Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!! - Page 4

post #46 of 996
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
They earned that right. Highly regarded studio cans, un breakable, and German. TY for the PM Ray. They would compliment my DT48 nicely.
You will be surprised how much they compliment the DT48...
post #47 of 996
You mean bass! extended highs!! Their flagship offering looks tempting. 350.00 isn't bad.. They seem like they will perform well above their price point.
post #48 of 996
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
You mean bass! extended highs!! Their flagship offering looks tempting. 350.00 isn't bad.. They seem like they will perform well above their price point.
Do you mean to the GMP 450 Pro, or the GMP 435 S?
Looks like the 435 S, have the same driver like the 8.35 @ 35 ohms.
post #49 of 996
Thread Starter 
There are three main groups...

1. 240/250
2. 400/435S/450Pro
3. 8.35Monitor/8.300Pro/8.100USB/8.40, for Industrial Use.
post #50 of 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
There are three main groups...

1. 240/250
2. 400/435S/450Pro
3. 8.35Monitor/8.300Pro/8.100USB/8.40, for Industrial Use.
Or, as on the GM website (not mentioning the headsets):

1. GMP Studio-Series: GMP 400, GMP 450 Pro, GMP 8.35 D Monitor, GMP 8.300 D Professional
2. GMP Live-Series: GMP 435 S, GMP 250, GMP 240, GMP 160
post #51 of 996
Hmm this HPs impressions look nice. But I am really looking for some impressions against the DT48E.

I think build quality of the DT48 is very hard to surpass
post #52 of 996
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Hmm this HPs impressions look nice. But I am really looking for some impressions against the DT48E.

I think build quality of the DT48 is very hard to surpass

There is 30 years, and 30kz difference...

The DT48E and the GMP 8.35 are Both monitor/tracking type hps. I mean both are low impedance hps and they will sound great from any a sound source.

Sound...
The GMP 8.35 D Monitor extend more in the low and high ends, 20-27Khz vs 16-20 on the 48E. The 8.35 have much more bass and high end, on page 1 you can see the 8.35 FR graph that show curve in the bass and in the upper mid area, if you will cross a straight line between the curves you will find out that they are equal and balance. and they still sound natural, and this is very important.

The DT48E have this beautiful magical mids, that you forget about the bass and the highs and you just get hypnotize in to the their sound. If you step out of the DT spell, you will notice that they offer a flat and very natural sound. The lower end and the upper high roll off to early for me in the mix, I mostly use them to change the reference view to my mix, and of course to enjoy the magical mids.

Both hps have great isolation, I prefer the 8.35 for now. I need to change the pads on my both DTs the 48E and the 48S, and of course to recable them. I think I will go for the Grados new cables.
post #53 of 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Hmm this HPs impressions look nice. But I am really looking for some impressions against the DT48E.

I think build quality of the DT48 is very hard to surpass
Both are German tough.
post #54 of 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
There is 30 years, and 30kz difference...

The DT48E and the GMP 8.35 are Both monitor/tracking type hps. I mean both are low impedance hps and they will sound great from any a sound source.

Sound...
The GMP 8.35 D Monitor extend more in the low and high ends, 20-27Khz vs 16-20 on the 48E. The 8.35 have much more bass and high end, on page 1 you can see the 8.35 FR graph that show curve in the bass and in the upper mid area, if you will cross a straight line between the curves you will find out that they are equal and balance. and they still sound natural, and this is very important.

The DT48E have this beautiful magical mids, that you forget about the bass and the highs and you just get hypnotize in to the their sound. If you step out of the DT spell, you will notice that they offer a flat and very natural sound. The lower end and the upper high roll off to early for me in the mix, I mostly use them to change the reference view to my mix, and of course to enjoy the magical mids.

Both hps have great isolation, I prefer the 8.35 for now. I need to change the pads on my both DTs the 48E and the 48S, and of course to recable them. I think I will go for the Grados new cables.
What about a Maestro VS DT48s comparison.. Since the S version is better in my, and I think, your opinion.
post #55 of 996
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice View Post
What about a Maestro VS DT48s comparison.. Since the S version is better in my, and I think, your opinion.

First I need to recable both of my DTs and bring them up to top notch level. After all, the last time the cable was changed on the headphone was in '78. So, I think I'll do a nice review on both DTs.

About the German Maestro, I would be happy to lend them to you and you can test them out and review them, too. I'd be happy to hear your opinion of them.
post #56 of 996
Got me interested in this As for mid range/treble is it good with voices?
Doesn´t need an amp but does it scale well with one?

I am just going to listen to music with it. How much potential does it have as a Kees modded Pro 900 killer or would it rather complement it? Dynamics seem to be just as good if not better?

Any reason why I shouldn´t like it? I am after something that certainly sound natural or it won´t compare.
post #57 of 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
First I need to recable both of my DTs and bring them up to top notch level. After all, the last time the cable was changed on the headphone was in '78. So, I think I'll do a nice review on both DTs.

About the German Maestro, I would be happy to lend them to you and you can test them out and review them, too. I'd be happy to hear your opinion of them.
Thank you.. But I don't feel comfortable with people sending me expensive gear to try or loan. If we can find a meet in between San Jose & SF I wouldn't mind pairing up.. You should hear the newer DT48 models.. They seem to be tweaked to fit into the 21st Century.. More 'hip', IMO, much different then my DT48S.. More 'fun' & 'musical'.
post #58 of 996
Hmm there seem to be a 8.40D out now according to the .pdf that I couldn´t read?

Also the 450 Pro is 300 ohm and wouldn´t make my amps useless. Why does it cost more than the monitor? Everything is in German
As for the price I know I am head-fi damaged but they are litterary for free. 130 euro for the 8.35D they really have to be crap to not being good value
post #59 of 996
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
Hmm there seem to be a 8.40D out now according to the .pdf that I couldn´t read?

Also the 450 Pro is 300 ohm and wouldn´t make my amps useless. Why does it cost more than the monitor? Everything is in German
As for the price I know I am head-fi damaged but they are litterary for free. 130 euro for the 8.35D they really have to be crap to not being good value
Well, they have also the GMP 435 S @ 35 Ohms. I don't have any experience with the 4XX series. As I know the 8.35 and my old MB Quart QP 250, I can guess that you would like the 35 ohm driver. If I could describe it to you, it would be somewhere between the AKG and Ultrasone. It sounds more natural than the Ultrasone and the bass is more punchy. They also have a version that's super flat like the 240. Anyway, it could be a good surprise for you.

I'm looking into setting up a loan program for at least one pair, so maybe you will have a chance to give them a try. But you're not in the US, are you? I'm thinking the program would only be for US members since the shipping would be too expensive.
post #60 of 996
Sweden I am afraid. Would love to be on the loaner programme otherwise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!