- 2,725 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 7/9/15 at 9:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Image courtesy of HiFiMan INTRODUCTION The HE400S is HiFiMan's latest offering in the HE400 series of open-back over-ear planar headphones. I first read about them in a teaser email HiFiMan...
Disclaimer. I was provided a pair of S3's by Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased review. Second disclaimer, I'm a big fan of the Brainwavz house sound, especially the latest offerings. It amazes...
I found these back in last year when I was on the funs of looking for good quality budget IEMS. I was very impressed by these back then, and I put it away for a while. Today, I got back to it,...
The Music Hall de-be really caught my eye. Appeared to be very interesting, specs looked good. I wanted to give it a try. **All photos by yours truly** *Packaging* The Music...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 76
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I agree, while loud enough it just isn't my first choice. I wonder if those using amps like the firstwatts are more enjoying the elevated mid/upper bass that the high ouput impedance lends them. I forget the number but its high. The treble-heavy K1000 version especially would seem to gain from this for some user's tastes.
When Craig was designing the BA the ortho revitalization hadn't happened yet. Maybe his Leviathan will be better for them:
Really? Look at my profile for speaker amps.
Seriously? That's awesome. I'd feel honored if I got to name one of Craig's amps.
"my PX4s, that the left tube itself emits an audible pinging sound for the first 5 minutes or so, during warm up."
I emailed Craig about this, and the explanation was that tubes can be microphonic, and the pinging is the amplified sound of the heat expansion of some of the parts! Guess it is why "thermal cycling" (turning them on & off, they heat-up expand, cool down contract) reduces the life of tubes.
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 10 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 346 IEMs compared (Philips Fidelio S1 and S2... 1 minute ago
- › IEM Recommendations for a beginner 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Destiny 7 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › Ie8/Ie80 Mod for better sound. V2. Half Tape Mod. Photo added. 12 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 14 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Brainwavz S3 by shockdoc
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by sirylj
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2