Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE530 - change earbuds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE530 - change earbuds

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone!
I have problems changing the standard earbuds of the Shure SE530. You're supposed to twist and pull, but it seems like they're glued on or something, because I can't remove them! It would be a shame to ruin them, since they fit nicely in my ears, providing a good seal, it's just that I want to try them all before I order more of them!

Thanks!

Edit: Now I succeeded in removing one of the earbuds, took a LOT of force, my fingers are hurting and it felt like I was twisting the whole nozzle off! Very well, no more problems changing the right earpiece.
post #2 of 23
It really is impossible to change the Shure's tips :| I had to use my teeth on the SE110's I have (Not hygenic, washed my mouth instantly)
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechungster View Post
It really is impossible to change the Shure's tips :| I had to use my teeth on the SE110's I have (Not hygenic, washed my mouth instantly)
Holy Mary Mother of God! I don't want to use my teeth, doesn't sound very good. I STILL can't cant remove the left earbud. This is ridiculous! It feels like the left nozzle is actually coming loose from the actual IEM!
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0dy View Post
Holy Mary Mother of God! I don't want to use my teeth, doesn't sound very good. I STILL can't cant remove the left earbud. This is ridiculous! It feels like the left nozzle is actually coming loose from the actual IEM!
Well my SE110's are 1 year old, so I don't care Be careful, you can actually rip the stem off. The SE110's seem to have a molded stem with the body, so less chance for that. The 530's seem to be in 2 parts... Have you tried warming up the sleeve, so that it becomes a bit more easier to pull off?
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechungster View Post
Well my SE110's are 1 year old, so I don't care Be careful, you can actually rip the stem off. The SE110's seem to have a molded stem with the body, so less chance for that. The 530's seem to be in 2 parts... Have you tried warming up the sleeve, so that it becomes a bit more easier to pull off?
No, what should I try warming it with? Maybe I have some hot pipes going to my radiator or something, I'll try that!
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0dy View Post
No, what should I try warming it with? Maybe I have some hot pipes going to my radiator or something, I'll try that!
I was thinking using your body temperature...
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Well, the pipe was about 40-50C but it didn't help at all.. Soon I will probably slice it in half with a really sharp knife..

EDIT: So, I cut (!) away the standard olive earbud, leaving me with just 3 of them, now I really have to buy more quite soon. WHAT IS THIS!? Now I put on a new medium olive and it's stuck again!
post #8 of 23
Thread Starter 
I twisted off the nozzle, just wanted to tell you that. NOW WHAT DO I DO!? Register the SE530's on Shure website and send them for repair!?
post #9 of 23
I was dealing with this last night. I was really really afraid i would break them. I finally found a solution: use a paper towel or some sort of fabric to grip the earbud and twist it off. It prevents your hands from slipping on the bud.
post #10 of 23
Thread Starter 
Thank you viperrepiv, I s(h)ure will try this little trick when I have gotten new ones back. If I'm unlucky though - I always start thinking catastrophicly - I'll have to pay $145 because of "excessive physical damage" or whatever it's called. But hopefully this won't cost me anything but time.
post #11 of 23
The Audeo Comply tips slide on and off much easier.
post #12 of 23
theres a very long and very informative thread somewhere that deals with getting them off, find that thread it will solve your problem as it did with me and my 530's.
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythNoob View Post
theres a very long and very informative thread somewhere that deals with getting them off, find that thread it will solve your problem as it did with me and my 530's.
PLEASE, help me find it! I searched the web (and Head-Fi ofc.) like a maniac trying to find a thread I was sure I had read some time ago. This was ofcourse before I went on tearing off the whole damn nozzle
post #14 of 23
Any difference in SQ from shure black olives versus complys?
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythNoob View Post
theres a very long and very informative thread somewhere that deals with getting them off, find that thread it will solve your problem as it did with me and my 530's.
Yeah. It was a big discussion. Essentially it's this: if the tips have the plastic tube lining it's this that is adhering to the nozzle; the best way to 'break' this adhesion is to take a flat-bladed object and gently pry the tube at the base of the nozzle - once the seal is broken you should be able to twist off as normal. This happened to me when I tried Shure Olives on my W3s and then decided against them. Getting them off without breaking the nozzles got a little dramatic. Good luck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE530 - change earbuds