Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsored Threads and Group Buys › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum ARCHIVE › JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page! - Page 9  

post #121 of 542
Thread Starter 
sorry for the lack of activity in this thread guys. Been working really hard in getting the new products available for the public. Will be released soon.

Just some new information. Customers looking to buy our headbands for Grados in Singapore will be able to buy them directly from Stereo Electronics in Singapore in the next few weeks. This will be the new V3 headband with the new dustbags.


In response to the question regarding beyer leather pad thickness, our pads are about the same thickness as the velours but use a firmer padding that should not deflate as easily as the velours. However, pad deterioration will depend on customer use and environmental conditions (heat, sweat, etc...)

For our Denon pads, this was our hardest task as the pads are angled and since we're doing all these by hand, it was not easy...

here is a picture to show how massive these pads are in terms of thickness, increasing soundstage, reducing fatigue. Made out of lambskin leather and sewn for durability.

post #122 of 542
very nice! Once those denon pads hit stereo in singapore I'm going right down... hope to get some good news soon
post #123 of 542
Those denon pads look very nice!
post #124 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Those denon pads look very nice!
They do, wonder what the price is?

.
post #125 of 542
When these Denon pads will be available?

Edit : and I also may want to change the headband of Denon headphones, any plans on working for the headband?
post #126 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
When these Denon pads will be available?

Edit : and I also may want to change the headband of Denon headphones, any plans on working for the headband?
Ditto on the headband...

.
post #127 of 542
X3 on a Denon headband. The stock headband material is rather lame. Nicely padded leather would be awesome.

I've disassembled (and reassembled) my D2000 headband to add some padding to it's underside. I do not recommend that anyone try it. It's a PITA to do, with tiny parts for the adjustment mechanism in the way that could easily get messed up. A replacement headband would have to involve ungluing and sliding off the stock pleather from the curved metal piece, then sliding on the new headband material (which would be quite time consuming). With the stock headband the glue at the ends is really the only thing that keeps the cover material from sliding out of metal end caps. A replacement headband could potentially be attached by re-gluing, or by extending the leather far enough down that the two small screws on each side could capture it, but doing so would involve avoiding molded structures on the underside of the plate that is screwed down.

A simple alternative would be a wraparound piece, a la Beyer headband pads. Personally, I'd prefer the more elegant solution of really rebuilding the headband by replacing the stock pleather, but the difficulty in instructing people to do it correctly and the potential for frustrating loss of small parts or improper reassembly would make that a challenging product to sell. Nevertheless, I'd love to have it.
post #128 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonears View Post
X3 on a Denon headband. The stock headband material is rather lame. Nicely padded leather would be awesome.

I've disassembled (and reassembled) my D2000 headband to add some padding to it's underside. I do not recommend that anyone try it. It's a PITA to do, with tiny parts for the adjustment mechanism in the way that could easily get messed up. A replacement headband would have to involve ungluing and sliding off the stock pleather from the curved metal piece, then sliding on the new headband material (which would be quite time consuming). With the stock headband the glue at the ends is really the only thing that keeps the cover material from sliding out of metal end caps. A replacement headband could potentially be attached by re-gluing, or by extending the leather far enough down that the two small screws on each side could capture it, but doing so would involve avoiding molded structures on the underside of the plate that is screwed down.

A simple alternative would be a wraparound piece, a la Beyer headband pads. Personally, I'd prefer the more elegant solution of really rebuilding the headband by replacing the stock pleather, but the difficulty in instructing people to do it correctly and the potential for frustrating loss of small parts or improper reassembly would make that a challenging product to sell. Nevertheless, I'd love to have it.
Thanx for the warning. I think their Headband is a piece of crap. The canz I love though. I'll approach this carefully. Sounds like it is even more important to get a good headband since it is such a PITA to mess with.

.
post #129 of 542
Thread Starter 
Hey guys,
The V3 Grado headbands will be released on Monday.

Denon/beyer pads will be released in a few weeks time. Prices are as follows:

Beyer pads: $54.99
Denon Pads: $62.99
V3 Headbands: $43.99

As for the denon headbands, this has been worked on for a long time. However, the headband construction is difficult as the prongs of the drivers that are slid into the headband when you adjust the size is a problem. The other problem is that you must basically destroy your old headband in order for you to change the headband as it is glued on and there are many tiny screws to remove.


I may offer a cover up headband if there is enough interest.

There are plans for a beyer lambskin headband though which will either be a button or "invisible zipper" model. I am leaning towards the zipper as I don't care much for the button look.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated for these products or any other products that you may have in mind, given that the interest is great enough.

Thanks for your continual support and patience.

-Jeremy Lin
post #130 of 542
Jeremy,

Will the Denon pads include the circular plastic mounting pieces with the four little tabs, or would the buyer need to extract those from existing pads?
post #131 of 542
Thread Starter 
The customer will have to use their own plastic piece. The stock pads remove easily on those.
post #132 of 542
fatman711, why don't you put up leather ipod\portable amp case to accomodate mobile rigs?
post #133 of 542
Any news/updates on the Grado rod locks?

Oh...and definitely put me down for a set of the Denon pads now that the price is known! I too would be interested in a wraparound solution for the Denon headband. I tried the Beyer snap on headband and it fit, but didn't look that good. I think a hidden zipper headband for the Denons would look great!
post #134 of 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman711 View Post
The customer will have to use their own plastic piece. The stock pads remove easily on those.
Jeremy, this worries me since I would not like to damage my stock pads wich have been modded by MarkL. If I remove the plastic piece from the stock ear pad would I be able to re-install back? Thanks.
post #135 of 542
Thread Starter 
The ipod/amp case has been thought of. We could make this product a community product where the whole community will join in the construction of it and I will donate some money to head-fi. This is because I'm stuck on how to design it. I want it to be universal.

Grado rod locks are in the works. Trying to make a replacement set of L and R blocks out of aluminum and wood.

As for the plastic part of the Denon pads, the pads just slip off the plastic piece and can just as easily slide back on. No damage will be caused if you're careful.

-Jeremy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsored Threads and Group Buys › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum › Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads Forum ARCHIVE › JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page!