So I've got a pair of the 022 that I use the gray filters with and love them... but I've been reading that they're discontinued. With the caveat that I haven't read this entire 186 page thread, is it worth stocking up on filters right now? Or maybe even buying a backup pair at $60?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread - Page 187
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think 2 pairs would work long enough, they can only get dirty and it's possible to clean them, as far as I read about it.
As for tips, maybe the best would be to ask comply to hear from them if they planing to discontinue production anytime soon.
Have you tried the JDS Labs C421 or its successor? Perfect match with the PFE-232 so my guess is it should be very fine with the PFE 122 too. I might sell the C421 as I am planning on buying the X5 in March/April. My C421 has the OPA2227 chip + gain switch + bass boost switch + USB, imported to EU in June 2012, first owner.
Haven't tried anything but an old fiio e5 but I was looking at the smaller amp like: GoVibe Mini Box http://www.soundandvision.com/content/mini-amp-review-fiio-e6-fireye-mini-govibe-mini-box-page-4
but the C421 looks pretty sweet. Have to do some more research! Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
Hey all. I have a pair of PFE111s and have been very happy with them. Just one question though....is anybody having problems with the filters falling out? Looked at mine yesterday, and one of the filters was half out, and a month or so ago both of them completely fell out - surprisingly didn't lose them. A month or so was with a pair of blacks, so I switched to the greys. I've tried looking to see if the housing was cracked, and didn't see anything. Could this be because I switched the filters a few times and now they're looser? Or possibly because I use the comply tips and rolling em round to get them squished is somehow pushing the filters out?
Any thoughts? I'll be getting a fresh new pack of filters today (Canada Post willing) so hopefully they might fit a little better.
What source are you using? My pfe s sound quite good straight from the cowon S9
Sounds pretty good from my iPhone 5 but I want to get a little improvement.
Here is my impression with my portable devices and PFE-232. I do realize that the latter needs an amp to shine, so maybe comparison with PFE-1xx should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Nokia Lumia 820 (EQ off):
'thin' sounding with narrow soundstage. FiiO E5 (bass off) makes vocals come out more and soundstage wider and is a step up. JDS Labs C421 (bass off, high gain) is definately more powerfull, rich and warm sounding, intimate and makes you feel like you're in it
Cowon S9 (EQ/BBE off):
Just the player by itself is already much better SQ wise than Nokia Lumia 820 + Fiio E5. Adding E5 to the S9 is even better than Nokia Lumia 820 + C421. When paired with the C421 the S9 sounds really great: full, smooth and detailed with lots of power and clarity in vocals, soundstage much wider than all of the above.
If you are stuck with a smartphone, a relatively cheap and little device like a FiiO E5 is a step up. A good portable - but more bulky - amp like the JDS Labsdefinately can give you much more detail and warmth to music coming from a (smart)phone. A digital audio player obviously takes the sound to a higher level and makes the Phonak Audeo a real pleasure to listen to. Moreover if you prefer EQ/BBE/Bass boost then a DAP is worth looking into.
Hope this helps, just my 2 cents
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › She is Called M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread... 5 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 14 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 2 minutes ago
- › 25% OFF End of Summer Sale! Going on Now! 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2