- 6,960 Posts. Joined 9/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 7/9/15 at 9:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 78
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If I tighten the screws further, they would probably dimple the top of the case and possibly allow for a better seat. I am a little nervous about overtightening the screws and stripping them.
Other solutions I have considered are finding screws with smaller heads (probably difficult) or finding an adapter with a smaller diameter base that would fit between the screw heads.
Has anyone dealt with this and found a good solution?
I believe the earlier versions of the BA have tube sockets that sit flush with the top panel of the amp. The newer production versions of the amp have sockets which protrude through the top panel. I'm assuming this change was made for the exact reason you're describing. Maybe Craig (or someone else DIY handy) could swap out the tube sockets for you.
You can see the white part of the tube socket protruding above the top panel here:
Edited by GMF2010 - 3/19/13 at 9:13am
I'm working myself up to order a ECBA real soon. Does anyone have suggestions as to the configuration (options) that would sound good with classical / jazz / vocal ?
OK then . . . !
Edited by Rico613 - 5/17/13 at 5:29am
Sorry I can't answer with comparable experience but my PWD Mk2 outputs 2.8v and provides plenty of headroom to my LCD2's. The amp is stunning.
Shouldn't be a problem. The Audeze's are fairly efficient, and your source being balanced differential output = x2 the voltage.
It has enough gain, its just a bit soft around the edges compared to some other amps out there with the Audeze. Doesn't slam like Dawkins.
Does anyone notice that the BA has the new version?
It seems Craig has changed the transformers, it provides better bandwidth now.(new:-1dB 11Hz, and 40kHz ; old: -1dB 15Hz, and 35kHz.)
HAS anyone already heard the new one?
Edited by LED04 - 10/16/13 at 9:01am
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 12 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 27 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 40 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 44 seconds ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 53 seconds ago
- › Best cans for female vocals? 58 seconds ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 1 minute ago
- › Is there no flagship for "fun" headphones that has the 3D... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3