Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!! - Page 48

post #706 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

I was in contact with Thomas all the time about my purchase and mods. He was the most helpful man I ever saw. I am giving his email to you buddy, try to talk with him.

Thank you. I'll send him an e-mail soon. Even though the response I received from GM so far is unsatisfactory, I replied to it hoping to clarify the matter; to insure no miscommunication was taking place. I intended to wait for a reply before pursuing alternatives and I'm not certain if they check their e-mail over the weekend, so it might be a few days until I send Thomas an e-mail. Nonetheless, I'm now hopeful I'll be able to get an 8.35D without having to learn to how recable headphones. A daunting task for me, as I've never had occasion to solder something. Again, thank you.

post #707 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastQuestion View Post

Thank you. I'll send him an e-mail soon. Even though the response I received from GM so far is unsatisfactory, I replied to it hoping to clarify the matter; to insure no miscommunication was taking place. I intended to wait for a reply before pursuing alternatives and I'm not certain if they check their e-mail over the weekend, so it might be a few days until I send Thomas an e-mail. Nonetheless, I'm now hopeful I'll be able to get an 8.35D without having to learn to how recable headphones. A daunting task for me, as I've never had occasion to solder something. Again, thank you.

You are welcome mate. I hope everything will be clearer for you soon.

post #708 of 997

How do these stack up against the KRK 8400s?  I'm already happy with my collection for listening to music, but I'm looking for a good pair of cans for making music with.  My music making will include using electronic sounds, but I am very keen to have some headphones with accuracy and transparency for recording and mixing/mastering orchestral/acoustic instruments as well.  Accuracy and good frequency response is going to be key for me.  I bought a vintage pair of AKG K240DF recently, and despite their nice midrange presentation, I wouldn't be happy with using them for production duties with their lack of bass response.  I do have a number of nice headphones in my collection, but as you may see, they are far from neutral and probably not the best for making music with.  Am I wrong?  Are any of them appropriate for that task?  If not, I've narrowed my list down to the mentioned 4 headphones that may just fit the bill.  Have I missed any other glaringly obvious choices?  These are all around the same sort of price for me here.

 

Beyerdynamic DT250 - £140

KRK 8400 - £130

SoundMAGIC HP100 - £160

German Maestro GMP 8.35D - £160

 

Thanks in advance for any help!


Edited by amigomatt - 4/19/13 at 2:39pm
post #709 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post

How do these stack up against the KRK 8400s?  I'm already happy with my collection for listening to music, but I'm looking for a good pair of cans for making music with.  My music making will include using electronic sounds, but I am very keen to have some headphones with accuracy and transparency for recording and mixing/mastering orchestral/acoustic instruments as well.  Accuracy and good frequency response is going to be key for me.  I bought a vintage pair of AKG K240DF recently, and despite their nice midrange presentation, I wouldn't be happy with using them for production duties with their lack of bass response.  I do have a number of nice headphones in my collection, but as you may see, they are far from neutral and probably not the best for making music with.  Am I wrong?  Are any of them appropriate for that task?  If not, I've narrowed my list down to the mentioned 4 headphones that may just fit the bill.  Have I missed any other glaringly obvious choices?  These are all around the same sort of price for me here.

 

Beyerdynamic DT250 - £140

KRK 8400 - £130

SoundMAGIC HP100 - £160

German Maestro GMP 8.35D - £160

 

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm a big fan of the 240DF myself, but since getting the hd580, I agree that the DF is lacking in bass.  I know a forum member who uses the 240DF to produce, and listen to, electronica, but I find that kind of odd, myself..  The dt250 is supposed to have a very similar presentation to the hd600 which is about as neutral as you can get. Unfortunately I've never heard the GMP's, but I had the dt250 at one time and liked it a lot. I sold it because at the time I didn't need another closed phone. I'm using the DF right now for music production, but I balance it with the hd580 for the lows as well as some other sources for monitoring. It's a tricky business trying to determine what's 'neutral'.

post #710 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post

How do these stack up against the KRK 8400s?  I'm already happy with my collection for listening to music, but I'm looking for a good pair of cans for making music with.  My music making will include using electronic sounds, but I am very keen to have some headphones with accuracy and transparency for recording and mixing/mastering orchestral/acoustic instruments as well.  Accuracy and good frequency response is going to be key for me.  I bought a vintage pair of AKG K240DF recently, and despite their nice midrange presentation, I wouldn't be happy with using them for production duties with their lack of bass response.  I do have a number of nice headphones in my collection, but as you may see, they are far from neutral and probably not the best for making music with.  Am I wrong?  Are any of them appropriate for that task?  If not, I've narrowed my list down to the mentioned 4 headphones that may just fit the bill.  Have I missed any other glaringly obvious choices?  These are all around the same sort of price for me here.

 

Beyerdynamic DT250 - £140

KRK 8400 - £130

SoundMAGIC HP100 - £160

German Maestro GMP 8.35D - £160

 

Thanks in advance for any help!

I would say go for GM or KRK. I chose GM but I heard that KRK 8400 is very good too. Acix is making music too and he is using GM + K701 combination if I am not mistaking.

post #711 of 997
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

I would say go for GM or KRK. I chose GM but I heard that KRK 8400 is very good too. Acix is making music too and he is using GM + K701 combination if I am not mistaking.

 

You're not mistaking, I use the 8.35 and the K-702 for music productions. I also use the 8.35 for Djing at outdoor parties.

 

*

post #712 of 997
Hey guys! Has anyone compared these to the dt 770s?
post #713 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Hey guys! Has anyone compared these to the dt 770s?

They are way much colored compared to 8.35d. I think Marleybob217 can give you more information cuz I just demoed DT770 (80 ohms) and it was not too long. For me, they are really colored.

post #714 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

They are way much colored compared to 8.35d. I think Marleybob217 can give you more information cuz I just demoed DT770 (80 ohms) and it was not too long. For me, they are really colored.

Haha, well I have to agree with you. They are very colored, way too much (loose) bass, and the most impressive sibilance I've ever heard.

 

I guess the DT770s could be pretty fun when listening to dance music without any vocals in them, or other sharp sounds.

post #715 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Haha, well I have to agree with you. They are very colored, way too much (loose) bass, and the most impressive sibilance I've ever heard.

 

I guess the DT770s could be pretty fun when listening to dance music without any vocals in them, or other sharp sounds.

The buddy saved the day biggrin.gif

post #716 of 997
Hmm thanks:D!
post #717 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

 

You're not mistaking, I use the 8.35 and the K-702 for music productions. I also use the 8.35 for Djing at outdoor parties.

 

*

That's very dusty/sandy looking! :D

post #718 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

That's very dusty/sandy looking! :D

Probably a bad guess but maybe a beach party?

post #719 of 997
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

That's very dusty/sandy looking! :D

 

This is my portable/Djing use at the dusty party in the Israeli desert (Sahara proved). After every outdoor party I take the pads out and wash the protection dusty net with soap, it's a must!

post #720 of 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

 

This is my portable/Djing use at the dusty party in the Israeli desert (Sahara proved). After every outdoor party I take the pads out and wash the protection dusty net with soap, it's a must!

Wow, that's some survivalist like dj-ing!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!