- 6,960 Posts. Joined 9/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 5/5/14 at 6:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 78
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If I tighten the screws further, they would probably dimple the top of the case and possibly allow for a better seat. I am a little nervous about overtightening the screws and stripping them.
Other solutions I have considered are finding screws with smaller heads (probably difficult) or finding an adapter with a smaller diameter base that would fit between the screw heads.
Has anyone dealt with this and found a good solution?
I believe the earlier versions of the BA have tube sockets that sit flush with the top panel of the amp. The newer production versions of the amp have sockets which protrude through the top panel. I'm assuming this change was made for the exact reason you're describing. Maybe Craig (or someone else DIY handy) could swap out the tube sockets for you.
You can see the white part of the tube socket protruding above the top panel here:
Edited by GMF2010 - 3/19/13 at 9:13am
I'm working myself up to order a ECBA real soon. Does anyone have suggestions as to the configuration (options) that would sound good with classical / jazz / vocal ?
OK then . . . !
Edited by Rico613 - 5/17/13 at 5:29am
Sorry I can't answer with comparable experience but my PWD Mk2 outputs 2.8v and provides plenty of headroom to my LCD2's. The amp is stunning.
Shouldn't be a problem. The Audeze's are fairly efficient, and your source being balanced differential output = x2 the voltage.
Does anyone notice that the BA has the new version?
It seems Craig has changed the transformers, it provides better bandwidth now.(new:-1dB 11Hz, and 40kHz ; old: -1dB 15Hz, and 35kHz.)
HAS anyone already heard the new one?
Edited by LED04 - 10/16/13 at 9:01am
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Raleigh/Durham/Cary, NC, Saturday March 21, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN EF6 110V Amplifier Barely Used Mint! 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 10 minutes ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 11 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2