Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322 - Page 25

post #361 of 489
Thanks for the review, Godkin!
post #362 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by arie123 View Post
About 2 months ago, I bought a 3322 from Luckyfrog in the UK. The amp however never reached me because one channel turned out to be defective. Apparently, it was one of several defective/damaged amps that Luckyfrog received. I'm actually thankfull this retailer checked the amp thoroughly before sending it over.

Reading the latest news on the 332s, I decided to wait for that equivalent of the 3322 by La Figaro. As soon as it's available, I'll buy one (assuming a 3322-like price) and report on it here, in combination with HD650+HD600 phones. Just give me a sign as soon as you have one for sale Yuking!

Right now, I don't have a proper home headphone amp to compare it with - except for a Dared MP5 which is merely OK imho. I had several amps in the past and should be able to say something sensible about the 332s's performance. It's about time I do something in return for this forum. The Yuin PK1 are one revelation for 'on the road' I never would have learned about without Head fi!
Now we only produce one 332s,it is 220V ,we will develop the production plans next week.
332s's current order price is similar to 3322.luckyfrog is a responsible dealer,at present we are dealing the matter with luckyfrog .When 332s is in mass production,we will send to our dealer at the first time.
post #363 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godkin View Post
I would have bought a 332S, Just Julian, but I've just bought a new DAC (XINDAK DAC-5) and at this time of the year cash is in short supply. The wife would take an attack of apoplexy if I brought another piece of hifi into the house.

But who's to say, in the new year I might just pull the trigger! A comparison between the 3322 and the new 332S is something that needs to be done.
Hi Godkin,sorry to go off topic but what do you think of the DAC-5?
post #364 of 489
Thread Starter 
Won't be able to report on the sound of the DAC-5 until Christmas - it's a present from "her indoors." But as soon as I get it fired up I'll report back here.

The DAC-5 arrived this morning, and what does impress is the build quality: very sturdy construction with a hugely thick piece of brushed aluminium at the front. It's very pretty as well, and has a switchable output - between tube and solid state. All and all, very impressed by build and aesthetics.

And guess what, along the manuals and cables you get a pair of white gloves! Yes, white cotton gloves!
post #365 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godkin View Post
Won't be able to report on the sound of the DAC-5 until Christmas - it's a present from "her indoors." But as soon as I get it fired up I'll report back here.

The DAC-5 arrived this morning, and what does impress is the build quality: very sturdy construction with a hugely thick piece of brushed aluminium at the front. It's very pretty as well, and has a switchable output - between tube and solid state. All and all, very impressed by build and aesthetics.

And guess what, along the manuals and cables you get a pair of white gloves! Yes, white cotton gloves!
Look forward to your impressions mate.I like the look of the new DAC-9 but i must say that for the price you can pick up a DAC-5 for now it is very tempting.
post #366 of 489
Thread Starter 
For a DAC of this quality, the price now is ridiculously cheap. I paid £245 for the DAC and £60 delivery. Delivery took just two days! I can't wait to hear it. I thought about buying one about two years ago, when the price was about £450. Glad I waited. I don't know about the DAC-9, but the DAC-8 is a beautiful piece of equipment. Technically, I read it's basically the same as the DAC-5, but in a prettier box.
post #367 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin sawdust View Post
Hi Godkin,sorry to go off topic but what do you think of the DAC-5?
That's quite a coincidence: I posted here because I fancy the 332s but I have the Xindak DAC5 too (almost 2 years now). I use it in my speaker system (PC bitperfect output -> Xindak DAC5 XLR output -> Pathos Logos amp -> Usher CP 6371 modded with beryllium tweeters). I think it's fantastic value. It's by far the cheapest component in my speaker system but in no way I feel it is lacking. I did modify it somewhat: the opamps have been replaced by Audio Gd Moon discrete modules, which gives a warmer sound. But it was already very good in native state. It has a very spatial sound with lots of depth. And the build quality is indeed amazing. The tubed output is actually only a tube buffer, I don't use it. Not that I dislike tubes: my amp has a tubed preamp stage.
post #368 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by arie123 View Post
Not that I dislike tubes: my amp has a tubed preamp stage.
Oops, that was superfluous. Disliking and eagerly awaiting the release of the 332s wouldn't make sense, now would it...
post #369 of 489
Thread Starter 
Thanks for your views, Arie123. Like you, I'll probably upgrade the stock op-amps with the Audio gd discrete OPAs - I too like the Moon. I'm itching to hear the sound of this DAC-5! Every year I get a new piece of hifi for a Christmas present and every year I'm a excited wreck. You'd think at my age I'd have learned to control myself.
post #370 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambosenior View Post
It is indeed good news that this product line is being continued and improved! Looking forward to the "new" versions of 337 and 337SE, if and when they do appear.

