Yeah good idea haha :P
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread - Page 185
Gear mentioned in this thread:
UIEM version of westone 4's would be HIFI-man HE500.
The region between 600 Hz and 8 kHz is noticeably attenuated with the black filters. I suspect your ears are more sensitive to frequencies within that range
Yeah that's probably the case. But after a lot of switching and listening to the different filters, the grey ones do sound the best.
I'm hearing no bass, do these need some burning in before the bass gets more "meatier" or is this just the sound signature?
Edited by luisdent - 9/19/13 at 8:52pm
Ah pink floyd...yes :)
I think cranking the bass up all the way up while driving my car everyday contributes to me craving for some more bass. But you know, IEMS...and SUBWOOFERS. Big difference!
Edited by leadbythemelody - 9/19/13 at 9:00pm
Never mind, either I got a better seal or they "broke-in" but I hear the bass now...and it's REALLY Deep especially with bass boost :)
Edited by leadbythemelody - 9/20/13 at 3:38pm
I recently acquired a Govibe Martini + amplifier here on head-fi and I paired it with the PFE 232's. Instruments sounded extremely fuller along with vocals. The PFE 232's sounded like different headphones. They were actually more mid-centric with stronger bass and more tamed highs. I really recommend you try listening to the Govibe Martini + with the PFE 232's, it's really intriguing how much amplifiers alter the sound of headphones...
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 6 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 7 minutes ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 7 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3