I think it shouldn't be too much problem as long as we get the + and - correct...and of course the left and the right as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Bought from them before and they are fine.
There is no difference unless the cable you use is unbelievably long or made of a material that changes the resistance noticeably. Otherwise, zero change. And it takes at least 30ohms or so to start hearing an almost noticeable change with the pfe...
Got the PFE012 for my sister from the Earphonesolution during last year's black friday sale for $80 + the green filter container. Sadly, she hated the sound so I traded hers with my Klipsch s4, which I left in the dust and gladly she love it. First impression is that it sounded disappointing; needed truckload of volume and worse, the stock tips aren't isolating.
Then, until I put the shure olives (small) on and kapow, I love how these sing. Combination of "fun" and "non-fatiguing" sound signature is on my top list. I prefer the PFE to the klipsch x10 because PFE isolation decimates x10. Plus the high on PFE does not distort like the X10. The bass quantity is better on PFE because of the isolation that the shure olives give. Weirdly, Shure olives altered the klipsch x10 as the bass is reduced and increase distortion in highs.
Anyhow, I got extra green filters so if one wanna trade for grey/black, I'd be happily too.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 3/15/14 at 8:21pm
Gandasaputra, do yourself a favor and try the grey filters. Transform your PFE012 to the more expensive PFE112 by just changing to the grey filters. You will find that the sound just opens up with the grey filters. Mids and Highs come alive and everything sounds much clearer and more detailed though the bass is not affected. Hope this helps
Edited by Francisk - 3/15/14 at 10:51pm
The black filters have a dip around the mid frequency region therefore it has a V shaped sound signature. I find the grey filters have the most neutral sound signature. I think you should test them all to find your own preference.
If you prefer reference sound I wouldn't bother with any filters other than the greys. However, I realize different people have different tastes. The other filters simply take the frequency response further from neutral.
Gandasaputra, try contacting Phonak (http://www.audeoworld.com/) and see if they're still selling those filters.
had contacted the person and sadly the representative replied:
Sorry if you are unable to find them on:
then we are out of them indefinitely.
Apparently since the phonaks are discontinued, so are the filters. Oh well, I'll stick with the green ones but it'd be great if I could trade some of my greens with the grey ones.
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 19 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 23 seconds ago
- › Looking for some good $30-35 IEMs 57 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3