Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!! - Page 40

post #586 of 929

The Nova's not out yet, as far as I know. Maybe even the Fiio X3 comes out first, and right now I'm definitely planning to get that. It looks pretty extensible, versatile and future-proof.
But yeah, $80 is not that much for a little experiment.

post #587 of 929
Thread Starter 

I've found a way to bring my oval pads back in shape...

 

1000

post #588 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

I've found a way to bring my oval pads back in shape...

 

1000

That's awesome :D did it alter the sound at all?

post #589 of 929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

That's awesome :D did it alter the sound at all?

 

A bit more space...I've try to bring those pads back to life. Now I just need more foamm. happy_face1.gif

post #590 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

 

A bit more space...I've try to bring those pads back to life. Now I just need more foamm. happy_face1.gif

Hmm, how about you add more foam in the back of pads so that the drivers are tilted a bit. This might improve soundstaging!

post #591 of 929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Hmm, how about you add more foam in the back of pads so that the drivers are tilted a bit. This might improve soundstaging!

 

Yes, to angle the pads as the 70X is a great idea, but I need more foam. As well those pads are not made to be angle, but maybe I can stretch them a bit.

post #592 of 929
Thread Starter 

The other option is to cut the back of the GMP pads and to glue it to a back of the K70X pads. Just to replace the AKG lock pads mechanism with the GMP sleeve, Or just to create some double sides sleeves to fit both pads.

post #593 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Hmm, how about you add more foam in the back of pads so that the drivers are tilted a bit. This might improve soundstaging!

On my personal head I'd need to somehow make the pads wider as well, to distribute pressure across bigger area. There's a bit too much pressure behind my ears as it is.

post #594 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

On my personal head I'd need to somehow make the pads wider as well, to distribute pressure across bigger area. There's a bit too much pressure behind my ears as it is.

I do remember having that problem slightly, but I don't notice it anymore.

post #595 of 929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

On my personal head I'd need to somehow make the pads wider as well, to distribute pressure across bigger area. There's a bit too much pressure behind my ears as it is.

 

Maybe you can put some books between the caps to stretch out the headphones headband, or just ask this nice lady to do that for you...

 

 

1000

post #596 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

 

Maybe you can put some books between the caps to stretch out the headphones headband, or just ask this nice lady to do that for you...

 

 

1000

Hahahaha push up headphones!

post #597 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Hahahaha push up headphones!

More like pull up, and only if you literaly pull the headband.

post #598 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

More like pull up, and only if you literaly pull the headband.

I meant from the girl's perspective!

post #599 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

I meant from the girl's perspective!

Oh. Yeah, great way to push cans.

post #600 of 929

Hey Acix whats your thought's on using these for EDM production?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!