So umm yeah... I was bored tonight and I had an extra SanDisk USB cable lying around so I tried this. Anyways, it's not as clean as ClieOS's but it still works. Thanks ClieOS for the visual DIY!
My USB connector was a bit different. The wires on my USB cable were much thinner and were super glued to the board over the soldering points. I pretty much just cut the ends off of those since it would've been pointless to use them. My wire stripper also doesn't strip wires as small as the ones that were found on my USB connector. So I ended up using my own cables.
This also means that I lost the stock stress relief so I guess I'll just have to be extra careful since I don't really have anything similar right now.
Anyways, here's a picture of mine. I used some Canare starquad cables that I had lying around and a Neutrik plug.
My personal opinion is that the amped line out sounds fairly different from amping the headphone out. The details are a little more apparent and the sound is a little more neutral. I think I can actually hear how the amps are supposed to sound now. I did this mod thinking I wouldn't really hear a difference, but they definitely sound different at least for certain songs.