- 2,724 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 5/5/14 at 6:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 76
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I agree, while loud enough it just isn't my first choice. I wonder if those using amps like the firstwatts are more enjoying the elevated mid/upper bass that the high ouput impedance lends them. I forget the number but its high. The treble-heavy K1000 version especially would seem to gain from this for some user's tastes.
When Craig was designing the BA the ortho revitalization hadn't happened yet. Maybe his Leviathan will be better for them:
Really? Look at my profile for speaker amps.
Seriously? That's awesome. I'd feel honored if I got to name one of Craig's amps.
"my PX4s, that the left tube itself emits an audible pinging sound for the first 5 minutes or so, during warm up."
I emailed Craig about this, and the explanation was that tubes can be microphonic, and the pinging is the amplified sound of the heat expansion of some of the parts! Guess it is why "thermal cycling" (turning them on & off, they heat-up expand, cool down contract) reduces the life of tubes.
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Israel-Lets meet! 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › Picked up Rha t10i - My Impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 vs Takstar Pro 80 5 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2