- 2,725 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 7/9/15 at 9:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 76
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I agree, while loud enough it just isn't my first choice. I wonder if those using amps like the firstwatts are more enjoying the elevated mid/upper bass that the high ouput impedance lends them. I forget the number but its high. The treble-heavy K1000 version especially would seem to gain from this for some user's tastes.
When Craig was designing the BA the ortho revitalization hadn't happened yet. Maybe his Leviathan will be better for them:
Really? Look at my profile for speaker amps.
Seriously? That's awesome. I'd feel honored if I got to name one of Craig's amps.
"my PX4s, that the left tube itself emits an audible pinging sound for the first 5 minutes or so, during warm up."
I emailed Craig about this, and the explanation was that tubes can be microphonic, and the pinging is the amplified sound of the heat expansion of some of the parts! Guess it is why "thermal cycling" (turning them on & off, they heat-up expand, cool down contract) reduces the life of tubes.
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NAD D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier / DAC 12 seconds ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH500rp open back planar magnetic headphones. UK and Europe 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 3 minutes ago
- › NAD D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3