I think it shouldn't be too much problem as long as we get the + and - correct...and of course the left and the right as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bought from them before and they are fine.
There is no difference unless the cable you use is unbelievably long or made of a material that changes the resistance noticeably. Otherwise, zero change. And it takes at least 30ohms or so to start hearing an almost noticeable change with the pfe...
Got the PFE012 for my sister from the Earphonesolution during last year's black friday sale for $80 + the green filter container. Sadly, she hated the sound so I traded hers with my Klipsch s4, which I left in the dust and gladly she love it. First impression is that it sounded disappointing; needed truckload of volume and worse, the stock tips aren't isolating.
Then, until I put the shure olives (small) on and kapow, I love how these sing. Combination of "fun" and "non-fatiguing" sound signature is on my top list. I prefer the PFE to the klipsch x10 because PFE isolation decimates x10. Plus the high on PFE does not distort like the X10. The bass quantity is better on PFE because of the isolation that the shure olives give. Weirdly, Shure olives altered the klipsch x10 as the bass is reduced and increase distortion in highs.
Anyhow, I got extra green filters so if one wanna trade for grey/black, I'd be happily too.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 3/15/14 at 8:21pm
Gandasaputra, do yourself a favor and try the grey filters. Transform your PFE012 to the more expensive PFE112 by just changing to the grey filters. You will find that the sound just opens up with the grey filters. Mids and Highs come alive and everything sounds much clearer and more detailed though the bass is not affected. Hope this helps
Edited by Francisk - 3/15/14 at 10:51pm
The black filters have a dip around the mid frequency region therefore it has a V shaped sound signature. I find the grey filters have the most neutral sound signature. I think you should test them all to find your own preference.
If you prefer reference sound I wouldn't bother with any filters other than the greys. However, I realize different people have different tastes. The other filters simply take the frequency response further from neutral.
Gandasaputra, try contacting Phonak (http://www.audeoworld.com/) and see if they're still selling those filters.
had contacted the person and sadly the representative replied:
Sorry if you are unable to find them on:
then we are out of them indefinitely.
Apparently since the phonaks are discontinued, so are the filters. Oh well, I'll stick with the green ones but it'd be great if I could trade some of my greens with the grey ones.
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 14 seconds ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 37 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 5 minutes ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 5 minutes ago
- › Meridian Director DAC: Anyone here own one? 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 10 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2