, it is advertisement. He says in your quote that his cable is better than the other two cables, how is that not advertisement?

You insist on painting me as the bad guy, but you excerpt your quotes and then blame me for not reading the source for context?
post #48 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
I'm sorry your cable was bad. Mine seems to be fine. If mine was in your condition I also would have it replaced/refunded.
Thanks, I was crushed, it was cool too with the Nylon and Futurtech.

I do have one grip with the Equinox, it has that Technoflex crap on it and its microphonic if it touches anything but skin. Its my fault though, I didnt want to wait for them to build one with nylon so I got one off the rack.
post #49 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
It is on his site, it is advertisement. He says in your quote that his cable is better than the other two cables, how is that not advertisement?

You insist on painting me as the bad guy, but you excerpt your quotes and then blame me for not reading the source for context?
I have to keep a lid on you.

I know its different for everyone, I just cant stand people saying im hearing things and there must be some kind of scientific test. Bull, I hear what I hear and testing cables with anything but your ears is a waste of time, I know you use a meter for speaker placement and that makes sense but there are guys talking about metering with headphones. Puhleeeeeze.
post #50 of 129
I got the techflex on mine and didn't realize just how microphonic it is. It doesn't bother me much because I sit still and the cord is short enough (6ft) that it doesn't touch anything usually, but sometimes it brushes the arm of the chair. If I ever get another cable made I'll definitely spring for the nylon.
post #51 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
I got the techflex on mine and didn't realize just how microphonic it is. It doesn't bother me much because I sit still and the cord is short enough (6ft) that it doesn't touch anything usually, but sometimes it brushes the arm of the chair. If I ever get another cable made I'll definitely spring for the nylon.
Same for me, I drape mine over my arm instead of under my arm so it doesnt touch the table. That nylon on my V3 was the catz meow. Soft, flexible, and perfectly quiet.
post #52 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
So your saying cables do make a difference huh? I owned the V3 as well and it sounds terrible, I sent it back to Alex. Its tipped and thin and ruins the bass.
No, I've never compared cables before, so I am unsure if they make a difference.

However, HeadphoneAddict was saying that the HD-650 cable was a better one than the HD-600. He said that it was a bigger upgrade than recabling an HD-650 to an APS v3.

It is of course a subjective opinion...
post #53 of 129
HD-650 cable is better than the HD-600.
SAA Equinox was a BIG improvement on my HD600s than HD650s.

HD650s are better spec than HD600s. but a lot people here just love HD600 sound.
post #54 of 129
I think if your amp is less than ideal, the HD600 may sound better. But if you are planning on shelling out for a sweet amp that weighs a lot with large glowing tubes, then, from my experience, and from what I have read, the HD650 surpasses it.
post #55 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
They have more bass than the 600.
So is it just the bass? Because according to sennheiser the HD650 is supposed to be better overall.
post #56 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goit View Post
So is it just the bass? Because according to sennheiser the HD650 is supposed to be better overall.
You should do more search. They actually sound very alike but the HD600s are not as dark and bassy than the HD650s.
post #57 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
You should do more search. They actually sound very alike but the HD600s are not as dark and bassy than the HD650s.
Yes, that's what people have been telling me. But by "dark" do you mean that the notes are hard to hear and boscured as in "velied"?
post #58 of 129

Forget All This BS...

Forget all this BS...

Just do it... go to J&R and get a pair... and see what you think. They've got great prices... and you can return them, if you don't like them... but... you will!

http://www.jr.com/sennheiser/pe/SEN_HD650/

The "new" version of the HD650s sound great - no veil, not dark, not slow, etc. - but, bright, detailed, fast and clear with great tight bass - period! Those were issues with the "old" version - not the "new" version. J&R sells the "new" version, which has been out since early 2007.

You don't need any custom cables, or anything, other than a good source and amp that matches their high impedance and voltage requirements.

Few phones sound as good when their mated with the proper set up. I had the J&R HD650s... but... returned them because they sounded identical to my modified HD580s - which sound as good as any phones available (with my set up, which matches them well).
post #59 of 129
I currently have both and the differences sound very minimal to me.

The HD650 has a touch more bass but it is not night and day difference for me.

I am sure either headphone will satisfy you though.
post #60 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradofan2 View Post
Forget all this BS...

Just do it... go to J&R and get a pair... and see what you think. They've got great prices... and you can return them, if you don't like them... but... you will!

Sennheiser HD650 Stereo Headphone in Corded Headphones at JR.com

The "new" version of the HD650s sound great - no veil, not dark, not slow, etc. - but, bright, detailed, fast and clear with great tight bass - period! Those were issues with the "old" version - not the "new" version. J&R sells the "new" version, which has been out since early 2007.

You don't need any custom cables, or anything, other than a good source and amp that matches their high impedance and voltage requirements.

Few phones sound as good when their mated with the proper set up. I had the J&R HD650s... but... returned them because they sounded identical to my modified HD580s - which sound as good as any phones available (with my set up, which matches them well).

Can someone second or third that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD600 vs HD650?