Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!! - Page 15

post #211 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
Yes, as well the GMP 435-S that is an open design and they share the same drivers as the GMP 8.35.
then what is the difference in music between the two ?

Please help me choose the best between :-
GMP 8.35 D
GMP 8.300D
GMP 435 S
post #212 of 920
Witch of GM EarPads should I chose for 8.35 ?

Ear Pads - GermanMAESTRO Shop

Velvet 41-6049, velvet 41-6085 or other?
post #213 of 920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by richbass View Post
then what is the difference in music between the two ?

Please help me choose the best between :-
GMP 8.35 D
GMP 8.300D
GMP 435 S
If you don't have isolation issues go for the 435 S.
post #214 of 920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmagus View Post
Witch of GM EarPads should I chose for 8.35 ?

Ear Pads - GermanMAESTRO Shop

Velvet 41-6049, velvet 41-6085 or other?
The custom pads are cool, and on the warm side. I like the Ear Pad 41-6050, bigger sound stage and super detailed with a good depth, more analytical compare to the custom pads. If you are going for the velvet pads, go for the 41-6085 they make the sound super flat, a nice experience.
post #215 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
The custom pads are cool, and on the warm side. I like the Ear Pad 41-6050, bigger sound stage and super detailed with a good depth, more analytical compare to the custom pads. If you are going for the velvet pads, go for the 41-6085 they make the sound super flat, a nice experience.
Thx - I will put them on my shopping list.
post #216 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
If you don't have isolation issues go for the 435 S.
ok !
If open = 435 S
If Closed = 250/8.35D/8.3000D ?

Thanks
post #217 of 920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by richbass View Post
ok !
If open = 435 S
If Closed = 250/8.35D/8.3000D ?

Thanks
For the 250 you'll need some amp or a minimum sound card, the 8.3000D are 300 ohm so, you'll need something to drive.
The 435 and the 8.35 are 35 ohm, no amp it's necessary, I mean amp and dac sure will help, but you can add them letter if needed.
post #218 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
For the 250 you'll need some amp or a minimum sound card, the 8.3000D are 300 ohm so, you'll need something to drive.
The 435 and the 8.35 are 35 ohm, no amp it's necessary, I mean amp and dac sure will help, but you can add them letter if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
Please focus your efforts by asking the right questions.
1)Which pads are you using with 8.35D now ?
2)Are those pads available @ shops like JABEN ?
3)Is 435S better than 8.35D ?
4)If the answer of ^^ is YES, then, would 8.35D sound like 435 S/250 or better with Ear Pads you are using ?
5)You have heard 250,435S and 8.35D. Which are the best with stock pads and how ?
6)Best Buy = 8.300D/8.35D/435S ?

Thanks a ZILLION !!!!
post #219 of 920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by richbass View Post
1)Which pads are you using with 8.35D now ?
2)Are those pads available @ shops like JABEN ?
3)Is 435S better than 8.35D ?
4)If the answer of ^^ is YES, then, would 8.35D sound like 435 S/250 or better with Ear Pads you are using ?
5)You have heard 250,435S and 8.35D. Which are the best with stock pads and how ?
6)Best Buy = 8.300D/8.35D/435S ?

Thanks a ZILLION !!!!
1. I'm using the oval pads, Ear Pad 41-6050: Ear Pad 41-6050 - GermanMAESTRO Shop
3. Yes, if you like open design.
5. Both are great with the stock pads, the 8.35 are more warm on the bass side.

Just keep in mind...they are very very natural, no gimmicks here.
post #220 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
1. I'm using the oval pads, Ear Pad 41-6050: Ear Pad 41-6050 - GermanMAESTRO Shop
3. Yes, if you like open design.
5. Both are great with the stock pads, the 8.35 are more warm on the bass side.

Just keep in mind...they are very very natural, no gimmicks here.
Would 8.35D sound like 435 S/250 or better with Ear Pads you are using ?
post #221 of 920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by richbass View Post
Would 8.35D sound like 435 S/250 or better with Ear Pads you are using ?
Both models sounds close but they are not the same, the 435 sound very open and some times you can forget that you have headphones on your head.

The 8.35 with the custom pads sounds like a very good sound system in a club. With the newer pads the oval ones, sounds like in acoustic studio flat FR but still great highs with a better sound stage and punchy bass.
post #222 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
Both models sounds close but they are not the same, the 435 sound very open and some times you can forget that you have headphones on your head.

The 8.35 with the custom pads sounds like a very good sound system in a club. With the newer pads the oval ones, sounds like in acoustic studio flat FR but still great highs with a better sound stage and punchy bass.
Thanks
post #223 of 920
can you compare it to akg 702 ?
post #224 of 920
What sort of amps are you guys using with 435S and the 8.35? Im looking at either a starving student or a headroom micro amp; not sure which would go best with these.
post #225 of 920
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmantravis View Post
What sort of amps are you guys using with 435S and the 8.35? Im looking at either a starving student or a headroom micro amp; not sure which would go best with these.
If you're using your computer, external a sound card/DAC will improve the sound quality and will give you a little more power to drive them, but you also can connect them directly to your computer for a start point.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!