- 6,960 Posts. Joined 9/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 7/9/15 at 9:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 78
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If I tighten the screws further, they would probably dimple the top of the case and possibly allow for a better seat. I am a little nervous about overtightening the screws and stripping them.
Other solutions I have considered are finding screws with smaller heads (probably difficult) or finding an adapter with a smaller diameter base that would fit between the screw heads.
Has anyone dealt with this and found a good solution?
I believe the earlier versions of the BA have tube sockets that sit flush with the top panel of the amp. The newer production versions of the amp have sockets which protrude through the top panel. I'm assuming this change was made for the exact reason you're describing. Maybe Craig (or someone else DIY handy) could swap out the tube sockets for you.
You can see the white part of the tube socket protruding above the top panel here:
Edited by GMF2010 - 3/19/13 at 9:13am
I'm working myself up to order a ECBA real soon. Does anyone have suggestions as to the configuration (options) that would sound good with classical / jazz / vocal ?
OK then . . . !
Edited by Rico613 - 5/17/13 at 5:29am
Sorry I can't answer with comparable experience but my PWD Mk2 outputs 2.8v and provides plenty of headroom to my LCD2's. The amp is stunning.
Shouldn't be a problem. The Audeze's are fairly efficient, and your source being balanced differential output = x2 the voltage.
It has enough gain, its just a bit soft around the edges compared to some other amps out there with the Audeze. Doesn't slam like Dawkins.
Does anyone notice that the BA has the new version?
It seems Craig has changed the transformers, it provides better bandwidth now.(new:-1dB 11Hz, and 40kHz ; old: -1dB 15Hz, and 35kHz.)
HAS anyone already heard the new one?
Edited by LED04 - 10/16/13 at 9:01am
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 24 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 32 seconds ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 1 minute ago
- › asus xonar ds combined with a beyerdynamics dt880. Do i need to... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2