Inearz has re-shelled PFE and made it so you could switch filters - might even be a picture up on their Facebook page.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDEOtagged by System, 6/25/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK7 Titanium Earphonestagged by System, 7/23/10
- brandPhonaktagged by System, 6/25/10
- productPhonak Audeo PFE 121tagged by System, 7/16/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 1/31/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable? Last post on 2/21/12 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared Last post on 6/2/13 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you wear the Audeo PFEs in a conventional way (i.e. NOT over the ear)? Last post on 8/18/10 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models Last post on 10/29/10 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread - Page 192
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They must have just started doing that. I had asked last year and they said that they couldn't. This is great news as I will have my 122's reshelled, I also have a brand new pair of 132's for sale in the forums if anyone is interested.
I'm using the pfe112 with a 75ohm etymotic adapter right now. It fills in the slightly dipped 3.2khz region and adds airiness past the 8-10khz region. Overall things sound more open and spacious. On some music the high boost is a little too much and things just sound too thin. But on other tracks it seems to work o.k. At least something to play around with...
If there was a way to boost the 3.2khz region without boosting the upper treble these things would be really impressive.
Edited by luisdent - 6/20/14 at 1:28pm
If need be you could always send in for reshell and have them convert for use with two pin cables, giving you a bigger choice
I don't find the bass changes much. And it is very song dependent. It will make them definitely brighter overall. The treble (based on graphs and listening) becomes more linear in the 1-7khz region, but above that it becomes pretty boosted the more impedance you add. With 100ohms it's very bright and too thin sounding. With the 75ohm ety adapter it's still pretty bright, but not as bad. I prefer 32ohms as the perfect balance for the pfe112. It makes everything sound a little less unresolved and brings out more clarity and even treble. That's how I use my pfe112 exclusively, with 32ohm.
I should add that I wear my pfe with medium silicon tips very deep. Probably deeper than most people can or would wear them. But this makes the bass a tad louder for me.
Edited by luisdent - 6/20/14 at 8:09pm
Yeah, it might not be for everyone, but I prefer it. It's more refined treble in my opinion. The bottom end sounds more even too, but some will prefer the stock lower half as it sounds a bit warmer. I like to have impedance adapters on hand anyway to test sound changes with all the earphones I test...
Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Hey all. Was listening with my 111s today and all of a sudden the vol. in the left side dropped compared to the right. First thing I did was change filters.... no joy. Even without the filters in I can hear that the right side is much louder than the left. Tried the old reliable 'jiggle the cable' trick with no luck either. I'm wondering since its really hot & humid today if maybe some moisture/sweat managed to seep in. Got em in a jar with some of that dessicant stuff right now.
Anybody have any other suggestions to relay?
Thanks Kyoshiro for this. I've just laid my order :">
- Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Crystal Picolino Cable by Effect Audio 2 minutes ago
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 9 minutes ago
- › Shaving, gents 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 14 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)