- 667 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: EU
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread - Page 188
Gear mentioned in this thread:
should be able to get them directly from comply. $20 for 5 pairs last I checked (couple of days ago). Purchased a 5 pack last fall, no complaints about the service. Of course this is assuming you want foamies, silicone maybe audeo world (or whatever they call it).
They ARE the tips of the pfe112. Some people will say they aren't, because they are different colors or whatnot, but I have both and they are identical. Audeo even verified this before I bought some.
I've also been tweaking an eq setting for the pfe112. I have them extremely flat. I can never go back to not using eq now with these. They sound sooooo good. This will work in any equalizer with only 3 bands and q values or bandwidth! Fyi, this is for use with comply foam tips. It still improves the silicon tips, but the foam lowers some treble peaks a bit and i designed it around them. The improvement will just be a little less with the silicon.
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (bandwidth values)
dB Hz bandwidth
8 30 2.2
4 3200 1.38
-2 8400 .71
Luisdent's PFE112 3-band EQ! (q-values)
dB Hz q-value
8 30 .6
4 3200 1
-2 8400 2
Edited by luisdent - 2/3/14 at 10:07pm
Does anybody have a set of medium sized ones they can spare, that's living in the states? Anybody willing to let go of them for a few dollars or better yet as good will? I don't want to spend $20 for some silicons for $100 headphones. Doesn't seem worth it.
Edited by SilverEars - 2/3/14 at 9:12pm
That's a very nice cable!
What is the improvement compared to the stock one?
I'm interested in recabling my Phonak Audeo PFE 232 but I was told that their connectors/sockets are reversed compared to 'regular' recables and actually haven't seen them here on HF before. Which (EU) companies offer these custom cables and how to get additional connectors for them?
They still make them.
All righty then. I've been wondering how good I can get my pfe112 eq. Using available graphs and studio monitors and just listening, I've come up with an even flatter eq than my 3 band. This is the best I've ever heard the pfe112. I think if someone measured my eq with the pfe112 it would graph very very flat. I had to add two more bands to achieve the accuracy I wanted, but oh well.
Here it is for anyone who wants to try it. Just use the appropriate bandwidth or Q setting, depending on which eq app you use. I've included them both together in the EQ listing...
PFE112 (Medium Silicon Tips, comply are good too, but a bit warmer sounding)
LDURF (LuisDent Uber Reference Flatness) EQ Settings ;-) hehe
Edited by Francisk - 2/27/14 at 6:40pm
Yeah, luisdent's version of PFERM...the PFE version of Ultimate Ears UERM I've got the same black PFE like yours...all black...love it. Btw audiofreakie, where did you have your PFE recabled and how much. It's good to know that recalling is possible in case we damage the cable one day. My PFE is a keeper
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 1 minute ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 1 minute ago
- › HD800 Stock Cable 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC E80 Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Seeking advice: Audio-gd customer service (NFB-15) 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2