If you haven't tried it, you may want to try your J2 in unbalanced mode, as many people report preferring their First Watt amps unbalanced :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productEddie Current Balancing Acttagged by joe, 1/27/15
Related Forum Threads
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Woo Audio WA22 vs Eddie Current Balancing Act? Last post on 7/21/13 at 10:43am in High-end Audio Forum
- Eddie Current, question for owners... Last post on 6/24/12 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/30/15
-Introduction- Edit: It's been brought to my attention by the Shozy team that the Sound Blaster E3 does not play nicely with the Zero. I will be re-evaluating it paired from different devices...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
Eddie Current Balancing Act - Page 75
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I really can't catch a break lately...
I just put my headphones on, and low and behold, I'm getting a sporadic staticy hiss from the left driver. It's a 4-5 second hiss that ends with a static 'click,' then it stops.
This noise still persists intermittently when the volume is set to the minimum (with no discernible pattern).
I posted a while back, when I first got my PX4s, that the left tube itself emits an audible pinging sound for the first 5 minutes or so, during warm up. I just find it coincidental that I'm now hearing static through the left headphone driver now.
The PX4s are a month shy of a year old.
Any advice or insight would be highly appreciated.
I tried sending a few texts, making a phone call, and browsing the web over wifi, but it didn't replicate the noise. Hopefully it was just a fluke, or some external interference, and won't happen again.
GMF2010, I had this happen - you're lucky it's only intermittent. Mine nearly deafened my left ear with a sudden blast of interference. I emailed Craig at the time and he said a bad 6x4 could definitely cause this problem. I replaced the pair and it all went away. It was the pair that Craig supplied too -- you just never know with tubes...
Now I have my own question - I used the RCA loop-outs before and I don't remember them shutting off the headphone amp section. But now whenever there's an RCA cable attached to the loop-outs, I get no sound out of the headphone outs even when the dial is on "cans." Wondering if anyone has experienced this problem or if I blew a switch. Thanks for any insight.
I'm quite satisfied with the output quality. While other amps will sound different, there's nothing "wrong" with the HE-6/BA combo.
That's only until you hear them through good speaker amps..
I strongly recommend you don't try one, coz you know what you'll have to eat.
Same with the K1000's imho. I don't use my BA to drive my K1000's as i don't believe there is enough grunt/gain - call it whatever you like. It doesn't sound nearly as good as say using the speaker connectors of my Nelson Watt F5 clone with the K1000's. Just about everything else is fine (i haven't tried every single model of headphone). All of the other headphones i own the BA is sublime. If there is something special one must do to get more from their BA to drive a set of K1000's adequately then i am all ears .. :-)
You could use a 6SL7 for more gain...
I happen to agree, I think there are better amps out there for the hardest to drive cans - but its a pick and choose thing, and I'm very happy with an amp that drives everything up to and including the HD800 sublimely.
As opposed to a 6SN7? Do you need an adapter for a 6SL7 to fit into the 6SN7 socket? Have you tried this personally?
Yes, as opposed to 6SN7. No adapter necessary. I've tried it personally, as have a few others on this thread. If you search the thread for 6SL7 you should find some posts relating to it.
The other option (which is more costly) is to use a source which outputs higher voltage. I recall seeing some that can do 2.6/5.2V which would be pretty darn loud with the HE-6/K1000, with the sacrifice being how much you can play with the BA's volume for more efficient headphones (with the source volume set to max.)
- Eddie Current Balancing Act
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 19 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar DG vs Sound Blaster E1 for ATH-M50 28 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman SuperMini -- A New DAP 8 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 10 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 10 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...