Very, very happy with my trouble-free DV3322. With the HD-800 it provides a never-ending thrill of great music reproduction. I don't know yet if I am totally moved by the looks of the new version. Those black tube, and whatever else, enclosures on top are downright jarring visually. (Why not in silver? Maybe?)

Good luck and best wishes to LaFigaro.

When I heard the news the Japanese government prohibited the cutting of cherry wood, I immediately go to buy a W1000 headphones.As the anniversary of the end of the the Tieshan corner cherry wood .

After I take it home and test it with 337se,I found that there is defects that 337se is for high sensitivity,low-impedance headphones.Thus I improved 337se ,but the result is not ideal.Undoubtedly it is the structure of 337se lead to that 337se push low-impedance isn't ideal.

We designed lafigaro337 early.But it brought me trouble last test .So I decide not to produce 337.And there is Darkvoice337 in the market now.
We will specifically design a new amp for low-impedance headphones .And we will produce it next year.Its name will not be lafigaro337,and the appearance of it will not look like 337.


post #371 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godkin View Post
I'll probably upgrade the stock op-amps with the Audio gd discrete OPAs - I too like the Moon.
Hi Godkin. Thanks for your great review of the 3322. If you want to experiment with the Earth opa's in the DAC5 as well, just let me know and I'll send them over. I have both the dual and single types lying about. You need both types if you use the (non-tube) cinch output.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Godkin View Post
Every year I get a new piece of hifi for a Christmas present and every year I'm a excited wreck. You'd think at my age I'd have learned to control myself.
I'm 45 and I gave up on that idea. Control is bad for hobbies, being an excited wreck can be really nice
post #372 of 489
I've sold off a bunch of gear that I wasn't using, so now i have cash in my paypal account earmarked for a new 332s.... just hoping I don't spent it on something inappropriate while we wait for production to start !!
post #373 of 489
Thread Starter 
Resist, Big Tony, resist! We need onwers and reviewers of this new 332S.

Thanks for your offer, Arie123, I might just take you up on that.
post #374 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godkin View Post
Resist, Big Tony, resist! We need onwers and reviewers of this new 332S.

Thanks for your offer, Arie123, I might just take you up on that.
Resistance is useless!!

I could make a start buying some nice tubes i guess (sold my tubes with my dv amp!).
What are the tube set for the amp?
post #375 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuking09 View Post
After I take it home and test it with 337se,I found that there is defects that 337se is for high sensitivity,low-impedance headphones.Thus I improved 337se ,but the result is not ideal.Undoubtedly it is the structure of 337se lead to that 337se push low-impedance isn't ideal.

We designed lafigaro337 early.But it brought me trouble last test .So I decide not to produce 337.And there is Darkvoice337 in the market now.
We will specifically design a new amp for low-impedance headphones .And we will produce it next year.Its name will not be lafigaro337,and the appearance of it will not look like 337.
[/IMG]
I hate to see tube newbies buying OTL tube amps for their Denons or Grados. Seems like the manufacturers want to keep this a sectret. For an OTL amp to work right with Denons it would require so much NFB the sound would be mush.

These are 300 ohm and higher tube amps. Get an OPT or Hybrid tube amp for any headphone under 200 ohms
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322