Inearz has re-shelled PFE and made it so you could switch filters - might even be a picture up on their Facebook page.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread - Page 192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They must have just started doing that. I had asked last year and they said that they couldn't. This is great news as I will have my 122's reshelled, I also have a brand new pair of 132's for sale in the forums if anyone is interested.
I'm using the pfe112 with a 75ohm etymotic adapter right now. It fills in the slightly dipped 3.2khz region and adds airiness past the 8-10khz region. Overall things sound more open and spacious. On some music the high boost is a little too much and things just sound too thin. But on other tracks it seems to work o.k. At least something to play around with...
If there was a way to boost the 3.2khz region without boosting the upper treble these things would be really impressive.
Edited by luisdent - 6/20/14 at 1:28pm
If need be you could always send in for reshell and have them convert for use with two pin cables, giving you a bigger choice
I don't find the bass changes much. And it is very song dependent. It will make them definitely brighter overall. The treble (based on graphs and listening) becomes more linear in the 1-7khz region, but above that it becomes pretty boosted the more impedance you add. With 100ohms it's very bright and too thin sounding. With the 75ohm ety adapter it's still pretty bright, but not as bad. I prefer 32ohms as the perfect balance for the pfe112. It makes everything sound a little less unresolved and brings out more clarity and even treble. That's how I use my pfe112 exclusively, with 32ohm.
I should add that I wear my pfe with medium silicon tips very deep. Probably deeper than most people can or would wear them. But this makes the bass a tad louder for me.
Edited by luisdent - 6/20/14 at 8:09pm
Yeah, it might not be for everyone, but I prefer it. It's more refined treble in my opinion. The bottom end sounds more even too, but some will prefer the stock lower half as it sounds a bit warmer. I like to have impedance adapters on hand anyway to test sound changes with all the earphones I test...
Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Hey all. Was listening with my 111s today and all of a sudden the vol. in the left side dropped compared to the right. First thing I did was change filters.... no joy. Even without the filters in I can hear that the right side is much louder than the left. Tried the old reliable 'jiggle the cable' trick with no luck either. I'm wondering since its really hot & humid today if maybe some moisture/sweat managed to seep in. Got em in a jar with some of that dessicant stuff right now.
Anybody have any other suggestions to relay?
Thanks Kyoshiro for this. I've just laid my order :">
Regarding the filters: I got tired of cleaning them on a regular basis so I tried using the PFEs without filter by EQing my source. I use the Google music app EQ so it's not very accurate (basically I'm setting all the frequences above 1 khz at -15 db!) but it makes them quite enjoyable to listen to. They sound less muffled this way than with my 5 years old filters. Glad I can still enjoy these IEMs anyway.
Now I'm wondering what IEMs should I buy to replace them when they break down, maybe some Earsonics SM64? Any opinion from former PFE owners?
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 34 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › omg i love my new monoprice 5" studio monitors!! 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2