- 6,960 Posts. Joined 9/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 5/5/14 at 6:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 78
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If I tighten the screws further, they would probably dimple the top of the case and possibly allow for a better seat. I am a little nervous about overtightening the screws and stripping them.
Other solutions I have considered are finding screws with smaller heads (probably difficult) or finding an adapter with a smaller diameter base that would fit between the screw heads.
Has anyone dealt with this and found a good solution?
I believe the earlier versions of the BA have tube sockets that sit flush with the top panel of the amp. The newer production versions of the amp have sockets which protrude through the top panel. I'm assuming this change was made for the exact reason you're describing. Maybe Craig (or someone else DIY handy) could swap out the tube sockets for you.
You can see the white part of the tube socket protruding above the top panel here:
Edited by GMF2010 - 3/19/13 at 9:13am
I'm working myself up to order a ECBA real soon. Does anyone have suggestions as to the configuration (options) that would sound good with classical / jazz / vocal ?
OK then . . . !
Edited by Rico613 - 5/17/13 at 5:29am
Sorry I can't answer with comparable experience but my PWD Mk2 outputs 2.8v and provides plenty of headroom to my LCD2's. The amp is stunning.
Shouldn't be a problem. The Audeze's are fairly efficient, and your source being balanced differential output = x2 the voltage.
It has enough gain, its just a bit soft around the edges compared to some other amps out there with the Audeze. Doesn't slam like Dawkins.
Does anyone notice that the BA has the new version?
It seems Craig has changed the transformers, it provides better bandwidth now.(new:-1dB 11Hz, and 40kHz ; old: -1dB 15Hz, and 35kHz.)
HAS anyone already heard the new one?
Edited by LED04 - 10/16/13 at 9:01am
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Ok to keep a USB powered DAC always plugged into the computer? 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › What does your equalizer look like? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 5 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)