Inearz has re-shelled PFE and made it so you could switch filters - might even be a picture up on their Facebook page.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread - Page 192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They must have just started doing that. I had asked last year and they said that they couldn't. This is great news as I will have my 122's reshelled, I also have a brand new pair of 132's for sale in the forums if anyone is interested.
I'm using the pfe112 with a 75ohm etymotic adapter right now. It fills in the slightly dipped 3.2khz region and adds airiness past the 8-10khz region. Overall things sound more open and spacious. On some music the high boost is a little too much and things just sound too thin. But on other tracks it seems to work o.k. At least something to play around with...
If there was a way to boost the 3.2khz region without boosting the upper treble these things would be really impressive.
Edited by luisdent - 6/20/14 at 1:28pm
If need be you could always send in for reshell and have them convert for use with two pin cables, giving you a bigger choice
I don't find the bass changes much. And it is very song dependent. It will make them definitely brighter overall. The treble (based on graphs and listening) becomes more linear in the 1-7khz region, but above that it becomes pretty boosted the more impedance you add. With 100ohms it's very bright and too thin sounding. With the 75ohm ety adapter it's still pretty bright, but not as bad. I prefer 32ohms as the perfect balance for the pfe112. It makes everything sound a little less unresolved and brings out more clarity and even treble. That's how I use my pfe112 exclusively, with 32ohm.
I should add that I wear my pfe with medium silicon tips very deep. Probably deeper than most people can or would wear them. But this makes the bass a tad louder for me.
Edited by luisdent - 6/20/14 at 8:09pm
Yeah, it might not be for everyone, but I prefer it. It's more refined treble in my opinion. The bottom end sounds more even too, but some will prefer the stock lower half as it sounds a bit warmer. I like to have impedance adapters on hand anyway to test sound changes with all the earphones I test...
Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Hey all. Was listening with my 111s today and all of a sudden the vol. in the left side dropped compared to the right. First thing I did was change filters.... no joy. Even without the filters in I can hear that the right side is much louder than the left. Tried the old reliable 'jiggle the cable' trick with no luck either. I'm wondering since its really hot & humid today if maybe some moisture/sweat managed to seep in. Got em in a jar with some of that dessicant stuff right now.
Anybody have any other suggestions to relay?
Thanks Kyoshiro for this. I've just laid my order :">
Regarding the filters: I got tired of cleaning them on a regular basis so I tried using the PFEs without filter by EQing my source. I use the Google music app EQ so it's not very accurate (basically I'm setting all the frequences above 1 khz at -15 db!) but it makes them quite enjoyable to listen to. They sound less muffled this way than with my 5 years old filters. Glad I can still enjoy these IEMs anyway.
Now I'm wondering what IEMs should I buy to replace them when they break down, maybe some Earsonics SM64? Any opinion from former PFE owners?
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 seconds ago
- › AMB Beta22 Unbalanced 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 13 minutes ago
- › Surge protector audio quality 13 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 13 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3