Related Forum Threads
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for clarity and BASS Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for high quality in ears. Need help! Last post on 11/18/12 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
The Monster.... Turbine... thinggy - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 3863/28/09 at 2:46amHow does the bass quantity compare with the Turbines and the IE7? I am looking at the IE7 for my next IEM at the moment since I want a dynamic. It's between the turbines and the IE7 right now.post #378 of 3863/28/09 at 3:05amwhich is better is a personal thing however, having now listened to hours upon hours with each, i definately prefer the monster but that may not be the case with everyone. it has one of the most unique bass presentations i have heard in a headphone of any type: somehow, like bass is in its own channel. i am listening with an ipod touch 2g for reference and a sony 828.post #379 of 3864/3/09 at 4:15amI just ordered my pair. I'm hoping to score some Complys from a fellow Head-Fi'er.
Also, if anyone is unsatisfied with their Sony Hybird Tips and want to sell them, I'm up to offers just PM me.post #380 of 3864/3/09 at 4:17ami have the ie7's and the bass impact is pretty amazing to me since i used to have the PFE's
how does the turbine compare with the ie7 in terms of mids/highs?post #381 of 3864/3/09 at 11:14ampost #382 of 3864/3/09 at 12:12pmpost #383 of 3864/3/09 at 3:14pmpost #384 of 38612/23/10 at 3:21pm
I got my Turbine last night from amazon.com and it did sound pretty good compair to my IE7. However, today after I woke up, the right earphone is 50% lower volume than the left already, how disappointing. The construction on those do look top of the line, but broke on the second day, that is a shame.post #385 of 38612/23/10 at 3:28pm
The turbine does have better bass than the IE7, it goes much deeper as the ie7 has more mid bass thereby making it sound a little boomy comparing to the turbine. But be aware, my turbine broke on the second day and the cable on those are just too thin. IE7 will make any acoustic sound alive and the sound stage is 50% more than the turbine. The cable on the IE7 are Kevlar thereby making it impossible to break and has little to none noises. I would go for the IE7 if you like wide, warm and expensive sound.post #386 of 3861/18/11 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Butter123
The turbine does have better bass than the IE7, it goes much deeper as the ie7 has more mid bass thereby making it sound a little boomy comparing to the turbine. But be aware, my turbine broke on the second day and the cable on those are just too thin. IE7 will make any acoustic sound alive and the sound stage is 50% more than the turbine. The cable on the IE7 are Kevlar thereby making it impossible to break and has little to none noises. I would go for the IE7 if you like wide, warm and expensive sound.
Are you sure that the problem you're having with the Turbines isn't caused by earwax, etc?
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monster.... Turbine... thinggy
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Earbuds Round-Up 27 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear